Work colleagues

On 09/07/2019 at 10:48, ICTChris said:

I don't think it's acceptable to eat arseholes at your desk.  I know we all have to be open minded now but that's a step too far.

Most folk save those kind of shenanigans for the Christmas party, surely.

On 11/07/2019 at 17:02, MixuFixit said:

I have somehow ended up getting regularly bugged by someone at work

Misread that and was going to tell you you should probably speak to HR about that. Surely there's rules against that sort of stuf these days.

34 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Two younger lads at my work (18 and 23ish) have started going to the sunbeds during their 30 min dinner break. I despair.

^^^ works at Indigo Sun

Unless "going to the sunbeds" is a euphemism, in which case, jealousy isn't a good look. Your day, too, will come.

Witnessed someone microwave the water for their tea today, we have a perfectly functioning kettle in the office.
There is some phenomenon with that where you can open the door and the wster looks ok, then you go to move it and it bursts into steam and scalds you.

So there is hope.

36 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Witnessed someone microwave the water for their tea today, we have a perfectly functioning kettle in the office.

What do they know that you don't?

Spoiler

They've been pishing in it, m9  :o

44 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've never done it for tea, but I have for coffee. It kinda makes the coffee / milk frothy when you add it. I call it a Council Cappuccino. 

I go home for my lunch now as I live just 5 minutes away.  Used to sit in the kitchen bit here with my old team but they would literally sit and chat about work and nothing else.  Not even stuff that's relevant to them but about an email that somebody sent to the whole department about us needing a new first aider etc.

Now I go home and have peace and quiet for 45 minutes and it is utter bliss.

36 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I go home for my lunch now as I live just 5 minutes away.  Used to sit in the kitchen bit here with my old team but they would literally sit and chat about work and nothing else.  Not even stuff that's relevant to them but about an email that somebody sent to the whole department about us needing a new first aider etc.

I tend to miss work nights out for this very reason, the only conversation there seems to be is work related, and as you say it won't even be things that are relevant. 

40 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I tend to miss work nights out for this very reason, the only conversation there seems to be is work related, and as you say it won't even be things that are relevant. 

Work nights out I can cope with as it tends to end up with the guys chatting football at one end and the women chatting about work/love island/tampons (I guess).

22 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

Lassie came up to me at work yesterday and asked "if there's no paper in the printer, do I just put more in?"

Tell her to put a blank sheet of paper in the photocopier and scan it if she needs more blank paper. 

2 hours ago, Tamdunk said:

Lassie came up to me at work yesterday and asked "if there's no paper in the printer, do I just put more in?"

Seems fair enough - maybe she was worried about stepping on the printer paper replenishment officer's toes

4 hours ago, Tamdunk said:

...or is there something else I need to do as well, like press a reset button or something like that? Do I have to switch it off first before I start fiddling around?