Work colleagues

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There is a rumour that Stevie Nicks used to have cocaine blown up her bum in a rubber tube to avoid damaging her vocal cords by snorting it. Probably not true.

Was the plastic anus needed because of a nasty case of Ching Ring Sting?

There is a rumour that Stevie Nicks used to have cocaine blown up her bum in a rubber tube to avoid damaging her vocal cords by snorting it. Probably not true.

Would you even get high on it if it goes up your arse? The entire point in sniffing it is that it gets right into your brain is it not?

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

How would you apply for this job? Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend she's 72 now. He could call at his local care home and volunteer to do the enemas.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:
Would you even get high on it if it goes up your arse? The entire point in sniffing it is that it gets right into your brain is it not?

Wait.... Your nose goes directly to your brain?

I’m not entirely sure about it getting into your brain but snorting a substance is a sure fire way of it rocketing into your system, sticking it up your arse by whatever means doesn’t strike me as being an effective way of taking any substance. I was foreever hearing stories of people sticking pills up their arses or taking acid via the japs eye but it doesn’t strike me as an effective approach to getting off your chops.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m not entirely sure about it getting into your brain but snorting a substance is a sure fire way of it rocketing into your system, sticking it up your arse by whatever means doesn’t strike me as being an effective way of taking any substance. I was foreever hearing stories of people sticking pills up their arses or taking acid via the japs eye but it doesn’t strike me as an effective approach to getting off your chops.

Snorting it means it gets absorbed into the soft tissue lining the upper nose, there is probably similarly soft tissue lining your bum hence the use of suppositories. However trying to stick coke up your bum in a club toilets its going to be the most subtle thing.

Snorting it means it gets absorbed into the soft tissue lining the upper nose, there is probably similarly soft tissue lining your bum hence the use of suppositories. However trying to stick coke up your bum in a club toilets its going to be the most subtle thing.
Huge blood flow in yer arsehole aswell. Probably even more effective than up the snout tbh. Must try.

Anyone free Tuesday?

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Huge blood flow in yer arsehole aswell. Probably even more effective than up the snout tbh. Must try.

Anyone free Tuesday?

Yeh it probably would be very effective. Can't do Tuesday though.

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Snorting it isn’t particularly subtle either, if it’s the exact same effect you get it would be much easier wrapping the powder up in a rizzla and sticking it up your arse.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone free Tuesday?

We could do a vlog in which we compare the different effects we feel with each method of consumption. We could be a YouTube sensation.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

oh oh oh this is one of these really weird things that i read about recently going down the lockdown rabbit hole (and no, im not speaking from experience, thankfully...)

If you put substances into your arse it gets absorbed into the membranes there BUT unlike anything consumed more ordinarily through your mouth, it doesnt pass through your liver to get filtered. you can put a small quantity of alcoholic spirits (even low % beer in sufficient quantities) and while it can get you completely steaming very rapidly on just a small amount, it runs a serious risk of hospitalisation if you f**k it up

I think that's the whole point behind it, it bypasses your liver basically but still quickly gets into your system/bloodstream.

idk about the efficacy of snorting things tbh but its never been something I'd be all that keen on doing (surely ends up into your lungs at least a little bit too?) was it Daniella Westbrook that melted her nose bridge and had to get surgery off the ching?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 19/03/2021 at 19:10, coprolite said:

That's pretty similar to my experience within a union. People want out something of tangibly the same value they put in and think they would have magically got payrises and decent conditions anyway. 

It's a vicious circle- people think the union is useless to them (or they can free ride), membership goes down, negotiating power goes down.  

My perception is that in the past people tended to think more collectively and now they think more about themselves. 

Neoliberalism in a nutshell and very much a deliberate act by stories, then continued by New Labour and still rampant today. Weaken the unions, create an everyone-for-themselves culture (weak workforce) in addition to a range of oppressive policies designed to structurally marginalise the working class. 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Tell your friend she's 72 now. He could call at his local care home and volunteer to do the enemas.

Reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer had written his bucket list. One of the items was 'See Stevie Nicks naked' - and it had three ticks against it.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, throbber said:

Wait.... Your nose goes directly to your brain?

Don't you know bogeys are dead brain cells? 

Got told that by a pal in Primary 3 I did.

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think that's the whole point behind it, it bypasses your liver basically but still quickly gets into your system/bloodstream.

idk about the efficacy of snorting things tbh but its never been something I'd be all that keen on doing (surely ends up into your lungs at least a little bit too?) was it Daniella Westbrook that melted her nose bridge and had to get surgery off the ching?

Is that definitely true about by passing your liver? If you still get the effects from the drug then I don’t really get how it can get by your liver as your body still has to deal with it one way or another. Still glad I never stuck anything up there regardless.

And yes that was Daniela Westbrook, she got herself into an awful state iirc.

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was just another hole to f**k*, IMO. 

*This is of course a joke. Her story is heartbreaking. 

She certainly could have done with sticking a few blasts off it up her arse and maybe she wouldn’t have corroded her septum away. 

Also yes, a terrible shame.