Work colleagues

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
What the f**k was Phil doing with the vacuum cleaner?

Warming it up for his wife to use?

I'm almost sorry I'm unlikely to end up on one of these videoconference calls. Sounds like you could have all sorts of fun by pretending to be a useless auld fud, or by disappearing off camera and seeing if anyone thinks you're shagging the hoover.

I have to talk to people in person, where they'll notice if I'm making w****r gestures, or if I've got my cock caught in something  :angry:

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm almost sorry I'm unlikely to end up on one of these videoconference calls. Sounds like you could have all sorts of fun by pretending to be a useless auld fud, or by disappearing off camera and seeing if anyone thinks you're shagging the hoover.

I have to talk to people in person, where they'll notice if I'm making w****r gestures, or if I've got my cock caught in something  :angry:

Not if you talk to blind people. 

I was put in a position today where I had to grass up the colleague or take the blame myself for his shitty work.
I ended up Lee Wallaceing him like an old fashioned Soviet.

Snitches get stitches

Today is unfortunately my first day back after a couple of weeks off.

People seem to have chosen to ignore my out of office message and I’ve been treated to a bunch of emails asking me to do a few things. Unfortunately because I’ve not been in, these haven’t been done and have caused delays and complaints.

Those who have sent the emails are the workshy ones who’ve noticeably gotten better at skiving since home working was introduced.

Last weekend working in the call centre, and back working from home. Finished the file of stuff I was asked to do over the weekend yesterday, messaged the weekend manager if there's anything else she wants done, no reply. That's a Sunday of watching Boardwalk Empire and waiting for a half dozen calls to come in then.

In house newsletter (Seem to be a preponderance of these things since lockdown). 

The pen pics of these look at me aren't I great folk in the workplace are bad enough but when someone says their favourite place is the "valley of Glen Coe" it's almost enough to cause a home working Falling Down type outburst.

9 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

In house newsletter (Seem to be a preponderance of these things since lockdown). 

The pen pics of these look at me aren't I great folk in the workplace are bad enough but when someone says their favourite place is the "valley of Glen Coe" it's almost enough to cause a home working Falling Down type outburst.

Ouch. Not quite the same level of redundancy as the bit of Northumberland known as Glendale Valley though.

On 08/07/2020 at 12:21, Gaz FFC said:

Tams made some excellent life decisions if Tam is still working in his late 60s.

Tell Tam he's stopping someone capable getting his job who's much younger and hasn't yet made shite life choices.

That's a rather wild assumption/generalisation is it not?

On 07/07/2020 at 19:01, Raidernation said:

I am thoroughly astonished and irritated in equal parts by the salesmen in the car dealership that have EVERYTHING ON SPEAKER AT FULL VOLUME!

So fucking glad to be out of there.

On 07/07/2020 at 20:43, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you sell any?

On 08/07/2020 at 03:48, Raidernation said:

Yes

Don't spend your commission yet, I'm taking my welded together old rust bucket back.

P.S. I imagine you as a character in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Edited by welshbairn

Thankfully well shot.

ETA: I’d be the washed up old loser in GGR [emoji23]

Met my new school colleagues today for lunch. Very nice bunch, I would appear to be the only male teacher [emoji106]

No, no pics or...... nae really worth it.[emoji107]

Oh, and the boss paid [emoji106][emoji106]

my company are happy to let us stay working at home.
Which I am ecstatic about, cuts 2 hours commuting a day. Cuts a shdit tonne of diesel costs as well.
Also means I deal less with the technologically impaired

Today is unfortunately my first day back after a couple of weeks off.

People seem to have chosen to ignore my out of office message and I’ve been treated to a bunch of emails asking me to do a few things. Unfortunately because I’ve not been in, these haven’t been done and have caused delays and complaints.

Those who have sent the emails are the workshy ones who’ve noticeably gotten better at skiving since home working was introduced.

Delete every single email that arrived during your annual leave.

If anything gets pulled up:

‘ Sorry must have missed that, was on holiday when it got sent, you know how it is when you come back to loads of emails ‘

Empathetic nod.

Been doing this for years and never let me down.