Work colleagues

I have had multiple emails from someone, all accompanied with the "high importance' marking on them. 

None of them are highly important. In fact, I would say they are all highly routine. Really pisses me off when people do this.

Hope they enjoy their 4.59pm response. 

On 23/09/2022 at 16:14, Miguel Sanchez said:

Might go for a job at scottsdad's work. By the sounds of the sort of charlatans they attract I'm sure I'd be running the place within a week.

On 17/10/2022 at 15:55, scottsdad said:

Spent part of today as part of an interview panel. In the end it came down to two candidates and we struggled to separate which one to appoint as first choice candidate, and which one to have as a backup. 

Another guy on the panel started talking about the second candidate. "Well, his hands were shaking a bit, and he has grey hair even though he is younger than me. Maybe he has a medical condition. Maybe we should appoint the other one, just in case"

The woman from HR was, to say the least, not best pleased. 

I like my chances, boys!

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I have had multiple emails from someone, all accompanied with the "high importance' marking on them. 

None of them are highly important. In fact, I would say they are all highly routine. Really pisses me off when people do this.

I get this a lot too. That or 'URGENTTTTT!!!!!' in the subject.

I'll decide what's fucking urgent, m8.

I find active aggressive works much better than passive aggressive in these situations.

I get this all the time. 

Yesterday was my last day at work before taking a few days off. One student emailed me 5 times in the space of 2 minutes, all full of words like 'Urgent'.  All to do with the fact he has to resit a course in April 2023.

That isn't urgent to me. 

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I get this a lot too. That or 'URGENTTTTT!!!!!' in the subject.

I'll decide what's fucking urgent, m8.

I work on the basis that if something really is urgent, they'll phone me. Or, if we both happen  to be in the office, they'll come over and talk about it. 

If I'm sent an email that clearly isn't urgent and has no date/time by which something must be done,  I'll reply when I have time to do so and have done the more important stuff. 

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I find active aggressive works much better than passive aggressive in these situations.

Tempting, tbh. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I get this all the time. 

Yesterday was my last day at work before taking a few days off. One student emailed me 5 times in the space of 2 minutes, all full of words like 'Urgent'.  All to do with the fact he has to resit a course in April 2023.

That isn't urgent to me. 

Pass it on to The Fvckin' Prof....................

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

A simpering milktoast ?

I cant seem to multi quote to all the replies. Tbf i did tell them to f**k off but they kept annoying me. But now i genuinely hope i win so i can get it right up them all. 

However, any slagging is fair and just. 

The Prof has a permanent out of office reply going stating that for student queries, he will get back to them within 5 working days unless on holiday. I get this whenever I email him. 

Students get these then move on to someone else. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The Prof has a permanent out of office reply going stating that for student queries, he will get back to them within 5 working days unless on holiday. I get this whenever I email him. 

Given his apparent miniscule working output, 5 of The Prof's workdays probably equates to 4 weeks.

The Billings of Stirling Uni.

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Given his apparent miniscule working output, 5 of The Prof's workdays probably equates to 4 weeks.

The Billings of Stirling Uni.

Billings is the perfect analogy... I never said I worked at Stirling though. I did my degree there however. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I get this all the time. 

That isn't urgent to me. 

Reply "please ignore last e-mail" and then 5 minutes later send another that says "please ignore last e-mail".

Hours of fun*

*this is a lie

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The Prof. is playing an absolute blinder here, and not for the 1st time.

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

The Prof. is playing an absolute blinder here, and not for the 1st time.

Agreed.  Surely the way to fix this is to put your own out of office on stating 10 working days.