Work colleagues

On 29/01/2020 at 17:41, ICTChris said:

I forgot to make my lunch before coming in today so am going to have to go out for it.  What is the consensus from P&B on what I should go for?  I work in glorious Livingston, the culinary capital of the world.

Is it just me who would just skip lunch in this scenario? f**k wandering about looking for something. 

23 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Is it just me who would just skip lunch in this scenario? f**k wandering about looking for something. 

tbf I popped onto Just Eat and typed in the work address when I'd not long started the new job to get some ideas for places to go and also to work out whether I could get there, pick up food and get back to munch away to my hearts content within my lunch hour.

Failing that it's normally a safe bet that you'll come across a Greggs or Subway if you walk in any direction in town for about 10 minutes, would imagine Livi is no exception. Boots meal deals are apparently half decent but have never really been in for one, dunno if they're still a thing.

edit: hate working while hungry too, makes it drag in, especially if the stomach starts grumbling at me

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I should've clarified, I'm working late all night so it was realy my dinner that I was getting.  I eventually went for a jerk chicken and rice thing from Sainsburys, which was nice enough.  I'm in the same situation tonight, was going to cook a Thai curry but didn't have any coconut milk. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I should've clarified, I'm working late all night so it was realy my dinner that I was getting.  I eventually went for a jerk chicken and rice thing from Sainsburys, which was nice enough.  I'm in the same situation tonight, was going to cook a Thai curry but didn't have any coconut milk. 

First World Problems thread for that sort of pish...

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Are there no coconut dogs round where you live Chris?

had our post xmas meal last night.  Revisiting a curry house we'd been to a few years previous.  Even though i had been there the last time I had missed the funny moment when one of the guys was talking about the Chilli Paneer he ordered, and refered to it as Chilli Vaneer....

So during the meeting during the day, talk turns to the place we are going:

"remember richard, when you had your chilli VANEER"

Then its explained to the people that hadn't been there last time that this bloke had said Vaneer in stead of Paneer....

then, as we were finishing the meeting  some cad come out with "cant wait for some chilli VANEER tonight"....ok yep get the picture...

then in the pub before the meal..someone comes out with  "hope they have some chilli VANEER on the menu"

then in the place folk looking at the menu, about three of them, at differnet times say "might have the chilli VANEER"

I mean it wasnt funny the first time but table laughing every time its mentioned. I'm sat thinking if i had machine gun then they'd all get it.

Told the wife about it when i got home..she responded with "jeez, let folk have a laugh you grumpy c*nt" .  Guess I just wasnt made for these times.

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Was at the first meeting of a new working group at work today. The Chair of the meeting, when beginning the "let's do a round table of who we all are", gave her name, then her pronouns, and then her job title.

Get this pronoun shite to f**k.

If her name was The Chair, how were we to know her pronouns?

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Was at the first meeting of a new working group at work today. The Chair of the meeting, when beginning the "let's do a round table of who we all are", gave her name, then her pronouns, and then her job title.

Get this pronoun shite to f**k.

Did anyone else join in?

3 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

had our post xmas meal last night.  Revisiting a curry house we'd been to a few years previous.  Even though i had been there the last time I had missed the funny moment when one of the guys was talking about the Chilli Paneer he ordered, and refered to it as Chilli Vaneer....

Then its explained to the people that hadn't been there last time that this bloke had said Vaneer in stead of Paneer....

then, as we were finishing the meeting  some cad come out with "cant wait for some chilli VANEER tonight"....ok yep get the picture...

then in the pub before the meal..someone comes out with  "hope they have some chilli VANEER on the menu"

then in the place folk looking at the menu, about three of them, at differnet times say "might have the chilli VANEER"

I mean it wasnt funny the first time but table laughing every time its mentioned. I'm sat thinking if i had machine gun then they'd all get it.

Told the wife about it when i got home..she responded with "jeez, let folk have a laugh you grumpy c*nt" .  Guess I just wasnt made for these times.

It gets vaneer and vaneer the more I hear it.

We've got a woman who has been complaining about the aircon being too cold so yesterday she moved to the next desk (I know) to see if there was any improvement. She's (unsurprisingly) still moaning about it today but she moved to another desk with nobody within thirty feet of her. She's been wrapped up like she's in the arctic for weeks now. I'm finding it hilarious because she's a horrible immature middle aged woman.
She moved to another desk today with no success. I think she's going to keep moving until she finds the perfect desk. Tbf, there are plenty around so this could go on for a wee while.

Union basically said I have no rights as I’ve only been there 9 months, still, pissed off at a 30 second phone call saying it’s no working out cause I phoned in sick...

Bright side, I’ve an interview working nights in a rehab centre. I worked in care during my first couple of years in uni after leaving the prison so feel like this is a good chance to use those skills learnt from both.

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Union basically said I have no rights as I’ve only been there 9 months, still, pissed off at a 30 second phone call saying it’s no working out cause I phoned in sick...

Bright side, I’ve an interview working nights in a rehab centre. I worked in care during my first couple of years in uni after leaving the prison so feel like this is a good chance to use those skills learnt from both.

Really, that's very shitty of them. Surely it's an unfair dismissal? 

I left PCS because the members re elected the CEO on 120k a year on 18% turn out - I'm done with them utterly hopeless.

4 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Will u pass the PVG? 

FB worked at the prison...

5 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Its chilli inside, its chilli outside. It's a regular fuckin' chilli fest.

Will u pass the PVG? 

Aye mate I was a warder no a con [emoji23] just now looking at anything that comes up, can’t plan too far ahead as I’m waiting to find out the outcome of my PGDE interview, and as teaching is my first choice I can’t really start pressing onto anything else until the Uni’s have got back to me.