Work colleagues

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

For these Team meetings I have a light behind me that is voice activated.

Every time somebody says "idea" it switches on.  For some reason I don't get invited to these meetings anymore.

haha bullshit you are standing on a floor switch

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Work has been trying to get people more active during the work from home period.

They’ve incentivised it and the team that records the most number of steps over the month of September wins prizes. One of these  prizes is a Peloton bike.

A woman in my team has done an average of under 300 steps per day. She must be a slug and move from bed to her desk, to the couch and back to bed. 

Assuming you're all doing desk work, that seems counter-productive.

There are employers who'd consider Slug Girl to be their best employee  :lol:

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

We’re on our third walking challenge since lockdown currently, which feels slightly like overkill. 

I seem to remember multiple posters referring to the power of walking they'd been getting through during lockdown, so it must be popular.

Question for people on here

I get 30 days holiday a year. This includes may day plus september weekend and then a two week close at christmas. This year boxing day falls on a saturday so i asked the question about getting an equivalent day back and was told that this is irrelevant due to the way we close down.

Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I get 30 days holiday a year. This includes may day plus september weekend and then a two week close at christmas. This year boxing day falls on a saturday so i asked the question about getting an equivalent day back and was told that this is irrelevant due to the way we close down.

Is that correct?

Depends when you close and start back. You should have 10 working day as holidays if you work Mon - Fri. Count them and you will be able to check.

12 hours ago, Aufc said:

Looks like they are counting Xmas Day and New Years Day as part of your 30 Day entitlement

Finish 18th and they are saying back on 4th january

Looks like they are counting Xmas Day and New Years Day as part of your 30 Day entitlement. Throw in a couple of sickies if you feel grieved.

Is that correct?
You'll still get two weeks off presumably?

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Looks like they are counting Xmas Day and New Years Day as part of your 30 Day entitlement. Throw in a couple of sickies if you feel grieved.

Most places set aside 5 at Christmas and 3 at New Year. He's getting 10 days. Pretty shit they're using up a third of his years holidays for this one but it's a decent length of time off.