Work colleagues

On 18/01/2023 at 15:54, velo army said:

I mostly work in the community by myself (support worker) but I like to go into the office to have feel a wee bit of esprit de corps. The management lassies in the office have saw fit to bring their dogs in. These mutts are not very well trained (I wear a lumie yellow cycling jacket which triggers a fuckton of barking from a spaniel called "bubble") but their owners are the classic modern dog owners who reckon that a'body else should bear the brunt of their dog's behaviour.

Frankly if you have a full time job you shouldn't have a dog. Or if you do and simply have to bring it in to work, then train it so that it doesn't bark at folk. Absolute madness. There have been as many as 4 dogs in the office. Wild.

That's ridiculous

On 18/01/2023 at 21:53, Sergeant Wilson said:

A Security Guard, Police  Officer or a Farmer might have reason to have a dog at work. Blind people could have a concession but the rest can forget it. It's bad enough on Teams with clowns showing you their stupid fucking pets, without bringing in to a workplace. They should be made to tie them to a fence outside.

Like in the wild west.

50 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I don’t mind dogs per se but annoys me how some people have to bring them fucking everywhere. f**k having dogs in work. If you want to have a dog then you should pay for them to be walked or go somewhere during the day much like people who have kids do. People in my office asking to work from home so they can look after their dog is a nonsense. 

whilst I am on my high horse, I also don’t understand people who bring their dogs to hotels.

Bringing a dog to work is bad enough.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I don’t mind dogs per se but annoys me how some people have to bring them fucking everywhere. f**k having dogs in work. If you want to have a dog then you should pay for them to be walked or go somewhere during the day much like people who have kids do. People in my office asking to work from home so they can look after their dog is a nonsense. 

whilst I am on my high horse, I also don’t understand people who bring their dogs to hotels.

Can you bring your high horse to work?

We had a conversation about dogs yesterday where someone mentioned that they'd seen a dog wearing shoes to protect their paws on the cold ground at this time of year. A woman said that some people go a bit over the top when it comes to pets. Just before Christmas, she wore a jumper with a pic of her dog on it to work. I was pissing myself laughing at her double standards and she (genuinely) didn't realise.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Hope you don't take it to work with you.

Eta didn't see Jacksgrandas post.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

6 hours ago, Aufc said:

The explosion in people getting fake certificates for their dogs and putting stupid little vests on them and pretending they are trained support animals is infuriating. The good news is, since it’s ‘Murica, someone will get bitten by one of these fake service animals, sue the living crap out of the owner and whomever is creating these fake certificates, and slow this s**t down.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The explosion in people getting fake certificates for their dogs and putting stupid little vests on them and pretending they are trained support animals is infuriating. The good news is, since it’s ‘Murica, someone will get bitten by one of these fake service animals, sue the living crap out of the owner and whomever is creating these fake certificates, and slow this s**t down.

This dog has it's own 'emotional support rat'.....................I shit you not.................

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

This dog has it's own 'emotional support rat'.....................I shit you not.................

4 foot Boa found hidden in carry-on, described as emotional support snake.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/boa-constrictor-carry-on-baggage-tsa-tampa/index.html

Hoping it can meet the above dog while it’s being groomed!

6 hours ago, Aufc said:

I find it mental tbh. Imagine a bunch of wee kids sitting in the corner at the office. When we went back to the office there was someone actually left because she’d bought a dog in lockdown and now had to go into the office two days a week. 

I don’t mind dogs either but they also shouldn’t be in a restaurant. Was in Stravaigin in Glasgow recently and there were a few dogs in, found it very weird tbh. Dog owners are very entitled generally.

17 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I find it mental tbh. Imagine a bunch of wee kids sitting in the corner at the office. When we went back to the office there was someone actually left because she’d bought a dog in lockdown and now had to go into the office two days a week. 

I don’t mind dogs either but they also shouldn’t be in a restaurant. Was in Stravaigin in Glasgow recently and there were a few dogs in, found it very weird tbh. Dog owners are very entitled generally.

And ubiquitous, unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, microdave said:

We had a conversation about dogs yesterday where someone mentioned that they'd seen a dog wearing shoes to protect their paws on the cold ground at this time of year. A woman said that some people go a bit over the top when it comes to pets. Just before Christmas, she wore a jumper with a pic of her dog on it to work. I was pissing myself laughing at her double standards and she (genuinely) didn't realise.

It could be that the dog has a neurological condition which cause it not to lift its feet properly (pugs are bad for this) and the shoes are on so that it doesn’t tear up its feet.

18 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Why not?  It's not like they're in your room.  

My wife and kids are allergic to them. Plus they bark and a lot of them stink. It’s fine if hotels have dedicated floors for people with dogs but a lot of hotels don’t seperate out so it causes issues relating to the first point 

I love my kids dearly but any chance to get a child free night away is glorious. Don’t know why people don’t do the same with dogs

My wife was going a bit mad with one this morning, but I appreciate the effort. 

The internet was down in her office most of the morning. 12 pm comes and goes, no internet. No work getting done. The wife breaks out her packed lunch and gets stuck in. Her office mate turns to her and says "Not me. I'll take my lunch when the internet is back up."

giphy.gif

Just now, scottsdad said:

The internet was down in her office most of the morning. 12 pm comes and goes, no internet. No work getting done. The wife breaks out her packed lunch and gets stuck in. Her office mate turns to her and says "Not me. I'll take my lunch when the internet is back up."

giphy.gif

Is The Prof working with your missus now ?

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

giphy.gif

I didn't know you wife also worked for the government. 

On 21/01/2023 at 16:36, MONKMAN said:

Why not?  It's not like they're in your room.  

I was at a travelodge that started allowing dogs. There's a bin just outside the front door that  stinks of dogshit. So it smells of shit on the way in and on the way out. Travelodge feels budget enough without adding the stink of dogshit into the mix.