Work colleagues

Chris's dilemma reminds me of someone I interviewed a few years ago. He clearly didn't grasp the concept of a competency-based interview and, having failed to give a relevant answer any of the questions, produced what he thought was going to be his trump card - a survey of his colleagues asking what they thought of him.
That's me fucked then

Office secret santa. No-one forced to partake but you can if you want. I thought it sounded like fun, a chance to get a wee gift under £10 of something I wouldn't normally buy for myself but might appreciate. Got a decent book on the previous time I did this.

I drew the name of a guy who worked as a magician while a student before coming into law. He's a new father as well, just back from paternity leave, so I got a bib for the wee one saying "My dad's magic" and then, as a footnote, "at litigation". All good fun. Just got my present now, looking forward to a well thought out gift based on the interests I put down on the form: motorcycles, reggae, surfing, travelling. Thought football would be too generic. So what did they get me?

A President Trump toilet brush.

Ffs. 😂😂😂

ETA: They misspelled my name on the wrapping paper. 😂

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

16 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Office secret santa. No-one forced to partake but you can if you want. I thought it sounded like fun, a chance to get a wee gift under £10 of something I wouldn't normally buy for myself but might appreciate. Got a decent book on the previous time I did this.

I drew the name of a guy who worked as a magician while a student before coming into law. He's a new father as well, just back from paternity leave, so I got a bib for the wee one saying "My dad's magic" and then, as a footnote, "at litigation". All good fun. Just got my present now, looking forward to a well thought out gift based on the interests I put down on the form: motorcycles, reggae, surfing, travelling. Thought football would be too generic. So what did they get me?

A President Trump toilet brush.

Ffs. 😂😂😂

ETA: They misspelled my name on the wrapping paper. 😂

I'll give it a week and you'll go back to using paper.

Despite almost every other teacher at the school missing days recently with a serious cold bug going around I tried to go in today, felt like shot but still set everything up then headed back to bed.
Apparently I’m in “trouble” for this?

51 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Despite almost every other teacher at the school missing days recently with a serious cold bug going around I tried to go in today, felt like shot but still set everything up then headed back to bed.
Apparently I’m in “trouble” for this?

You deserve to be in trouble for trying to go in whilst ill in the first place.

So you’re going in and risking everyone else’s health? You’re a c**t.
Very much so. Being the bread winner and already on a shit wage I need as much as I can get. Believe me nobody else gives a f**k when they are ill and spread it. Working in the public you cant get away from people who have the cold / coughing etc
We use to get paid when off ill but then the union took that away ( maybe 10 year ago or so )

So yes I am a c**t

Jesus sounds like you need to dump your union!
I did like many others have.
Just like they got rid of double time and now time n a half. Time and a quarter if you work on a Sunday however that may be stopped soon also.
So yeah if I have they flu then I'd be bed ridden and not going into work. A cold or anything else will not stop me going into work, the c**t that I am

They've signed away their perks, it's a bit pointless changing now. Still absolutely mental they let it happen though.
The union bent us over. Remember years ago in store we had about 6 ot 7 union reps . Now we have 2. Not many pay for it as they union dont protect anything that happens. As staff replaced very easily