Work colleagues

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We got told last week that ‘someone has reported’ that we are all taking too long at lunch breaks. 

It’s always the same line. Management will walk past or notice someone doing something wrong and rather than dealing with that person we all get talked to like little kids. Some morons actually believe that someone is actually grassing up people even after the same scenario has played out over before. Someone has noticed phone usage. Someone has noticed internet browsing.

The end result is that everyone is pissed off and slows down their work and distrusts each other. It’s a completely stupid way to deal with it and leads to a toxic atmosphere. Grow a pair of balls and deal with the one person or if it’s nobody be honest and tell us we need to work harder.

I find that places where people act the most professional is where there’s hardly any supervision. Stripping away perks one by one and expecting people to work harder. Naw, just naw.

The exact same thing happened last week in my office, but with dress code instead of timekeeping .

We all know who dresses like a jake, take him aside and speak to him like the manager you're supposed to be, instead of sending out a blanket email like an utter fucking pussy.

13 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Purchased a Donald Trump chocolate bar in LAX last year as a gift . I can confirm it tasted brutal. 

That's odd. I purchased a laxative chocolate bar in Trumpton.

On 6/6/2019 at 01:55, GordonD said:

<points and mocks> He doesn't know what Scrum means!

I, er, will leave it to somebody else to explain. :whistle

I didn't know either, so looked it up. According to Wikipedia:

"Scrum is part of the Agile movement. Agile is a response to the failure of the dominant software development project management paradigms (including waterfall) and borrows many principles from lean manufacturing."

So now you know. Or not.

Basically it's a way of managing software projects that tries to minimise the amount of time spent in meetings by instead.....having lots of *different* meetings.

It can work as long as the client doesn't take the pish, which they invariably do.

20 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Purchased a Donald Trump chocolate bar in LAX last year as a gift . I can confirm it tasted brutal. 

His "Premium" Vodka is one of the worst things I have ever tasted in my life, and I used to regularly have the pies at Tannadice.

My other half works in a care home and today all staff were told "do not talk to any reporters"
This came as a shock as no one seems to know why repo6would be trying to speak to them.

I said f**k it, if anyone asks you anything throw the management under the bus

Fairly common practice isn’t it? Ok a random meeting seems suspect but media handling policy’s pretty much all boil down to ‘talk to nae c**t and tell your boss if somebody turns up asking questions’

43 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I didn't know either, so looked it up. According to Wikipedia:

"Scrum is part of the Agile movement. Agile is a response to the failure of the dominant software development project management paradigms (including waterfall) and borrows many principles from lean manufacturing."

So now you know. Or not.

If there's three words that will bring in my narcolepsy it's Agile...

The exact same thing happened last week in my office, but with dress code instead of timekeeping .
We all know who dresses like a jake, take him aside and speak to him like the manager you're supposed to be, instead of sending out a blanket email like an utter fucking pussy.

My work has a casual dress code. For most this is a polo top / T-Shirt & Jeans with trainers or shoes.

There is one guy who rocks up in jogger shorts and football tops almost everyday and it fucking annoys me.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit worrying that you know this.

It was one of the tabs she'd left up when I went onto it to do some work*.  This same girl also asked me the other week if Tesco is a supermaket.

*Skive

Edited by Highland Capital

10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

It was one of the tabs she'd left up when I went onto it to do some work*.  This same girl also asked me the other week if Tesco is a supermaket.

*Skive

:lol:

This reminded me of my wife's stupid friend who a couple of years ago in some weird attempt to appear PC referred to her local shop as the "ethnic minorities shop".

Woman near me is talking/moaning about how much of a waster and a bum the father of her daughter is, I really want to tell her she shouldn't have let some useless tosser blow his beans up her muff! 

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Interestingly it brings out religious fervour in those who do like it. Those are the guys who dismiss Agile problems by saying nonsense such as "You're just not using it properly".

^ This. We call them scrumdamentalists.