Work colleagues

Just got grossed out for the 112th time by a colleague who opens their mouth widely every time a forkful of food is shovelled into their mouth, showing the remnants of the previous mouthful. Normally try to sit on same side of the table but today was unavoidable.

Left it til the last minute to go for a shit. Just about to open the toilet door and a colleague goes "i've been meaning to catch up with you on something...." 5 minutes and a about a dozen requests to put it in an email later, grimacing like f**k due to the turtle's heid "JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL!". 

I made it though, and the extra 5 mins bake added to the quality. 

A boy in work got both his ankles crushed by a fork-lift.

The third and worst serious injury in the last four years and one forklift driver has done two of them.

Our place is just too busy for the size of it. Might get a bigger place sooner now though. Or close down altogether.

30 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The third and worst serious injury in the last four years and one forklift driver has done two of them.

Our place is just too busy for the size of it. Might get a bigger place sooner now though. Or close down altogether.

Harry Clarke working at your place ?

On 19/10/2022 at 12:29, Michael W said:

I have had multiple emails from someone, all accompanied with the "high importance' marking on them. 

None of them are highly important. In fact, I would say they are all highly routine. Really pisses me off when people do this.

Hope they enjoy their 4.59pm response. 

IIRC, depending on your email software, High Priority means the email will be sent immediately (equivalent to a dispatch rider ready to take it from you) whereas Normal Priority means it will wait to the next cycle (equivalent to a postbox collection). Very useful for sending attachments to somebody who needs them immediately.  Not the same as Urgent.

The word Urgent should be used sparingly.  If everything is Urgent then nothing is Urgent.

9 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Has he done his test? I'm thinking

David Brent In The Office GIFs | Tenor

9 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

When I was a teenager a mate of mine had something similar happen.

We worked at Somerfield in Alloa, and the practice in the warehouse then was to get a young guy to stand on a pallet, get the forklift to raise it up high, and have the guy stack the pallet from the stock lining the walls whilst standing on it. Completely against health and safety regs (they were supposed to use this massive, moving staircase).

My mate stood on a pallet, was hoisted up, and the driver drove forward into the metal shelving. Crushed my mate's pelvis, fracturing it. @TheScarf - he hadn't passed his test. Just been told by the supervisor to get in the truck and start driving.

In the end, the shop[ was fined £20k (the maximum fine they could receive) and the manager resigned.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

. @TheScarf - he hadn't passed his test. Just been told by the supervisor to get in the truck and start driving.

@NeilGodwin @JenniferTaylor-Clarke can this be looked into?

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

When I was a teenager a mate of mine had something similar happen.

We worked at Somerfield in Alloa, and the practice in the warehouse then was to get a young guy to stand on a pallet, get the forklift to raise it up high, and have the guy stack the pallet from the stock lining the walls whilst standing on it. Completely against health and safety regs (they were supposed to use this massive, moving staircase).

My mate stood on a pallet, was hoisted up, and the driver drove forward into the metal shelving. Crushed my mate's pelvis, fracturing it. @TheScarf - he hadn't passed his test. Just been told by the supervisor to get in the truck and start driving.

In the end, the shop[ was fined £20k (the maximum fine they could receive) and the manager resigned.

What did the boy get? Just a limp?

Re: the URGENT emails thing.

I had a lot of IT issues in the first six months at a prior job - no PC, no printer, no internet connection in the building, no working login, had to request to be added to each email list I discovered that I needed to be on, had to run cable myself to the room I was moved to, etc etc. I'd put requests in for these things via the ticket system I was told to use, which were ignored, so my boss would put in a ticket, which was ignored, so his boss would put a ticket in...and so forth.

After six months somebody from IT finally came out to see me, and I mentioned that I'd never had a response to anything I'd sent to them. He quite cheerfully admitted that anything marked with less than the highest priority was deleted without being read, and only upper management were able to submit those tickets. The undocumented helpdesk procedure (that apparently middle-management didn't even know about) was to put your request in with your boss, who'd shift it across to their boss, who'd ask one of the board members to submit a ticket that would likely be inaccurate by that point due to Chinese whispers  :rolleyes:

An urgent email made its way through my spam filter:

Greetings, from the illuminati world elite empire. Are you a business Man/woman, politician, musician, student, footballer, 

salary earner and you want to be rich, need protection, gain knowledge, powerful and be famous in life.

You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the great illuminati empire to earn yourself lot of benefit,

With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish.

It goes on like this. Long story short, I'm about to sign up and in future will be behind the scenes, pulling the strings of the WEF, pushing the button on the Great Reset.