Work colleagues

Must be good to get back to it after everything that's happened though.  Hope it goes well.

In epic news, my workshy colleague has asked me to give our manager feedback  on him for his annual performance review.
If you shite this, dont show your face round here no more.
If Chris shites it here he can never be allowed to ever again moan about how rubbish this guy is at his job.
We regularly ask/be asked to provide feedback from different departments we work with for appraisals.  I think it's quite a fair thing to do, and does give you a boost if you get a good one.
I'm sure Chris wont shit it and will be honest. Cant imagine he is the shitebag everyone thinks he is.

Shine a light

He's asking for me to send the feedback to him directly rather than to our manager.

This isn't how feedback should be done and no-one else in our team has done this.

I will do the feedback though.  Wording it in an appropraite way will be hard.  Any suggestions welcome.

He's asking for me to send the feedback to him directly rather than to our manager.
This isn't how feedback should be done and no-one else in our team has done this.
I will do the feedback though.  Wording it in an appropraite way will be hard.  Any suggestions welcome.
This is brilliant.

I fucking love this guy.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A fascinating personality within the team, who is adept at delegating tasks to co-workers. 

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Why would you agree to do this?

He is setting you up.

3 hours ago, MSU said:

Why would you agree to do this?

This.  This guy sounds like your classic chancer, and classic chancers are usually good at covering their arses when shit comes around. I'd be clearing it with a boss before handing this slippery wee eel anything.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Write the word c**t on the knuckles of your right hand.

(unless you already have a tattoo of that already which would save a bit of time).

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Blind carbon copy any and all correspondence to your manager, maybe?

Failing that I'd be tempted to ask why in the blue f**k he's wanting it sent directly to him rather than following the process.

Whatever you do, try to keep it all in writing every step of the way with no way of it getting tampered with. If he's asked you to send him the feedback on the fly in person rather than through some sort of email, text or something that keeps a formal record of it then I'd be having all sorts of alarm bells ringing.

You seem like a smart guy Chris, so I’m utterly bemused that you’re even entertaining this for a second. He’s absolutely taking you for a mug here and I’d be incredibly wary of giving him the feedback like he’s asked.

One of my mates from another job was asked to give feedback on our then manager and gave such a vitriolic screed of hatred that the guy was sacked pretty much immediately. I’ve asked her for her mail,

“Lazy, devious cretin”

back up each with a screenshot of a post from here (outside working hours).

send directly to him and cc manager.

While I would normally be opposed to the idea of snitching - talk to your manager immediately.

"Can I just check something with you Boss? Has the review process changed and I missed it? What's that? It's the first you've heard of it? But Shyster just asked me...how strange."

There is absolutely NO way this guy isn't shitting you.

Seriously, you need the shit sandwich technique here.

”cuntybas is clearly intelligent, charismatic  and capable of progressing.  Informal feedback from colleagues suggests that he can give the impression of coasting and lacking application at times. (Insert example eg morning meeting he organised on his day off). He  could address this by taking increased responsibility for completion of tasks without delegating inappropriately. He could develop his ability to lead by example by more visibly taking ownership of issues to resolution. If cuntybas can address these perception issues there is no reason he can’t realise his full undoubted potential in this role.”

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of my mates from another job was asked to give feedback on our then manager and gave such a vitriolic screed of hatred that the guy was sacked pretty much immediately. I’ve asked her for her mail,

This is why it’s a very bad idea to send this guy anything, especially something that could be read as negative. You’re opening up a can of worms by complying with this, particularly if your boss / HR is unaware of you doing it. He’s at it. You’re being set up. Go along with this and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re out of a job long before this c**t is.