Work colleagues

3 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Got an email about Christmas Jumper Day today. Haven't been inside my office for 260 days. Nonsense.

Total nonsense.

When did this pish start anyway? Seem to remember a few personality vacuums wearing them at a Christmas night out a few years ago. It caught on in an "ironic" way. Now its becoming fucking compulsory!

No sooner is the poppy off the jacket but they're all wearing fucking Rudolf or snowflakes on a £4 bit of Primark fashion landfill.

12 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

A bit rich considering the damage looking at any website does.

that really depends on how many kids you have, that never ever gets mentioned though, you could fly around the world on holiday, then come home to your house with the coal fire and your 20 years old diesel banger, and the new mummy across the street who recycles everything has done 50 times the damage you have. 

1 minute ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

that really depends on how many kids you have, that never ever gets mentioned though, you could fly around the world on holiday, then come home to your house with the coal fire and your 20 years old diesel banger, and the new mummy across the street who recycles everything has done 50 times the damage you have. 

Yip.

At work yesterday I had to chaperone half a dozen school wean save the environment cuntos who wanted to see a salmon farm.

They ALL will do more damage than I ever could.

* "Waaa waaaa waaaa what carbon footprint does your company have?***

How many gallons of fuel does Greenpeace use in a year? Wee p***ks couldn't answer that.

11 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Total nonsense.

When did this pish start anyway? Seem to remember a few personality vacuums wearing them at a Christmas night out a few years ago. It caught on in an "ironic" way. Now its becoming fucking compulsory!

No sooner is the poppy off the jacket but they're all wearing fucking Rudolf or snowflakes on a £4 bit of Primark fashion landfill.

Scouser Calm Down GIF - Scouser CalmDown KeepCalm GIFs

6 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

It takes a lot to wind me up. I guess Compulsory Christmas Jumper Day just gets to me, man. I'm fine now....happy place, happy place*

* not Douglas Park 😆

I thought you'd have been over the moon with your 3-0 win the other day...

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-Covid colleague keeps walking around the office announcing to everyone how busy he is (pretty sure he spent about 40% of his day away from his desk telling people how busy he is, the extra hours he puts in and how many emails he gets per minute he's been standing beside you).

Since WFH, he's resorted to broadcasting each morning on the teams channel how late he was working and how many emails he has since logging in.

Why are some people so insecure in their jobs that they need to constantly hammer home to everyone how busy they are when in reality they're doing f**k all (including being backed up by metrics but can talk a good game to middle management about how good they are)?

There was nothing more satisfying this morning (I am still on a high) than seeing his face during our weekly scrum when I asked him that why if he's working so hard for so long he isn't getting anything done.

We were meant to have selfies next to our trees as a "best decorated tree" competition AND have a video call wearing our christmas jumpers. Couldnt do either, the tree i didnt do citing personal reasons (not even bullshitting to get out of it eithrr, there is a lot going on in home life right now making it hard to even put in the effort to pretend to Get Into The Christmas Spirit. If i took part it'd just be like that peep show bit of "i should get extra points for not feeling a fucking thing")

My machine doesnt have a camera and theres no webcam in the house so i couldnt do that either, plus being honest im fucking dishevelled right now. I dont even own a christmas jumper and it feels like its only a recent thing people have started giving a shit about, in fact theres not even a tree up in the house because its just me and the doggo + cats in here at the minute and it feels like a waste of time.

Zero fucks given tbh

On 04/12/2020 at 18:36, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Got an email about Christmas Jumper Day today. Haven't been inside my office for 260 days. Nonsense.

We got our email this morning. Friday is our Christmas jumper day. If you work from home you've to send in a picture. They usually do prizes for the best one but with everycunt staying 2 metres away from each other they're not handing out gifts, so this year it's "just for fun". They genuinely think people want to do this stuff for fun and not for the prospect of taking home a bottle of Auchentoshan.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

People who boast about doing unpaid overtime should be pitied and mocked and then told to stop doing it.

It's the same as folk who have some kind of ailment who continually tell everyone too.  I've worked with folk over the years who proudly tell anyone who'll listen they've had IBS, MS, are a Haemophiliac, are 'dyslexic', when they just can't spell.  This wasn't one person btw.  But they announce it proudly, usually as a total non-sequitur in a conversation.

'Yeah I can get that report sent over to you this afternoon, I'm dyslexic and have aids, so yeah, this afternoon should be fine'.

It's always, without fail, to someone they've just met for the first time, be it in person or over the phone.  'Hi I'm Janet, I work in the accounts department and I have MS!'.

Edited by TheScarf

Just now, TheScarf said:

It's the same as folk who have some kind of ailment who continually tell everyone too.  I've worked with folk over the years who proudly tell anyone who'll listen they've had IBS, MS, are a Haemophiliac, are 'dyslexic', when they just can't spell.  This wasn't one person btw.  But they announce it proudly, usually as a total non-sequitur in a conversation.

'Yeah I can get that report sent over to you this afternoon, I'm dyslexic and have aids, so yeah, this afternoon should be fine'.

It's always, without fail, to someone they've just met for the first time, be it in person or over the phone.  'Hi I'm Janet, I work in the account and I have MS!'.

There are some people for whom their illnesses or diagnoses become part of their personalities.  You see it sometimes in people who retire - my father-in-law has no conversation apart from telling you about whatever hypochondriac bullshit he is claiming to have. 

Perhaps the need for external validation is a modern trend that encourages this sort of behaviour.

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think it's got a significant connection to the whole antivax, 5g blah blah thing. There's an enormous pool of uninteresting people who feel an overwhelming need to be listened to, these are short and easy ways to get some attention, even if it's mostly just people telling you to shut up. Before the internet you could pop these folk in boxes and ignore them effectively, these days they find other like minded souls and trade attention with each other. Harmless until there are measles outbreaks that are ultimately predicated on bored boring people wanting their incorrectly calculated due respect and attention.

Or they could just post on P&B...

10 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

Pre-Covid colleague keeps walking around the office announcing to everyone how busy he is (pretty sure he spent about 40% of his day away from his desk telling people how busy he is, the extra hours he puts in and how many emails he gets per minute he's been standing beside you).

Since WFH, he's resorted to broadcasting each morning on the teams channel how late he was working and how many emails he has since logging in.

Why are some people so insecure in their jobs that they need to constantly hammer home to everyone how busy they are when in reality they're doing f**k all (including being backed up by metrics but can talk a good game to middle management about how good they are)?

There was nothing more satisfying this morning (I am still on a high) than seeing his face during our weekly scrum when I asked him that why if he's working so hard for so long he isn't getting anything done.

It is called Presenteeism.  The belief that work is about attending office and not about actually doing anything.

I have met plenty of people like that.

Bizarrely if they leave the company to "work" somewhere else they are not replaced.