Work colleagues

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of my colleagues is steadily shirking and passing more and more stuff on to me when he should do it himself.

Should I have it out with him directly or grass him up to our manager?

Pass something major on to him and if he asks why tell him you're too busy dealing with all the stuff he passed to you. When you come to again, grass him up to the manager.

Edited by welshbairn

One of my colleagues is steadily shirking and passing more and more stuff on to me when he should do it himself.

Just do a shit job of their work and he will soon stop giving you his work to do

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What would happen if you just didn't do the stuff he gave you?

13 minutes ago, nsr said:

What would happen if you just didn't do the stuff he gave you?

That isn't really possible, he asks me to pick up things for him that need doing right there and then.  If I can help someone out I'll always say yes but I think he's just being at best disorganised or, at worst, lazy.  A lot of people in my job want to spend their time doing stuff that they are interested in or want to do but we have to pick up all sorts of things.  I think there's an element of him not wanting to do these things so he holds off and then tries to hand them over when it's almost too late.

That isn't really possible, he asks me to pick up things for him that need doing right there and then.  If I can help someone out I'll always say yes but I think he's just being at best disorganised or, at worst, lazy.  A lot of people in my job want to spend their time doing stuff that they are interested in or want to do but we have to pick up all sorts of things.  I think there's an element of him not wanting to do these things so he holds off and then tries to hand them over when it's almost too late.

Apologise and say you’re too busy to do his stuff.
Unless you’re not busy, then be thankful he’s keeping you in work

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Apologise and say you’re too busy to do his stuff.
Unless you’re not busy, then be thankful he’s keeping you in work

This. He's just going to keep doing it if you keep accepting it.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Well then you have to refuse (say you are too busy with your own stuff) and let him get into shit when he doesn't do what needs done in time. Its his problem if it doesn't get done, not yours. As nsr says, if you keep accepting it then he'll simply keep doing it.

A colleague frequently (maybe twice a day) tops up her perfume. It’s my particularly awful but always catches the back of my throat. I try not to cough but I just don’t understand why she’s topping up her perfume anyway - she doesn’t smoke or that.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

A colleague frequently (maybe twice a day) tops up her perfume. It’s my particularly awful but always catches the back of my throat. I try not to cough but I just don’t understand why she’s topping up her perfume anyway - she doesn’t smoke or that.

Flatulence Disguising by DKNY

On 22/11/2017 at 17:23, The Moonster said:

We normally have a "forced fun" type Christmas party in the work. They would get us in, give you a silly hat, put you into teams and have games like musical chairs or quizzes (and supply free drink*) but less and less folk have been turning up and this year they binned it.  Instead they've reverted to a more traditional Christmas party in just booking a pub somewhere local and getting a meal on a Friday afternoon.  Total result, I think, no more looking like a fud in silly tinsel or silly hats, no more kidding on you care about a game of pass the parcel just so you can tank into the free bevy - just a straight forward Christmas work colleague piss up. 

Well, I was wrong. One of the lassies have just called us all round to their computer..."we're going to order these Christmas glasses for everyone for next Friday, can you come and pick the ones you want?". I'm not quite sure what the f**k she's on about, we're going to a pub, why would I need my own glass? No. She's taking about a pair of glasses that are caked in glitter with a stupid Christmas tree hanging off one of the eyes and a poorly designed Christmas pudding that looks like a shite with snow on top hanging off the other.  What's wrong with these c***s? Is there a rule that says you need to look like a fucking dick to take part in Christmas? Get it to f**k.

*free bevy sounds amazing but the sad fact was the Stella they were handing out had been lying in a cupboard somewhere for f**k knows how many years and most of it was out of date. That left you with the choice of Strongbow or a can of juice. Pish choices.

These are the once a year drinkers that don't know how to behave in pubs.

They get their references from TV and think everything is fancy dress or themed. Can't go to the pub without there being a reason arseholes.

Fortunately they are normally blazing and away home before 7 and let others relax and have a drink in peace.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Not exactly the same - and not even a colleague either - but I was at Glasgow Airport waiting to go through security. The muppet in front of me in the queue had forgotten that he couldn't take his can of Lynx through. So he decided to spray the FULL FECKING CAN all over himself. I could literally taste it. What an utter balloon.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:05, DA Baracus said:

I'm a pedant. 

Anyway, agree about your point. Also these folk tend to have their screensaver and/or background as their kid(s), like it's some special thing that they've bred and we should not only care, but almost congratulate them on it.

Surely everybody who has children goes on about them? It's a natural thing to do. I just smile and nod along, knowing they'll be as interested in my (step) children as I am in theirs.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:32, G_Man1985 said:

Whats the issue with this ?
Being ready for Xmas ? What's yer plans for Xmas?
For me and the wife we are more or less finished Xmas shopping. However no doubt you will get the people who leave it to last minute.
Each to there own :-)

You did that just to annoy DA, didn't you?

I'm a pedant. 
Anyway, agree about your point. Also these folk tend to have their screensaver and/or background as their kid(s), like it's some special thing that they've bred and we should not only care, but almost congratulate them on it.

Maybe it’s because my wife and I are expecting a baby next year but I like speaking to my colleagues about their kids. It’s something they obviously care a lot about rather than having perfunctory chats about football or work or TV. Speaking to a colleague about their children takes them out of the work environment and allows you to see a different side.