Work colleagues

Boy I work with (I work with a lot of people but two of us do my job at my given time) had a major meltdown thiss morning over basically being asked to do his job. A task that is reasonably routine in nature was branded FUCKING INSANE and about 30 mins of serious childlike ranting and petulance ensued.

I am senior to him and could have easily killed it stone dead there and then, but because our supervisor lets him away with this shite all the time, I simply sat back and let the carnage fly until the gaffer mollycoddled the auld w**k back down off the ceiling.

Embarrassing stuff, and will no dount be hearing his pissy rantings about it all day, but I go home tomorrow so it was worth it just to watch a grown man humiliate himself.

From experience it seems like people who moan and cant do the job seem have have an easier time of it then the hard workers who basically carry them.
Its rubbish and encourages laziness.
Who are the mugs though it's not worth putting the effort in.

What was he asked to do?
It would mean nothing to you unless you happen to work in the same field as me (hydrocarbon process operations), but the general skillset required would be to actually watch his screens rather than facebook for half an hour.

The request that was made is bang in line with our job description and even if it had went wrong would be no more than half an hours graft to resolve. The meltdown was fucking spectacular. If the same request had been made of literally anyone that does our job it would have been met with "aye nae bother, crack on." Boys a disgrace.

Due to my son not being well I had to hand over some work at short notice to a colleague, who constantly slopey shoulders work to others. He was all passive aggressive it and has now handed it to someone else as he had a much lower priority issue to work on and now has to go for a blood test. He’s a waster.

I'm not quite as far as you but I now have a black coffee first thing in the morning and then water the rest of the day. Used to be several coffees and a diet coke throughout the working day. Given up all fizzy drinks (other than a Saturday beer).
How did you manage to give up fizzy drinks? I've been trying but I keep getting huge caffeine and sugar cravings.

How did you manage to give up fizzy drinks? I've been trying but I keep getting huge caffeine and sugar cravings.

I wish I could share some secret. I just stopped and had to put up with a few weeks of slight cravings but after that didn’t really miss it.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I wish I could share some secret. I just stopped and had to put up with a few weeks of slight cravings but after that didn’t really miss it.

Do you want some Tizer?  First hit free.

11 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
On 04/07/2019 at 13:24, Dons_1988 said:
I'm not quite as far as you but I now have a black coffee first thing in the morning and then water the rest of the day. Used to be several coffees and a diet coke throughout the working day. Given up all fizzy drinks (other than a Saturday beer).

He found an ideal substitute - these tubes of tobacco that you light and inhale the smoke.

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Do you still get Tizer?  Haven't seen it for a while.

Used to love a Tizer.

At least you won't suffer the same fate as the dyslexic who choked to death on his own Vimto.