Work colleagues

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

An urgent email made its way through my spam filter:

It goes on like this. Long story short, I'm about to sign up and in future will be behind the scenes, pulling the strings of the WEF, pushing the button on the Great Reset. 

I genuinely think that most of the furious Loominarty conspiracy theorists are just pissed off that they've never been asked to join.

Give them a nice wee cushy number pulling strings at a local level and they'd be happy to keep their mouths shut to protect their lizard overlords.

On 24/10/2022 at 23:16, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

A boy in work got both his ankles crushed by a fork-lift.

The third and worst serious injury in the last four years and one forklift driver has done two of them.

Our place is just too busy for the size of it. Might get a bigger place sooner now though. Or close down altogether.

Enjoyed the The Office references this engendered.

Expected to see "... don't get me wrong, Anton's a lovely bloke!" - ah, there it is.

On 20/10/2022 at 12:28, strichener said:

Agreed.  Surely the way to fix this is to put your own out of office on stating 10 working days.

Just set up a draft and only send it to them.  

21 minutes ago, sugna said:

Enjoyed the The Office references this engendered.

Expected to see "... don't get me wrong, Anton's a lovely bloke!" - ah, there it is.

'Ronnie Corbett doesn't get special treatment'.

'Ronnie Corbett's 5 foot, Anton's 3 foot 4'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2022 at 16:10, Miguel Sanchez said:

Me, when I walk into work this morning and see the warehouse has been completely moved around by the new boss despite everyone telling him it's a bad idea:

GIF: Liverpool Turn The Sprinklers On Their Own Fans. | Balls.ie

Apparently the old manager was in last week and the place was in such a state she started crying

I could quite believe it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The return of the work Christmas night out is upon us, after at least 2 years of socially distanced Christmas nights, which were somehow even more pish than an actual night out. I actually enjoy a work Christmas night out though, I've posted some anecdotal attempts of humour on here around them, I think I just like observing people out of their work habitat and see who makes a total c**t of themselves. 

Is everyone looking forward to attending theirs? Are any companies still not doing them? Unfortunately I need to travel to Leeds of all places for mine and I cannot stress how much I cannot be fucked driving all the way to fucking Leeds for it. Very close to using the pregnant missus as an excuse to avoid it, although she's still 3 months to go, seems a bit soon.

5 minutes ago, thistledo said:

The return of the work Christmas night out is upon us, after at least 2 years of socially distanced Christmas nights, which were somehow even more pish than an actual night out. I actually enjoy a work Christmas night out though, I've posted some anecdotal attempts of humour on here around them, I think I just like observing people out of their work habitat and see who makes a total c**t of themselves. 

Is everyone looking forward to attending theirs? Are any companies still not doing them? Unfortunately I need to travel to Leeds of all places for mine and I cannot stress how much I cannot be fucked driving all the way to fucking Leeds for it. Very close to using the pregnant missus as an excuse to avoid it, although she's still 3 months to go, seems a bit soon.

Official work Christmas night out can get to f**k. Unofficial work Christmas night is usually fucking excellent.

40 minutes ago, thistledo said:

The wife had a Christmas lunch planned for the 19th. Today she got a citation for jury duty on the same day. She isn't happy about it. 

As for me, not been to such a thing in years. Cannot stand them. 

Had ours last week. Was pretty good actually, zero shop talk, no drama. Only seven of us though, which helps.

I can’t go to mine this year as my wife has work that evening. I do enjoy them but I’m not devastated. I don’t drink anymore and the last one I went to, everyone there was completely steaming and conversation with people who are really drunk when you are not drunk is a bit boring.

Back when I worked in Inverness, one of the guys I worked with was having an affair with a woman on the other shift. For the Christmas night out the booked a room in the hotel and they went early for, I assume, some extra marital relations. Then during the meal he broke it off with her because he and his girlfriend were going to try for children. She was a bit upset and phoned her own boyfriend to come down and console her, as he arrived she told us not to say anything, a bit awkward. A few months later she left her boyfriend to run off with a guy she met on holiday who wanted her to go and work in his lap dancing club.

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

I plan on getting smashed, making a c**t of myself and then spending the following weeks trying to work out who I've offended but are too polite to mention it.

I'll be at ours. Only be in the job since May,  but night and day compared to the last bunch of idiots I worked for/with. Was off for a week and bit with family issues, and was fully paid.  Going the black bull at the grassmarket, and Vittoria on the bridge, then brewhemia. All expenses paid. We also get to pick a spirit of our choice at Xmas as a thank you from the boss as well. Last place, all the booze was divided up between the office staff, and the yard guys basically got offered what they didn't want.