Work colleagues

It's hard to actually stop him doing it as we are all free to manage our own work / projects and set up meetings as needed.  There's a degree of trust that everyone is fine with, except one.
He must have a line manager or someone who can rectify this work avoidance methodology he is employing.

One of our managers just went off on holiday, and has seemingly spent the past two weeks having a very good time with a variety of different people and substances. She's best mates with the manager of another shop, so has been sending her texts about her exploits.

She was a bit worse for wear when she returned and decided to sack off her first day back. Unfortunately, she decided to let her mate know, who then forwarded her last two weeks of texts to The Big Boss. She's now suspended pending investigation.

WTF is wrong with people?

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How hard is it to tell this person No?

They were told in no uncertain terms that we wouldn't be working on their work at 7pm.  Generally we manage our own work and update a handover if we need other people to pick things up.  It works well because we aren't liberty taking dicks.  

For the call this morning, he logged in from home after work yesterday and sent out an invite for an 8:30 call so no-one could tell him no as there was no-one about.  That also meant no-one dialled into the call as they weren't aware of it.

One of our managers just went off on holiday, and has seemingly spent the past two weeks having a very good time with a variety of different people and substances. She's best mates with the manager of another shop, so has been sending her texts about her exploits.

She was a bit worse for wear when she returned and decided to sack off her first day back. Unfortunately, she decided to let her mate know, who then forwarded her last two weeks of texts to The Big Boss. She's now suspended pending investigation.

What is wrong with folk indeed? Grassing your “mate”. Out of order.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I don't understand what she's possibly gained out of that. Lost a friend she's supposedly been close with for years, our boss doesn't seem the type to be particularly impressed by that kind of shitebaggery, and she's thoroughly outed herself as OFTW with everybody else in the organisation.

Someone we work with has never liked her, and his theory is that she just saw somebody's back exposed and stabbed it as a reflex.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I went to lunch with a colleague today and he spend 10 minutes telling me and about 10 other people in the sandwich shop how his 6 year old son has a whopping penis.

Alright, forget what I was saying. This requires more explanation.

43 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Being a grass is probably the worst thing a human can do. Worse that the stuff folk get actually locked up for.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I went to lunch with a colleague today and he spend 10 minutes telling me and about 10 other people in the sandwich shop how his 6 year old son has a whopping penis.

Was he the kind of guy who as a child used to run round the playground bragging "my dad's bigger than your dad"?

31 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

This. If she keeps her job and gets a warning I hope she caves her 'best mates' head in with a claw hammer. 

If she gets sacked I'd settle for a vicious knife attack. 

This. If she keeps her job and gets a warning I hope she caves her 'best mates' head in with a claw hammer. 
If she gets sacked I'd settle for a vicious knife attack. 

If she gets sacked, she’s as well killing her tbf. Don’t need to pay rent in the jail. Always thinking. If she keeps her job, a simple shanking will suffice.

Sure he wasnt just comparing his 6 inch to your foot long?

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Being a grass is probably the worst thing a human can do. Worse that the stuff folk get actually locked up for.

Calling Cards of Morons thread for this comment.

Agreed that the grass in BigFatTabbyDave’s story seems to be a complete and utter cvnt.

But say, for instance , you witnessed some poor old wifey getting mugged by some scrote that you knew.....would you regard yourself as worse than the mugger for grassing him to the cops ?.......or if you knew that someone who wasn’t actually  involved was wrongly in the frame for it ?