Work colleagues

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyway. My employer pays for my rail season ticket and takes it out my wages each month, but now all daily business has to be done from home and I'm occasionally going into the office when I'm on shifts but the train times don't suit. So I applied for a refund but it can take Scotrail 28 days to process this (despite rail travel being suspended on day 1) and then it can take HR up to 8 weeks to sort out the pay issue. So this is going to take around 12 weeks probably 5 months wages I assume I'm entitled to the over paid money? HR are being incredibly wooly about it. Unions aren't interested so much so I had enough and left. Anyone had similar experiences? I don't know why Scotrail aren't refunding as default they can no longer provide the service I purchased.

I can understand why your work are being iffy about it. They give you a loan to buy the ticket and expect it back. They won’t stop collecting it because you can’t use the ticket. Especially if you are wanting a refund.
Scotrail will eventually give you what you lost back but how much should they give you? 1 month, 2 months? No one has any true idea about how long this is going to last for.
It’s sucks you are paying for something you can’t use but your just going to have to be patient on this one.

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyway. My employer pays for my rail season ticket and takes it out my wages each month, but now all daily business has to be done from home and I'm occasionally going into the office when I'm on shifts but the train times don't suit. So I applied for a refund but it can take Scotrail 28 days to process this (despite rail travel being suspended on day 1) and then it can take HR up to 8 weeks to sort out the pay issue. So this is going to take around 12 weeks probably 5 months wages I assume I'm entitled to the over paid money? HR are being incredibly wooly about it. Unions aren't interested so much so I had enough and left. Anyone had similar experiences? I don't know why Scotrail aren't refunding as default they can no longer provide the service I purchased.
My employer "lends" me the money to buy an Annual Season ticket.
On my first day of working from home I went to the station I bought my season ticket from to get the balance refunded, it had just over three months to go.
The refunded was in my account within a couple of days.
My employer will continue to take the monthly repayments from my salary which seems fair enough.

After previously stating the fear I had regarding my new job and being a complete lazy c**t during my notice period, I was advised on my last day that the site I was on was going to be working with skeleton staff on site, essentially meaning 2 or 3 of management on site while the workforce continues to work. So although I left last Wednesday, I still believe there are workers on site attempting to adhere to social distancing. Fucking mental [emoji23]

My new employers have been in contact with me throughout this pandemic, and I officially started with them on Monday. However they have took the sensible approach to close all of their construction sites. So I’ve been advised that I’m currently on the payroll and that all I can do is to ‘stay at home and be safe’. What a difference to the previous mob I worked for.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

My new employers have been in contact with me throughout this pandemic, and I officially started with them on Monday. However they have took the sensible approach to close all of their construction sites. So I’ve been advised that I’m currently on the payroll and that all I can do is to ‘stay at home and be safe’. What a difference to the previous mob I worked for.

Make sure you get paid. Under the furlough scheme, your employer cannot claim the 80% back for you as you weren't on their payroll on 29/2

Edited by Todd_is_God

Exciting news from work. Indulge me for a minute.

We've got a lovely c**t working with us - mentioned on here before, I'm sure - who's managed to pointlessly piss off everybody over the past few years. As an example, she appointed herself as High Chief of the Going-Away Presents for anyone leaving the organisation, even if that person's friends were already organising something, and would tell the person leaving who hadn't chipped in, or who they thought hadn't chipped in enough. The only reason she seems to have for this behaviour is to see the look of hurt on other people's faces.

She found herself a new job last month, to the joy of everyone, and fucked the organisation over by not working her full notice period. Whatever, we'll cope, see you later. She appointed her assistant to collect money for her going-away present - not a single penny raised, and the only person who signed her card was the assistant.

Couple of days before her start date, Cunty Cunterson's new employer gets in touch to explain that, sorry, we're shutting down operations for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19, so we're not in a position to take you on after all. She then had the brass neck to go crawling back to the High Heid Yins to try to withdraw her resignation. Glorious.

...or it would have been, if they hadn't accepted it and kept her on. So close  :angry:

The government have given us the all clear to work from the office again, providing certain measures are in place. There's a girl who has obviously let her personal hygiene go due to the lockdown and social distancing.

But, as she's the only female I've spoken to in three weeks, it's a wid from me.

Thats me now furloughed. Knew it was coming, just not enough work, but theyve projected it will stay until May/June, i thought itd be some kinda rolling 3 week basis where they kept reviewing it. They did say theyll kerp in touch if anything changes.

Got a feeling if/when im back in the office im basically going to look like this, right down to the scruffy facial hair, especially if those nurse pics keep appearing in the covid thread

9de.thumb.jpg.81143a97d8bba5643f8ecf58f3977e95.jpg

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 02/04/2020 at 13:38, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Couple of days before her start date, Cunty Cunterson's new employer gets in touch to explain that, sorry, we're shutting down operations for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19, so we're not in a position to take you on after all. She then had the brass neck to go crawling back to the High Heid Yins to try to withdraw her resignation. Glorious.

...or it would have been, if they hadn't accepted it and kept her on. So close  :angry:

but you still get to experience the infinite pleasure of her now having to attend work in the certain knowledge that no-one but her lacky put in to her leaving collection and that 99% of you think she's an unsufferable bitch - that must be a real joy !

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

but you still get to experience the infinite pleasure of her now having to attend work in the certain knowledge that no-one but her lacky put in to her leaving collection and that 99% of you think she's an unsufferable bitch - that must be a real joy !

I think she has enough of a brass neck that it won't bother her TBH.

You surely don't tell your colleagues that you're actively looking to get them all fired, then go home wondering why they don't like you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a member of management messaging me every 10 minutes asking for an update on what I’m doing as I’m working from home.

This is going to be a long day.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Got a member of management messaging me every 10 minutes asking for an update on what I’m doing as I’m working from home.

Reply - "Replying to your messages asking what I'm doing. What are you doing?"

Catch the dumb c**t in an infinite loop.

We had a piece of work to do following some exam results being released on Monday. The guy contacted our team five different times throughout Tuesday, each time cc’ing in someone more senior. He was asking for the world having the spreadsheet formatted the way he requested, easily a 10 hour job for one person. Just don’t think that these people understand that by continually pestering, it isn’t going to make me work any harder, more than likely the opposite tbh.

We had a piece of work to do following some exam results being released on Monday. The guy contacted our team five different times throughout Tuesday, each time cc’ing in someone more senior. He was asking for the world having the spreadsheet formatted the way he requested, easily a 10 hour job for one person. Just don’t think that these people understand that by continually pestering, it isn’t going to make me work any harder, more than likely the opposite tbh.

I’ve slowed my rate of work right down just for the constant pestering.