Work colleagues

On 30/08/2019 at 16:24, Shandon Par said:

What would you suggest as the best veggie sausage? Is there anything to beat a Quorn effort? 

Sainsbury's do some they call "shroomdogs" that, despite the shite name, are actually really good. The consistency is much closer to "proper" sausages than quorn ones. 

13 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Sainsbury's do some they call "shroomdogs" that, despite the shite name, are actually really good. The consistency is much closer to "proper" sausages than quorn ones. 

It's not especially convenient but the Tebay services do a very nice one. It's like a cross between a spring roll and a veggie sausage. On current trajectory Pars will be playing Gretna soon so good to keep in mind. 

woman in my team is covering as manager due to my manager and the usual cover manager being on holiday and she seems to think that gives her authority to change the whole set up of the team when in reality she's only there as a place holder as we all already know what we are meant to do.

Making an absolute dogs dinner of it just cause she can, hope my manager rips her to shreds when he's back.

woman in my team is covering as manager due to my manager and the usual cover manager being on holiday and she seems to think that gives her authority to change the whole set up of the team when in reality she's only there as a place holder as we all already know what we are meant to do.
Making an absolute dogs dinner of it just cause she can, hope my manager rips her to shreds when he's back.
At least shes outing herself as unsuitable for the role in future.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

At least shes outing herself as unsuitable for the role in future.

Making herself a certainty for promotion, imho.

15 hours ago, Unrepentant F.B. said:

Watching baseball on MLB channel and quite often see an advert for Burger King.

The impossible whopper 😒 , 100% plant based.

It'll hit these shores soon enough probably, think it not fully rolled out yet.

https://burgerlad.com/impossible-whopper-burger-king/

Edited by GordonD

7 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Guy at work has just dropped me a message on the internal version of MSN Messenger. The first line of the message pops up at the bottom of the screen and all I can see so far is him saying, "Hello chap". Nope. 

MSN Messenger? Have I woke up in 2007? :o 

29 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

MSN Messenger? Have I woke up in 2007? :o 

"Internal version of"

We had one at my previous work, much quicker and easier than sending emails for quick queries.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Guy at work has just dropped me a message on the internal version of MSN Messenger. The first line of the message pops up at the bottom of the screen and all I can see so far is him saying, "Hello chap". Nope. 

wonderbra-hello-boys.jpg

3 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

"Hello chapped on your house door while you were out this morning and your wife let me in. Thought I'd let you know."

23 hours ago, Unrepentant F.B. said:

Watching baseball on MLB channel and quite often see an advert for Burger King.

The impossible whopper 😒 , 100% plant based.

It'll hit these shores soon enough probably, think it not fully rolled out yet.

Rather have one of these:

Veggie burger.png

My office is right next to the reception in our site cabins. The woman on reception (wid not) had been moaning over the last month or so that she’d applied to be a site administrator and not a receptionist, stating she finds making cups of tea degrading (I’ve never seen her make a cup of tea for anyone other than herself).

She ended up going to the senior project manager regarding this, she thinks she’s got her way, as we’ve got an actual receptionist coming in and she’s getting to do some other job. However, word through the grapevine is she’s literally just given over the majority of her duties to this new woman and she’ll most likely get punted at the first opportunity.