Work colleagues

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

my pet hate at the moment is this.

Currently still working from home.  I get a call from one of the salesguys I look after.

Him -  "are you able to spare some time to go through the Terms and conditions of this contract?"

Me - Yes, just going to grab some lunch but will be free in about 45 mins 

Him - jeez alright for some, being able to have time for lunch

It wouldnt be so bad but for some reason this c*nt always rings me around lunchtime (i assume he is stopping for lunch) and his other retorts in similar situations have been

"whats lunch?"

"you are always on lunch"(said in a jokey way)

It wouldn't get to me so much but I generally take about 30 mins....

to be fair hes the same type of guy who does the classic phoning you up five minutes after he's sent you an email to see if you got said email...

Tell him to stop being a company man fanny. I've never understood folk who don't stop for breaks especially as they often don't get paid for lunch breaks. I always stop for my breaks regardless of how busy I am which is hardly ever tbf.

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

my pet hate at the moment is this.

Currently still working from home.  I get a call from one of the salesguys I look after.

Him -  "are you able to spare some time to go through the Terms and conditions of this contract?"

Me - Yes, just going to grab some lunch but will be free in about 45 mins 

Him - jeez alright for some, being able to have time for lunch

It wouldnt be so bad but for some reason this c*nt always rings me around lunchtime (i assume he is stopping for lunch) and his other retorts in similar situations have been

"whats lunch?"

"you are always on lunch"(said in a jokey way)

It wouldn't get to me so much but I generally take about 30 mins....

to be fair hes the same type of guy who does the classic phoning you up five minutes after he's sent you an email to see if you got said email...

The lunch time bollocks does my tits in, fucking well done you've worked through a few lunchtimes, more fool you. Just take a lunch break and stop pretending you are indispensable.  

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Fellow teacher of mine has just returned from an 8 (eight!!) week sabbatical for a serious family illness/bereavement situation leaving everyone to cover his class. During that time he even had the audacity to text on the group about the football (English, so you can imagine). Anyway, he's back now which coincides with kids being away on holiday. Work has began on the school to install new classrooms but part of that is the widening of all doors to meet regulations. He pipes up that the school have better things to spend their budget on. 

Red....neck....blowtorch

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you trying to say that someone who is off work due to a serious illness/bereavement shouldn’t be allowed to do anything enjoyable during that period? Should they just sit inside wearing a black suit and weeping?

I worry about you teaching children if this is the sort of values you hold. @jimbaxters

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I worry about you teaching children if this is the sort of values you hold. @jimbaxters

The bereaved should wear sackcloth and ashes. That's if they aren't buried with the deceased.

I'm joking of course, but the should stay away and make no contact in case it causes awkward conversations that I'd rather not have.

The bereaved should wear sackcloth and ashes. That's if they aren't buried with the deceased.
I'm joking of course, but the should stay away and make no contact in case it causes awkward conversations that I'd rather not have.
Iv always assumed any conversation was a conversation you would rather not have

15 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you trying to say that someone who is off work due to a serious illness/bereavement shouldn’t be allowed to do anything enjoyable during that period? Should they just sit inside wearing a black suit and weeping?

14 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

There is much more to it than I stated but looking back I was a grumpy bar steward yesterday when I wrote that. Retracted.

15 hours ago, thistledo said:

The lunch time bollocks does my tits in, fucking well done you've worked through a few lunchtimes, more fool you. Just take a lunch break and stop pretending you are indispensable.  

I have now put dinner time (because thats what it is)  in my calendar for an hour each day between 12 and 1pm to try and stop others putting in meetings.  I had a particularly busy period a few weeks ago where it was constant teams meeting after teams meeting without any time to even stand up in between (I know that I should have done that anyway) Two or three times a week a meeting would be scheduled for 12-1pm - because thats the only time you are "free"

I have also started to schedule some meetings for 45 or 50 minutes instead of an hour - people seem to get great pleasure in making a 60 minute last the full hour - and it always seems to be the same people who attempt to stretch it out.

I've said it before, but it is definitely worth repeating. In a standard 9-5 job, the only acceptable times to conduct meetings are between 10am and 12pm, then 2pm and 4pm. 

(Current employment status: Unemployed). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

'Aww I only get a 10 minutes lunch most days or just eat it as I'm working and dont stop!' 

Stop taking on so much work then you fud.  Or work better.

13 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've said it before, but it is definitely worth repeating. In a standard 9-5 job, the only acceptable times to conduct meetings are between 10am and 12pm, then 2pm and 4pm. 

I normally have to switch off my camera if I have a meeting between 10 and 12 as Ive normally fired into my packed lunch by then.

38 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I have now put dinner time (because thats what it is)  in my calendar for an hour each day between 12 and 1pm to try and stop others putting in meetings.  I had a particularly busy period a few weeks ago where it was constant teams meeting after teams meeting without any time to even stand up in between (I know that I should have done that anyway) Two or three times a week a meeting would be scheduled for 12-1pm - because thats the only time you are "free"

I have also started to schedule some meetings for 45 or 50 minutes instead of an hour - people seem to get great pleasure in making a 60 minute last the full hour - and it always seems to be the same people who attempt to stretch it out.

I've had to do the same. There's people in my place that schedule 'out of office' for lunch, I don't get the point, it's a typical time o eat lunch around 12/1pm people aren't going to be baffled by the away status on Teams. 

The meeting after meeting is absolutely pointless tbh, been invited to meetings turned up, said nothing and got nothing from listening to people. 

26 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I think that sounds generous as well. The good thing about the current role (public sector) is they do seem to avoid meetings after 4pm as they all want to skive off or leave early. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Am I glad I’m off today and I avoid the English members of management.

No such luck here, London based so this morning has been pretty unbearable.

Monday has potential to be a lot worse... hoping they're all too hungover to come to work if the worst happens.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
16 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Iv always assumed any conversation was a conversation you would rather not have

Now you mention it...

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In my previous job, I had a boss who liked people doing lots of unpaid overtime.  On one occasion, he suggested an urgent meeting at 5pm.  He was very annoyed when I had to cancel because I had to get home.

The next day he tried again and suggested 5pm.  "Let's hope you don't have anything on tonight." 

I knew what he was up to.  If it was urgent last thing yesterday then it was urgent first thing today.

At 5pm  I forgot about the meeting and just went home.  He never tried that approach again.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If it was urgent last thing yesterday then it was urgent first thing today

You aren't the police officers that waited 4 days to attend to a car crash are you?

Got an absolute whopper working with me just now, a complete and utter fantasist. This week alone he has claimed the following:

His wife is the queen's head of security.

His wife owns a shop in Forfar and the queen often personally drives from Buckingham Palace to buy chocolate bars from said shop.

He owns a cleaning company that makes £1,500,000 a year profit but his girlfriend runs it for him so his wife doesn't know.

He owns houses in Edinburgh, Forfar, Pitlochry and Ballater but chooses to live in a static caravan because it's easier to keep it clean.

I would love to say that he's coming out with it as a joke but he genuinely thinks people believe it.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Got an absolute whopper working with me just now, a complete and utter fantasist. This week alone he has claimed the following:

His wife owns a shop in Forfar and the queen often personally drives from Buckingham Palace to buy chocolate bars from said shop.

He owns a cleaning company that makes £1,500,000 a year profit but his girlfriend runs it for him so his wife doesn't know.

He owns houses in Edinburgh, Forfar, Pitlochry and Ballater but chooses to live in a static caravan because it's easier to keep it clean.

I would love to say that he's coming out with it as a joke but he genuinely thinks people believe it.

You should just keep on one upping him everytime be comes out with one of these, it'll fry his poor wee brain. 

Keep pushing it til he calls you a liar. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

So the Queen's head of security is married to a man who has a secret lover than runs a company making £1,500,000 profit a year and she doesn't know anything about it but you do.

Yeah.  That sounds totally believable to me. 🙂