Work colleagues

Back when I was still in Scotland I was Principal teacher of maths at two schools. Seemed a natural progression.
One was straightforward, very small rural highland school. The other was a nightmare, big, city school, stressful and not enjoyable. Between that and Mrs. RN#2’s severe health issues and everything I ended up off sick for over 6 months and finally quit.

I’m glad I tried the management path but no way will I ever do it again, just let me teach and no other responsibilities.

40 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No it shouldn’t have prevented them, should have been the exact opposite and prompted them to conduct an investigation and request to interview each of the people you have quoted. They could obviously refuse, but it’s up to them to decide, not HR to just ignore/bury your complaint.

They were very reluctant to let me raise a grievance and never officially did. I was railroaded in to trying an alternative approach. I assume because it would take a lot of time up.

Edited by red23

11 hours ago, red23 said:

I said to HR i can provide names of people who have had similar experiences who they should speak to. Could have been this that prevented them? but otherwise how would they know who to speak to

I see no problem with that - the way your message read was that you were going to talk to the other employees which would be a little iffy.  Any investigation should be done by HR.

8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I have a friend in Belgium who played professional football over there, before starting his own cleaning company (some career change) in Brussels. He now owns several cleaning companies, does all the high rise and government buildings and is phenomenally wealthy. f**k what your so called mates say, if it’s what want to do then do it.

There was a guy on Grand Designs building some mega house with some rather expensive cars who owned cleaning companies. 

53 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There was a guy on Grand Designs building some mega house with some rather expensive cars who owned cleaning companies. 

That's my favourite ever episode.  The massive bungalow in the forest?  Looks like the house out of The Human Centipede?  

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's my favourite ever episode.  The massive bungalow in the forest?  Looks like the house out of The Human Centipede?  

Aye huge pavillion with swimming pool. Was used in a BT advert.

My favourite was the guy Ben who built his in the Forrest he managed, they went back recently to do ten years on and he'd extended it as he'd had family.

The wife starts a new job at the start of May and in between she's taking the last week of her employment off as a holiday to get stuff done around the house, take the dog on longer walks etc.  Her last day is tomorrow and she's been talking to HR about it and apparently when they calculate her holiday and TOIL accrued, she has to work for 45 minutes on Monday, and they aren't just letting it slide.

45 minutes ffs.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The wife starts a new job at the start of May and in between she's taking the last week of her employment off as a holiday to get stuff done around the house, take the dog on longer walks etc.  Her last day is tomorrow and she's been talking to HR about it and apparently when they calculate her holiday and TOIL accrued, she has to work for 45 minutes on Monday, and they aren't just letting it slide.

45 minutes ffs.

This sounds like the sort of absolute jobsworth nonsense my employer (local council) would pull 😂

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

You'll have the fittest dog in Inverness.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

😂😂

FFS

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

This sounds like the sort of absolute jobsworth nonsense my employer (local council) would pull 😂

It's private sector and the guy she reports to (who is a director but only owns 10% of the company) takes it personally when someone leaves.  Their never allowed to return to work there.  I used to work there and my exit interview was a laugh.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

Is there no scope for working this 45 minutes tomorrow, going in early or staying late? Making someone come in on a Monday for 45 minutes is scumbag behaviour.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Is there no scope for working this 45 minutes tomorrow, going in early or staying late? Making someone come in on a Monday for 45 minutes is scumbag behaviour.

That's exactly what I said, but that would be classed as OT and they'd have to pay her time and a half.

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Some utter walloper posted this on Linkedin the other day. Tbf, most people called him out on it, but it's scary the number of people who think like this.

image.thumb.png.ef43e6454ba1d69c6ba18ef7d5657241.png

Literally everything mentioned there is a metric by which you could measure failure.

I'd like to think someone created that as a joke, but I've known enough folk who inhabit that kind of headspace....spending 11 hours in an office full of people who actively despise them and chalking it in the win column.

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I have a friend in Belgium who played professional football over there, before starting his own cleaning company (some career change)

Unless he was a sweeper.

Badum-tish.gif

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's exactly what I said, but that would be classed as OT and they'd have to pay her time and a half.

FS. Is there no way she can forego the OT? Sounds like they're just being c***s about it. Tell your Mrs to leave a shite on his car bonnet on Monday.

Edited by The Moonster

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

FS. Is there no way she can forego the OT? Sounds like they're just being c***s about it. Tell your Mrs to leave a shite on his car bonnet on Monday.

Honestly, when you hand your notice in the guy basically acts like you've just pumped his wife and kept the profit for all the sales of the video of it.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

That is the most petty thing I think I’ve ever heard. Wild.

Edited by Honest_Man#1