Work colleagues

I was visiting an office recently and they had Forth 2 on. I was stuck in there all day listening to that music Woolworths sold in a 99p bin, adverts for funeral tea venues and bloody multiple choice quizzes.

You can't possibly as a visitor say for the love of Christ will you turn that shite off. So on and on it went. Awful.

I don't mind radio 2 or 6 music. Radio X always irritates me. The music they play seems to be exclusively radio-friendly Indy from about 10-15 years ago. Just always seems like a really odd but specific type of music that was shite at the time and hasn't improved since. Who are the people who are going 'you know who were brilliant? Hard-fi?' The DJs all seem like p***ks as well. Better than listening to shite like Nick Grimshaw but not exactly great either.

Think yourselves lucky that you don't share an office with people who think Boogie in the Morning is hilarious/even remotely acceptable listening, before switching to Heart for the rest of the day.

Boogie in the morning is Fucking brutal. "We'll play this song in just a second". Cue more pish chat and then some adverts.

Boogie in the morning is Fucking brutal. "We'll play this song in just a second". Cue more pish chat and then some adverts.

The worst part is, Boogie and his shit chat is still preferable listening compared to hearing the latest offering from Pink/Taylor Swift/Little Mix 3 or 4 times a day on Heart.

I don't mind radio 2 or 6 music. Radio X always irritates me. The music they play seems to be exclusively radio-friendly Indy from about 10-15 years ago. Just always seems like a really odd but specific type of music that was shite at the time and hasn't improved since. Who are the people who are going 'you know who were brilliant? Hard-fi?' The DJs all seem like p***ks as well. Better than listening to shite like Nick Grimshaw but not exactly great either.

Apparently Xfm Scotland, when sold to Radio X closed as in order to have a license for a separate country you need to have a certain percentage of programming made in that area. Radio X felt that no matter what the could produce in Scotland, having Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughn and the like was preferable. I'm not saying Xfm was good, but the alternative from Radio X made me stop listening altogether. Having just looked at their list of presenters and seen Gordon smart and Russell brand listed, I know I made the right choice.

2 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

How do you know if some of your work colleagues ran a 10k yesterday?

They discuss it at length on Monday morning.

Our whole company received an email from a colleague who ran the 10k. Complete with picture, with the medal in full view, as you do.

• 4 weeks later...

This guy who’s just started at work is doing my head in.
He’s such a lazy sack of shit.

I moved to a different job in the company and he took my old job so I trained him.
He thought training means I do the work and he goes on his phone but now he’s on his own and knows f**k all so needs to get me to do stuff.
He’ll get me to do it like a mug then he’ll take the credit, or say something like I got Cerberus to do that like he’s my boss.

He walks about 75% slower than I do as well so I either walk at his toddler speed and take ages to get there or walk like a human and arrive at the place about 5 minutes before him.

He’s always got some lecture to give me about getting cancer from drinking diet juice or the fumes from putting my car window down.

I hate him.
I’m going to go full Lee Wallace and grass him up in the hope he gets sacked and loses his work visa.

Just me in the office today. Boss was in for about an hour, staring galikitly at his computer, then left. His wife was here for a couple of hours chasing up invoices, she's now fucked off. My other colleague isn't here as apparently a friend of his got hit by a train and killed last night :o, so it's just me (and the lassies that answer the phones from a different office)

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:43, mizfit said:

I hate our IT department, who've managed to accidentally revoke my access to everything when changing department, and can't figure out how to fix 2 of the main things I need.

What's the other one?