Work colleagues

Guest Moomintroll
Yeah, trying to stay alert and awake by drinking something that makes your heart feel fluttery isnt clever. The stuff puts me right on wdge with jangly nerves etc. Can think of no scenario short of maybe being dangerously close to sleeping at the wheel where I would want to feel like that.
After the first few years of phree profits, they have not rung true with me. People do not seem to realise or care that they are equally as dangerous as the tabs or the booze are & acknowledge the risks when you freely use them. It is going to be an utter clusterfuck in 10 or so years time with the heart disease brought on by these drinks. Every heart has only a finite amount of beats.

What smell do you think vaping has on clothes? 

Was thinking that. Vaping is practically odourless. I can have a sneaky vape In the house and the Mrs is none the wiser. If I had a fag she’d have the windows open for a week.

After the first few years of phree profits, they have not rung true with me. People do not seem to realise or care that they are equally as dangerous as the tabs or the booze are & acknowledge the risks when you freely use them. It is going to be an utter clusterfuck in 10 or so years time with the heart disease brought on by these drinks. Every heart has only a finite amount of beats.

I don’t drink energy drinks myself but to say they are ‘equally dangerous as the tabs or booze’ is patently false.

They’ve also been around for a lot longer than a decade. When I worked nightshift 15 years ago several of my colleagues were necking up to 3 a night.

54 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've stopped all caffeine for about a month now and feel like it has finally worked its way out of my system. I just wake up now and don't stagger about like a hibernating bear in the morning, I don't get that jangly feeling, my digestion is better, I used to get a racing mind when trying to sleep and that's totally gone. Craving tea or coffee is totally gone and I just have water or a herbal tea through the day now.

Other than the odd treat I can't see myself drinking anything with caffeine now, don't miss it at all. There's no doubt drinking that stuff all the time must do some damage.

I'm not quite as far as you but I now have a black coffee first thing in the morning and then water the rest of the day. Used to be several coffees and a diet coke throughout the working day. Given up all fizzy drinks (other than a Saturday beer).

Guest Moomintroll

I don’t drink energy drinks myself but to say they are ‘equally dangerous as the tabs or booze’ is patently false.

They’ve also been around for a lot longer than a decade. When I worked nightshift 15 years ago several of my colleagues were necking up to 3 a night.
Lex, I have worked in FMCG Wholesale for 30 years, I know when Red Bull was launched & I had a major hand in launching Euroshopper Energy Drink in Scotland due to my job at the time. I am looking at kids who have been zooming about for the last 10 years with their hearts going at 120 bpm & thinking about how bad their heart health will be when they hit 30. It is a ticking timebomb but unlike fags & booze, no one outwith the medical professionals are taking it seriously. Do me a favour, go out one night and drink nothing but vodka & red bull, go home & at 3 o clock that night listen to how fast your heart is going. Now imagine doing that to yourself pretty much every day when you were a teenager, does that seem healthy to you?

Lex, I have worked in FMCG Wholesale for 30 years, I know when Red Bull was launched & I had a major hand in launching Euroshopper Energy Drink in Scotland due to my job at the time. I am looking at kids who have been zooming about for the last 10 years with their hearts going at 120 bpm & thinking about how bad their heart health will be when they hit 30. It is a ticking timebomb but unlike fags & booze, no one outwith the medical professionals are taking it seriously. Do me a favour, go out one night and drink nothing but vodka & red bull, go home & at 3 o clock that night listen to how fast your heart is going. Now imagine doing that to yourself pretty much every day when you were a teenager, does that seem healthy to you?

I’m not saying they’re good for you, far from it.

They certainly are nowhere near as bad for you as cigarettes and alcohol though. Which are two of the biggest causes of deaths in this country and have been for decades.

Guest Moomintroll

I’m not saying they’re good for you, far from it.

They certainly are nowhere near as bad for you as cigarettes and alcohol though. Which are two of the biggest causes of deaths in this country and have been for decades.
I get that Lex & I agree with what you are saying about them, but how long did it take the majority of people to realise how bad they are for you? We are at that Sophomore stage with energy drinks right now & people need to wake up (forgive the pun) before a couple of generations start dropping dead early due to diseases related to cardiac over exertion. 100 -120+ bpm is not a healthy resting heart rate but people mainlining energy drinks are showing these sort of figures.

Guest Moomintroll
 "Sophomore stage"

wut.gif&key=18e5a049f744035d1f63713eac182a6e151a4beabe320c2a19194461f13702ce

Get. Tae. Fuckity.

Naw you get tae fuckity. Not one of my finest moments I have to admit but can't be bothered going back to edit it, please accept this as my admission of wankiness.

25 minutes ago, Unrepentant F.B. said:

"Sophomore stage"

wut.gif

Get. Tae. Fuckity.

Leave him alone buddy he can use whatever terminology he wants.

Moomintroll - LVU

I've stopped all caffeine for about a month now and feel like it has finally worked its way out of my system. I just wake up now and don't stagger about like a hibernating bear in the morning, I don't get that jangly feeling, my digestion is better, I used to get a racing mind when trying to sleep and that's totally gone. Craving tea or coffee is totally gone and I just have water or a herbal tea through the day now.

Other than the odd treat I can't see myself drinking anything with caffeine now, don't miss it at all. There's no doubt drinking that stuff all the time must do some damage.

Well done! Did you have much in the way of withdrawal, sore heads etc? I feel I’m addicted!

"energy" drinks are utter toilet. Quite often see massive fatties slurping them down, which as much as it's revolting, it's ironically hilarious.

Honestly though, fizzy drinks before lunch is the sign of a fatty fatty fat fat fatty.

5 hours ago, Lex said:

Correct. When I was working in Cookstown 17 years ago the boss was drinking Red Bull constantly. As well as smoking 40 + cigarettes a day.