Work colleagues

My work has taken on a load of new starts in the last few months including a new department manager. I feel really old, they are all early 20's with a couldn't give a f**k attitude. 

Sadly that attitude is extended to the older experienced staff like myself with a combined 100+ years service. They think they know it all and won't listen to experience. 

Edited by FK1Bairn
Too many mentions of feeling old 😡

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

My work has taken on a load of new starts in the last few months including a new department manager. I feel really old, they are all early 20's with a couldn't give a f**k attitude. 

Sadly that attitude is extended to the older experienced staff like myself with a combined 100+ years service. They think they know it all and won't listen to experience. 

Maybe this is why you don't see many electricians in their 20s.... 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Considering how many times I've heard this complaint over the decades, I get the impression that this is the experience of every 40+ worker who hasn't slithered their way into management.

Top tip: I've managed to avoid my expertise being ignored by never having any.

And now we're back in the office the lanyard wankers are back.

Started new job May 2021, so WFH Ft till this year and slowly going back in a couple of days a week. Got ID badge that also works the doors, but no requirement to wear it on provided lanyard. Mine is in pocket on way to work, in hand through doors and lies on desk rest of day, the provided lanyard not even attached, in the bottom of laptop bag. But some folk have it round their neck like a badge of pride and and not only wear it all day but on way to work, way home, and worst sin of all in the pub. Sure a couple probably wear it in house when WFH. Weirdos. 

7 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Started new job May 2021, so WFH Ft till this year and slowly going back in a couple of days a week. Got ID badge that also works the doors, but no requirement to wear it on provided lanyard. Mine is in pocket on way to work, in hand through doors and lies on desk rest of day, the provided lanyard not even attached, in the bottom of laptop bag. But some folk have it round their neck like a badge of pride and and not only wear it all day but on way to work, way home, and worst sin of all in the pub. Sure a couple probably wear it in house when WFH. Weirdos. 

I'm the same, my ID badge in is my pocket and is presented on request.  f**k having a lanyard on all day. 

Pain in the arse it flapping about when you walk.

image.jpeg.7211a1a2fb3d743700c8d71c1ac70a00.jpeg

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Have never understood why folk would want to inform the world of their workplace and jobtitle. Strange.

15 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

YARN | I'm assistant regional manager. | The Office (UK) (2001) - S01E06  Drama | Video clips by quotes | d16aaf05 | 紗

A step up from being Deputy Assistant Regional Manager, although probably not as impressive as being Vice President Assistant Regional Manager

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

A step up from being Deputy Assistant Regional Manager, although probably not as impressive as being Vice President Assistant Regional Manager

What about someone who is Regional Assistant Manager?

I worked with a guy who had "Regional Manager (Assistant)" in his email signature.

He thought it made him sound grander than a normal "Assistant Regional Manager", which was his job, but had to change it when people kept thinking he was the Regional Manager's PA.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Regional Assistant Manager sounds like it might attract slightly more kudos than Assistant Regional Manager, imvho.

I am Global Manager for my company.  One of the advantages of being self-employed.

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I am Global Manager for my company.  One of the advantages of being self-employed.

In a previous job, as well as being the company director, I also undertook duties pertaining to fleet management and human resources, as well as financial planning and customer liaison. 

I was a self employed taxi driver, but I could LinkedIn with the best of them if I wanted.

My title is not on my pass card, I don't put it in my email footer. 

Company brought in a new letter template addin for word. It's there. It's an absolute b*****d. 

I like people trying to go over my head when I tell them to bugger off. 

Recently started a new role in a new office and I've been working from home, been asked to go in one day a week. Nae hassle with that.

They have hired folk from London and Yorkshire though. I dunno if they asked them in...