Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
It's 8.23 in the morning and the office dickhead , Gareth Keenan I call him, has already worked me into a shoot.

What does shoot mean?

It's a wrestling term for when wrestlers are out of character and basically slagging off someone else in the biz.  

32 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Article on the BBC news site about eating at your desk...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47494518

When I had a week working in Italy everyone there went and had a full hour in the canteen with their colleagues, eating a proper sit down meal of decent food.  In our offices in the UK everyone eats at their desk, generally a load of shite.  I try to take my lunch in from home but I eat it while working as I usually go to the gym at lunchtime.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think it's acceptable to eat arseholes at your desk.  I know we all have to be open minded now but that's a step too far.

I think he meant rissoles but the spell-checker got in the way.

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanks. Can you point me to the place I can claim that 5 minutes back now?

It took you a full five minutes to read it? Did your lips get tired?

I eat at my desk quite often as I can't suffer the same folk with the same shite patter every day.

I’m the same, I make my own lunch, eat it at my desk then go for a half an hour walk to clear the head.

f**k wasting my lunch making small talk with colleagues.

When I had a week working in Italy everyone there went and had a full hour in the canteen with their colleagues, eating a proper sit down meal of decent food.  In our offices in the UK everyone eats at their desk, generally a load of shite.  I try to take my lunch in from home but I eat it while working as I usually go to the gym at lunchtime.
Complicated business eating in a staff restaurant in Italy, lots of choice, lots of courses, not wanting to get it all wrong, coffee bar after eating, not being able to speak a word.

Guest bernardblack

I’m the same, I make my own lunch, eat it at my desk then go for a half an hour walk to clear the head.

f**k wasting my lunch making small talk with colleagues.

This. Lunch with colleagues just means more work chat. That hour is mine and I refuse to discuss work during it

Woman in my team at work thinks she runs the place and takes every opportunity to tell people what they should be doing for the day (we all already know our jobs) 

my actual manager has gone on holiday so I can tell she's gonna get an absolute power boner and start kicking off.

I haven't even started my shift yet and i'm getting told what i'm due to do today.

and before you all ask, not a wid.

Woman in my team at work thinks she runs the place and takes every opportunity to tell people what they should be doing for the day (we all already know our jobs) 
my actual manager has gone on holiday so I can tell she's gonna get an absolute power boner and start kicking off.
I haven't even started my shift yet and i'm getting told what i'm due to do today.
Have you tried telling her to GTF?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Have you tried telling her to GTF?

Yeah in a very polite way. I'm close to boot in the pie territory now though.