Work colleagues

Some of the younger folk in our office are brutal man. We were all that person once, but i think this generation are soft like.

Phones, social media etc seems to have eroded their ability for smalltalk at the printer etc.

That said, i dont see many strong old school type managers to coach/encourage that i benefitted from circa 10 years ago.

2 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Some of the younger folk in our office are brutal man. We were all that person once, but i think this generation are soft like.

Phones, social media etc seems to have eroded their ability for smalltalk at the printer etc.

That said, i dont see many strong old school type managers to coach/encourage that i benefitted from circa 10 years ago.

^^ Posting this while standing beside the printer 

17 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

^^^ creepy guy that younger folk in his office go out their way to avoid at the printer 

17 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

They need to be toughened up to work in an office and photocopy documents. 

They need to be toughened up to work in an office and photocopy documents. 
Not quite, just quite eye opening to see people in their mid 20s with loads of ability yet no confidence. A shame really.

There's a girl recently joined our team who will never speak up in meetings but will ask you loads of stuff off line. Terrified to use the phone, will actively avoid phoning suppliers etc.

The WFH and increasing reliance on Teams messages doesn't help either.

32 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Not quite, just quite eye opening to see people in their mid 20s with loads of ability yet no confidence. A shame really.

Unfortunately a lot of people in their mid 20s these days have loads of confidence yet no ability.

41 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

There's a girl recently joined our team who will never speak up in meetings but will ask you loads of stuff off line. Terrified to use the phone, will actively avoid phoning suppliers etc.

Maybe she thinks that asking numerous questions in the meeting is going to annoy people. To be fair it is a pain in the arse if you are in a meeting and someone is going through questions like there is no tomorrow, "and another thing". At least she is asking afterwards, opposed to not saying anything at all. 

Some folk aren't confident on the phone, just one of those things. As for speaking with suppliers etc, not a bad thing to do this via Teams or Outlook, at least then there is a visible trail in case something does go wrong. 

9 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Some folk aren't confident on the phone, just one of those things. As for speaking with suppliers etc, not a bad thing to do this via Teams or Outlook, at least then there is a visible trail in case something does go wrong. 

Bring back Milky Gem.

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

I agree that there seems to be an increasing preference for sending a message where shouting out would be better. 

I like it. No need to speak to the b*****ds at work unless absolutely necessary. And i'm a reasonably old c**t. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

A little mentioned perk of working from home is the ability to just delete emails about collections.  No more rummaging about in the desk for coppers and bottle tops as the envelope approaches. 

What a tight arse!