Work colleagues

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

tell him to read through the all day breakfast option on the menu next time he's out at a cafe, im pretty sure they always have the exact times during which they'll serve an all day brekkie on there somewhere (which as you say can still be late into the afternoon)

a wee cafe near me will serve it anytime during opening hours but adds a £1 supplement after a certain time i think

"All day" is a bit of a fucking clue m8. Unless I'm being whooshed. :unsure2:

Edited by welshbairn

Guest bernardblack

The amount of people in my office that will crack a fizzy juice and a bag of crisps before 9am is flabbergasting.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

"All day" is a bit of a fucking clue m8. Unless I'm being whooshed. :unsure2:

H... ha. Yeah. Got you.

(had to do a quick google search for the sake of my own sanity - I think I'm mixing up the menus of two nearby cafes, one that advertises all day breakfasts but looks like it doesn't have a time restriction and another that I can't find a menu for but definitely charges a supplement for a full fry up past a certain time)

The amount of people in my office that will crack a fizzy juice and a bag of crisps before 9am is flabbergasting.

I got into the office of a fairly large bank in London early one morning (legitimately) with my pret porridge and the guy a couple of desks up was enjoying a can of red bull and a packet of pickled onion monster munch.

I work with a bunch of folk that regularly drink cans of Monster at ~8 in the morning. Awful stuff.
This reminds me when I worked in a call centre and the place was awash with folk that had cans of monster lined up on their desk. Absolutely the last thing someone sitting at a desk and probably having 2 lunches a day needs. Even more remarkable is it seemed to be generally believed that you needed to down this stuff if you were chasing sales or looking to burst your targets!

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that nobody will deny Monster Munch + Red Bull is not a healthy breakfast, but sauntering in a with a "pret porridge" makes you sound like an insufferable arsehole and I for one would much rather hang about with the crisps + energy drink guy. 
I may be getting whooshed here, in which case, carry on.
Edit: WTF even is a pret porridge?
When working on site and staying in a hotel a porridge is a fairly decent choice. It was also right outside the office.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I would be taking a critical look at the output of anyone who takes energy drinks in work. If you need them it's a probable sign of underlying issues. Then I'd sack them and the smokers...for a start.

first,sergeant Wilson came for smokers........

Edited by highlandcowden

This reminds me when I worked in a call centre and the place was awash with folk that had cans of monster lined up on their desk. Absolutely the last thing someone sitting at a desk and probably having 2 lunches a day needs. Even more remarkable is it seemed to be generally believed that you needed to down this stuff if you were chasing sales or looking to burst your targets!

Someone in my office was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack.

Turned out he’d drank about 6 cans of monster a day and had absolutely fucked himself.

I used to be borderline addicted to energy drinks at one point.

2 cans of Monster at work and then 2 Red Bulls at home(one either side of going to the gym), I genuinely forgot what doing a solid shite was like during that time.

I used to indulge in a lot of red bull when I first entered the world of full time work and didn't yet like coffee.
Probably haven't had one in about 10 years now and no intention of it, vile stuff.
I could still just about manage red bull if mixed with Jager as I quite liked the taste of that. Red Bull on its own, like at work or something...... Hell fucking no.

Guest Moomintroll

I work in food & drink wholesale and the proliferation of energy drinks has made me uncomfortable for the last 15 years. The space to sales that we allocate has been growing steadily for a long time. These drinks artificially accelerate your heart rhythm which is not a good thing. At some point in the (possibly near) future, we are going to witness a lot of people dying young because of heart defects related to these drinks. I have worked for 30 years in an industry dominated by tobacco & alcohol but these products scare me more than anything else I sell.

I work in food & drink wholesale and the proliferation of energy drinks has made me uncomfortable for the last 15 years. The space to sales that we allocate has been growing steadily for a long time. These drinks artificially accelerate your heart rhythm which is not a good thing. At some point in the (possibly near) future, we are going to witness a lot of people dying young because of heart defects related to these drinks. I have worked for 30 years in an industry dominated by tobacco & alcohol but these products scare me more than anything else I sell.
Yeah, trying to stay alert and awake by drinking something that makes your heart feel fluttery isnt clever. The stuff puts me right on wdge with jangly nerves etc. Can think of no scenario short of maybe being dangerously close to sleeping at the wheel where I would want to feel like that.