Work colleagues

Ach, ours is in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to it more than previous work nights out tbh, has been a rough year and need to try to find stuff to enjoy as much as possible, although I think I might be meant to be in work the morning after so will have to be conscious and pace myself.

edit: in theory I may even be easier taking the car up but that means no drink whatsoever which sounds kinda shite, but it makes life a bit smoother at the end of the night. Can figure it out a bit more nearer the time, there's a place I can crash easilly enough if need be.

Have been a bit Mark Corrigan @ Rainbow Rythms before on these kind of events through the years ("if I'm going to look relaxed it's going to take every last ounce of my concentration, focus and skill"), but this time around it helps that I legit like the place + the people, especially in comparison to the last place I worked.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Official work Christmas night out can get to f**k. Unofficial work Christmas night is usually fucking excellent.

100% this. Folk stayed away in droves from the official one this year, which for some reason was actually held the Friday before last due to one of the bosses having the bright idea that they could maximise attendance by not having it in December so there would be less chance of people saying they couldn't afford it.

Over the last few years the official one has had any fun progressively sooked out of by management trying to turn it into a stage-managed opportunity to talk about work, and there now seems to be a general consensus not to donate a minute of our own time or a penny of our own money on it. As an alternative, most folk have just organised informal section ones which promise to be a fucksight more fun.

My old work used to have an all expenses paid do every year. The vast majority of the guys I worked with were sound so had some great nights getting absolutely smashed for free.

The shift work in my current job doesn't really allow for us to organise anything en masse, so a few of us who are on our rest days this weekend are heading to the union agm on Sunday then heading out for a good tank at it afterwards. Looking forward to it.

Edited by 'WellDel

Ours is on Friday. Not going as getting in/out via public transport is too much of a pain in the arse and I need to be up early on Saturday. I could drive in and not drink, but that would most probably be rubbish once people have had a few. 

A shame as it sounds good. Maybe next year. 

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

I plan on getting smashed, making a c**t of myself and then spending the following weeks trying to work out who I've offended but are too polite to mention it.

A Go-Pro would help…at least help HR prosecute…

I don't think ma work have one. We were just given £50.
A few chat's about an "unofficial" one have led to nothing yet. Lucky for me I suppose as I am a ticking time bomb (to completely cúnt it) about twice a year.

I started with new company mid summer. Quickly asked what happens at Christmas and found out last year the bosses took the scrap and went on a night out where none of the site boys were invited. Scrap was at that point quickly never returned to workshop which has led to a few underhand wee scroaters doing investigations but the customers are brand new once explained to them and they just tell bosses they kept it themselves.

Scrap kitty currently sits at £650(ish) for the four Dundee boys.

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I started with new company mid summer. Quickly asked what happens at Christmas and found out last year the bosses took the scrap and went on a night out where none of the site boys were invited. 

That's the tightest most miserable thing I've heard, what a bunch of c***s.

• 1 month later...

I mostly work in the community by myself (support worker) but I like to go into the office to have feel a wee bit of esprit de corps. The management lassies in the office have saw fit to bring their dogs in. These mutts are not very well trained (I wear a lumie yellow cycling jacket which triggers a fuckton of barking from a spaniel called "bubble") but their owners are the classic modern dog owners who reckon that a'body else should bear the brunt of their dog's behaviour.

Frankly if you have a full time job you shouldn't have a dog. Or if you do and simply have to bring it in to work, then train it so that it doesn't bark at folk. Absolute madness. There have been as many as 4 dogs in the office. Wild.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Sounds fucking brilliant tbh. Chuck the humans, keep the dugs.

Mon the dugs.

Och honestly I enjoy dogs, but not untrained barking dogs in a fucking office. Being leapt upon by a hyper dug when I've just popped in to write up some notes. Rubbish.

One of them is a french bulldog. One is a lab which is great fun, but isn't trained enough not to bark whenever someone comes into the office. 

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Och honestly I enjoy dogs, but not untrained barking dogs in a fucking office. Being leapt upon by a hyper dug when I've just popped in to write up some notes. Rubbish.

One of them is a french bulldog. One is a lab which is great fun, but isn't trained enough not to bark whenever someone comes into the office. 

Shug would be a great office dog, he doesn't bark but makes everyone feel loved and want to be their pal.

We were at a nice restaurant just before Christmas and this posh old woman came in with her scrawny mutt, then her husband arrived with a second one. I'm not a fan of dogs in restaurants.

Edited by Madame RH33

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I mostly work in the community by myself (support worker) but I like to go into the office to have feel a wee bit of esprit de corps. The management lassies in the office have saw fit to bring their dogs in. These mutts are not very well trained (I wear a lumie yellow cycling jacket which triggers a fuckton of barking from a spaniel called "bubble") but their owners are the classic modern dog owners who reckon that a'body else should bear the brunt of their dog's behaviour.

Frankly if you have a full time job you shouldn't have a dog. Or if you do and simply have to bring it in to work, then train it so that it doesn't bark at folk. Absolute madness. There have been as many as 4 dogs in the office. Wild.

Bringing dugs to work? I've never heard the like. Take a rabbit and fire it in to the room and leave the door open.