Work colleagues

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Still my consolation is that my office window is double glazed and at the other side of the building. The only person to hear you would be Brenda on reception.

"Office" - laptop in walk in wardrobe in bedroom.

"Brenda" - Wife spends the whole day at the other side of the house from him.

Selling cheese on the dark web is not a business m9.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine having your "name on the door" yet not knowing when you are being ridiculed by multiple people!

Your posts are tragic and hilarious in equal measure. What a fucking rocket emoji23.png

I reckon he lives in a bedsit, and he has plaque with his name on the lavvy door.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If he knew the person was leaving, presumably he could have recruited and trained their replacement in advance.

Don’t want to interrupt oaksoft embarrassing himself, but (dependent on notice period of the person leaving, and the nature of the role you’re trying to fill) it can be incredibly hard to:

1. Get the right approval

2. Submit the job advert and wait the allocated time before starting interviews

3. Conduct interviews

4. Submit an offer and have the person accept, then provide the required documents and get a starting date set that is at the end of their current notice period

5. Have them start and then train them up on something specific 

... within a few weeks. Might be different with smaller companies but in my experience in large companies it will generally take the best part of 3 months to replace someone for a skilled position. I agree it’s incredibly frustrating but completely understand the manager’s frustrations in this scenario.

Union? Which union would that be then? You seem to be in the know here.

Irrelevant, as an employer you are only privy to an employees union status if they wish to disclose such with you. An employer can not force that information out.

But seeing as you aren’t my employer and I’m not your employer my union of choice is not up for discussion on a public forum.

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don’t want to interrupt oaksoft embarrassing himself, but (dependent on notice period of the person leaving, and the nature of the role you’re trying to fill) it can be incredibly hard to:

1. Get the right approval

2. Submit the job advert and wait the allocated time before starting interviews

3. Conduct interviews

4. Submit an offer and have the person accept, then provide the required documents and get a starting date set that is at the end of their current notice period

5. Have them start and then train them up on something specific 

... within a few weeks. Might be different with smaller companies but in my experience in large companies it will generally take the best part of 3 months to replace someone for a skilled position. I agree it’s incredibly frustrating but completely understand the manager’s frustrations in this scenario.

Surely you don't need all that when the job involves selling tat out of a suitcase at the Barras?

Irrelevant, as an employer you are only privy to an employees union status if they wish to disclose such with you. An employer can not force that information out.

But seeing as you aren’t my employer and I’m not your employer my union of choice is not up for discussion on a public forum.
Unite for me. From the day I left school (T&G days included)

16 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Oaksoft has to be this guy

http_%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Fcoventry%252Fcontent%252Fimages%252F2006%252F04%252F27%252Fthe_armstrongs_body_450x330.jpeg

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure what your point is. That guy has done very well for himself and his business is still going strong.

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

She left him

He did say he'd done well for himself

In fairness to [mention=8416]oaksoft[/mention], people get sacked for doing f**k all in the construction industry every day.....
The type of people you are on about tend to be self employed. Plenty of that goes on for that reason. The guys who do it know they can be emptied anytime.

Oaksoft is talking about having actual employees and somehow being able and willing to treat them outwith any sort of reasonable spirit, or indeed employment law.

He also seems to believe there is nothing his fictional employees could do about it when in reality it would be entirely within their rights to unionise and take him to task. Its not even difficult to do.

4 hours ago, sjc said:

I suspect @Busta Nut might be working both "eves" this time next year......

Nah, just got notification I am changing shifts from feb 3rd onward. So won't be to half 11 anyway if I do have to do a few hours.

Regardless. The person who's ragin has f**k all say in these things.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

^^^ got fun‘ oot and fled to the land of the rising sun.

It only took them 23years!

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The type of people you are on about tend to be self employed. Plenty of that goes on for that reason. The guys who do it know they can be emptied anytime.

Oaksoft is talking about having actual employees and somehow being able and willing to treat them outwith any sort of reasonable spirit, or indeed employment law.

He also seems to believe there is nothing his fictional employees could do about it when in reality it would be entirely within their rights to unionise and take him to task. Its not even difficult to do.

Calm down. It was a play on words come joke. Put the Citizens Advice Bureau guide to Employment Law down FFS!

30 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah, just got notification I am changing shifts from feb 3rd onward. So won't be to half 11 anyway if I do have to do a few hours.

Regardless. The person who's ragin has f**k all say in these things.

^^^desk has just been moved nearer the exit......