Work colleagues

We are WAY off topic.
What job has the soundest colleagues?
My office job is really hit or miss but in catering pretty much everyone who worked there was a good laugh and had each others backs.

My colleagues its pretty much like a family, some you love dearly, some you can’t stand, but when push comes to shove they are there for you regardless.

On 07/02/2020 at 10:59, Cardinal Richelieu said:

@LondonHMFC ... I think Milky Gem is a rarity on P+B, as everyone is unanimous in agreeing that she sounds like a jolly good sort (apart from not understanding how email signatures work).  

Therefore, I think you should get her to sign up on P+B and she can see all the compliments that she has been paid. 

I will shower you with a thousand greenies if this happens. 

Image result for kenneth williams

The chat about working later has me thinking about my job, been working for a civil engineering firm the since the middle of last year, we would work late throughout the week then on a Friday tend to leave at 2/3 oclock, the company then went into admin and we've all been tuped over to a french company, this new company has said no more early fridays and that site rules are now 8-5 Monday to Friday.  First Friday with this new rule implemented, everyones packing up to get out the door at 5, while one of the managers is still sitting at his desk working away, ends up leaving at like 6/6.30, I dont get it at all,  I know for a fact theyre on the same hours as me, I get enjoying your job but I don't get not wanting to go home either.

This is my first full time job out of University and I'm hoping that I dont fall into the trap of thinking I'm expected to work late into the evening, I love my job, but its a job, and I'd much rather be doing things I enjoy, like drinking and pumping.

23 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The chat about working later has me thinking about my job, been working for a civil engineering firm the since the middle of last year, we would work late throughout the week then on a Friday tend to leave at 2/3 oclock, the company then went into admin and we've all been tuped over to a french company, this new company has said no more early fridays and that site rules are now 8-5 Monday to Friday.  First Friday with this new rule implemented, everyones packing up to get out the door at 5, while one of the managers is still sitting at his desk working away, ends up leaving at like 6/6.30, I dont get it at all,  I know for a fact theyre on the same hours as me, I get enjoying your job but I don't get not wanting to go home either.

This is my first full time job out of University and I'm hoping that I dont fall into the trap of thinking I'm expected to work late into the evening, I love my job, but its a job, and I'd much rather be doing things I enjoy, like drinking and pumping.

It's an odd attitude some people have, I used to work next to someone who would stay until 7pm no matter what as he felt guilty leaving earlier. We both had identical amounts of work to do but I'd leave at 5pm almost every day and only stay later if I'd wasted a load of time or in a real emergency. To be fair to him he never used to think he deserved anything more out of the job than me, just had the idea that you had to be the last one out.

I've always thought that a well run team or project allows everyone to work their core hours and then go home. If you're constantly in later than that then either your manager is an idiot or you are.