Work colleagues

Had a meeting via Teams yesterday to discuss productivity. Manager goes on about how the team productivity has dropped to "crisis level" while working from home and asks what distractions we have that's stopping us working productively. 

She's clearly not noticing - or choosing not to notice - one member of the team sat in her living room with Wimbledon on in the background and making no effort to hide it!

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

She's clearly not noticing - or choosing not to notice - one member of the team sat in her living room with Wimbledon on in the background and making no effort to hide it!

Who were they playing?

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Had a meeting via Teams yesterday to discuss productivity. Manager goes on about how the team productivity has dropped to "crisis level" while working from home and asks what distractions we have that's stopping us working productively. 

Some dafty shared their screen the other day with tabs for school holidays and robot vacuum reviews.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Some dafty shared their screen the other day with tabs for school holidays and robot vacuum reviews.

I remember being at a lecture years ago, and the lecturer shut down his powerpoint. On the projector we then all saw his home screen - his wallpaper was Sarah Michelle Gellar in her underwear. We all burst out laughing. The guy just shrugged and said "It keeps me young."

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I remember being at a lecture years ago, and the lecturer shut down his powerpoint. On the projector we then all saw his home screen - his wallpaper was Sarah Michelle Gellar in her underwear. We all burst out laughing. The guy just shrugged and said "It keeps me young."

At least she wasn't in the buffy.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It might have been deliberate.

I was at a talk for Health and Safety about 20 years ago and the guy was flicking through his slides, droning away.

All of a sudden he pressed the next button and a picture of Kylie Minogue appeared in underwear to applause and laughter.

He left it up for a split second before moving on to the next slide without looking at it, making comment or apparently noticing.

Afterwards he admitted he did that to wake people up and get them focussing.

He would lose his job for pulling a stunt like that nowadays.

I trust you suitably chastised him for displaying such a photo?

Did you not report him?

See these days, if you include women in their scants in your presentation, they throw you in the jail.

Which is, erm, a good thing due to sexism 'n' that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching a Teams presentation for the past hour, and one of the other attendees has been sharing live video of his right ear throughout, despite it being pointed out that he can turn his webcam off. He's been contributing to the conversation, so it's not that he doesn't know.

He's either weirdly proud of that ear, or this is some bizarre fetish.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I've been watching a Teams presentation for the past hour, and one of the other attendees has been sharing live video of his right ear throughout, despite it being pointed out that he can turn his webcam off. He's been contributing to the conversation, so it's not that he doesn't know.

He's either weirdly proud of that ear, or this is some bizarre fetish.

Maybe Khan’s standing behind him with one of those bugs, but the guy having his ear on webcam, and thus potential evidence, is keeping him alive, for now at least. 

Edited by carpetmonster

36 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe Khan’s standing behind him with one of those bugs, but the guy having his ear on webcam, and thus potential evidence, is keeping him alive, for now at least. 

No, I don't think it's @scottsdad.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder how many work colleagues., usually of the female persuasion, are sitting in sweltering officers saying "I'm cold" 

Been there. Worked in a section where on a really hot day everybody would be turning up in shorts and T-shirt apart from this one standard-issue middle aged wifie who would invariably be wearing a fleece. She'd lose her shit if anyone dared to as much open a window because she couldn't work in the imaginary freezing draught only she could feel.

Eventually one of the other lassies nearly caused an international incident by saying "If you're actually cold on a day like this maybe you should go and see a doctor..." and throwing open every window in the place.

On 19/07/2022 at 13:10, carpetmonster said:

Greenie for the Khan reference.

khan-ceti.gif

23 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Been there. Worked in a section where on a really hot day everybody would be turning up in shorts and T-shirt apart from this one standard-issue middle aged wifie who would invariably be wearing a fleece. She'd lose her shit if anyone dared to as much open a window because she couldn't work in the imaginary freezing draught only she could feel.

Eventually one of the other lassies nearly caused an international incident by saying "If you're actually cold on a day like this maybe you should go and see a doctor..." and throwing open every window in the place.

It's akin to some hero always claiming that an absolutely hotter than the sun curry or sauce/paste is 'mild as fuck for me'.  Well then your taste buds and throat are snookered mate and you really need to go and get it checked out.