Work colleagues

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve definitely worded it badly ^, was more in reference to the £40 for the full package(which I thought was a lot). I’d have expected critical illness or life insurance to pay out if it was related to a work accident etc but after he reviewed the paperwork there was an exemption for work related accidents etc

I actually though 40 quid a month for all 3 policies was reasonable - until you said they wouldn't pay out!

I think it's reasonable they don't pay out for work-related accidents as there should be insurance in place from the employer.

So, a quick update. The Nuclear Option emailed yesterday asking what course I was giving the Prof next semester. I said none, as per his deputy's instruction, presumably with his agreement. 

Hours went by with no response. Then I was asked to put down in an email what had been agreed in the meeting on Thursday. The Prof and the others in the meeting were all asked the same (we cc'd each other into our replies). All except the deputy who said he wasn't to teach.

Now, a second deputy has contacted me to say - is there a course he could teach? I replied that, of course, I have one with his name on it ready to go. 

Now a meeting in the diary for tomorrow afternoon with this second deputy. 

Edited by scottsdad

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

So, a quick update. The Nuclear Option emailed yesterday asking what course I was giving the Prof next semester. I said none, as per his deputy's instruction, presumably with his agreement. 

Hours went by with no response. Then I was asked to put down in an email what had been agreed in the meeting on Thursday. The Prof and the others in the meeting were all asked the same (we cc'd each other into our replies). All except the deputy who said he wasn't to teach.

Now, a second deputy has contacted me to say - is there a course he could teach? I replied that, of course, I have one with his name on it ready to go. 

Are they now rescinding a decision that was made at the meeting? Sounds to me like The Prof has more evidence of institutional incompetence and possible constructive dismissal.

On 28/10/2021 at 23:49, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Never seen a better embodiment of this gif... 

CrispGlumBunting-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

ezgif-3-82431e8020d0.gif.54337175205748ff7dd5851165130bac.gif

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Here we go...........we're getting down to some serious "he said, she said" and "that was not my understanding of the conversation" shithousery.

@scottsdad will be pulling the old "I vos only obeying ze orders" out of his arse, methinks............

😲😲😲😲

"second deputy"? So there's a senior c**t with a deputy, and a second deputy under that? And none of them appear wise to what's going on here despite numerous meetings? Are my taxes funding this complete caper? 

The Prof sees that there are far too many fuckers employed to do the same job and is tying them in knots. I hope he comes out of this well. 

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Here we go...........we're getting down to some serious "he said, she said" and "that was not my understanding of the conversation" shithousery.

@scottsdad will be pulling the old "I vos only obeying ze orders" out of his arse, methinks............

😲😲😲😲

This has been a problem from day one with the Prof. Going from meeting to meeting, misrepresenting what was said. I'm not the only one to have clocked this, hence why we now have group meetings with the Prof to make sure that there are no discrepancies. 

As for me, I thought the instruction for no teaching next semester came from the Head of School, the only one with the authority to do this as he is contracted to deliver one. If not (as now seems to be the case) then he must deliver one course next semester as per his contract. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

"second deputy"? So there's a senior c**t with a deputy, and a second deputy under that? And none of them appear wise to what's going on here despite numerous meetings? Are my taxes funding this complete caper? 

The Prof sees that there are far too many fuckers employed to do the same job and is tying them in knots. I hope he comes out of this well. 

The Head has six deputies. Make of that what you will!

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Presumably he was a contractor?

The contracting industry was where I saw these types of problem repeatedly occurring.

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not for individual contractors who make up (or used to) a big portion of offshore staff.

That is a fair point. However, you would need to know what information about his employment status he gave to the advisor before arriving at the answer as to who was at fault for arranging the cover.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Left hand, have you met the right hand?