Work colleagues

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My workshy colleague is leaving for another department.  My manager literally danced around the office when this news was confirmed.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Did this guy ride you mugs all the way to a promotion?

Only one winner here.

A sidings with the same money but even less to do?

Probably more. Why move for the same, or less? Got things just way I want them with the diddies doing my work right here....I’m sure the colleague though who definitely isn’t me...

We have Shit-Gate at our work just now. Apparently someone has been wiping their arse and putting the loo roll in the bin rather than down the pan.

I can't think of any logical reason behind this manky behaviour.

30 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Some folk from southern Europe do this because their drains are rubbish. Knew a Greek guy who did this while living over here, his flatmates were horrified. He kept doing it even after being told it wouldn't block the pipes.

There's a scene in 'My Family and Other Animals' (the original book) where, soon after their arrival on Corfu, Gerald Durrell's sister doesn't realise that the paper in the bin is, ah, second hand, until it's explained to her.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We have Shit-Gate at our work just now. Apparently someone has been wiping their arse and putting the loo roll in the bin rather than down the pan.

Used to be standard just about everywhere outside Northern Europe and North America to stop the plumbing getting blocked up.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Used to be standard just about everywhere outside Northern Europe and North America to stop the plumbing getting blocked up.

I flush it,  even in Greece. I don't think a pail of Shirley leper adds anything to my holiday. By the time it backs up, I'm away and they can fix it.

Shirley leper should read shitey paper, God knows what auto correct is doing.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was gonna ask if there is a Greek person in yer work but I am late.

There is a Greek lassie in my work. Will have to watch for similar stories at mine.

Was gonna ask if there is a Greek person in yer work but I am late.

There is a Greek lassie in my work. Will have to watch for similar stories at mine.
No. The closest we have is a boy who's dad is Turkish. I went to school with him though and was good pals with him. I can't ever recall such an incident happening at school nor did I see it when I went to his house so I doubt it's him. No foreigners but a few manky b*****ds who I expect would do this kind of thing out of spite.

11 hours ago, weirdcal said:

The lad that sat next to me as I worked on Friday talked utter nonsense and proceeded to shit himself mid conversation and carry on as if it didn't happen.
Working from home has its drawbacks especially with toddlers involved

:lol:

15 hours ago, weirdcal said:

The lad that sat next to me as I worked on Friday talked utter nonsense and proceeded to shit himself mid conversation and carry on as if it didn't happen.
Working from home has its drawbacks especially with toddlers involved

Was your 1st thought it's still better than listening to Boris or Trump?

Could also go in the Covid thread - bit of a blogpost, but all our company offices are shutting effective tomorrow. Getting paid a small retainer indefinitely which is better than nothing I guess, but might lead to something akin to a nightmare mode version of Masterchef at home ("let's see what I can cook up with half a bottle of lucozade and 3 eggs!") in the near future.

Hoping Milky Gem is holding up ok at this difficult time.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Stay safe