Work colleagues

I'll be doing some work in the area around Celtic Park soon. I've been warned by management not to wear the colours blue or green, as multiple staff members have been assaulted in the area for that reason.

Loki-Facepalm-Gif-In-The-Avengers.gif

Are you genuinely ( difficult to believe on this forum ) asking me why anti semetisim has been a problem in Western Europe for a 1000 years 
Sadly I am not a qualified historian able to accurately answer your question , but I would guess the deep fear of “ the other “ or outsiders will have a part to play , along with prejudices that are imagined , again against the outsider 

jings , some folks 

Genuine question, I'd like to know when and why it began.

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
9 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:
Are you genuinely ( difficult to believe on this forum ) asking me why anti semetisim has been a problem in Western Europe for a 1000 years 
Sadly I am not a qualified historian able to accurately answer your question , but I would guess the deep fear of “ the other “ or outsiders will have a part to play , along with prejudices that are imagined , again against the outsider 

jings , some folks 

As previously headlined , I’m not a historian , I am aware of some of the  charges levelled against the Jews as a race during early Christendom , they were labelled “ Christ Killers” by the then church  , and in the early church ( as in modern Muslim faith) usury was seen as a sin so you could not lend money for profit ( see merchant of Venice) as there was no such bar in Judaism , moneylending was allowed so again hatered was piled on them for being the people who were in receipt.

It’s all very complex 

there are other instances , but it does I think come back to the fear / distrust / hatered of the “other / outsider”  

cant do more , but can other p & b ers , help Mr stellaboz to a conclusion 

Edited by bishopburn boy

11 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Not work related but university related.

A lassie in my class who is roughly in her 40s and has two kids will accuse any man of being sexist if they disagree with her.

Eg I had said I would rather have went to Glasgow Uni but due to my qualifications and work experience of having worked in the prison service it wasn’t deemed enough.

This was sexist, and I was to stop it with my patriarchal bullshit. Merely for pointing out that at Glasgow uni an A is between 90-92% where as at UWS an A is 70%.

Tell her that you are a vegan and will not be talked to like that.

4 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

How cold can an office be before you can legally say 'f**k it I'm off'?

No legal limits, just guidelines. If you see a polar bear running past with gloves and a scarf on you're probably within your rights to leave. 

Screenshot_20191113-182212_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
12 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

jings , some folks 

The Romans fingered them for their own murder of Jesus when they adopted Christianity and it all got a bit awkward.

21 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

There's interviews for an internal job going on today, a few of my colleagues applied and they're all going in wearing jeans and other informal clothes emoji36.png

I know in those cases you know the folk doing the interviewing but christ would most folk not still wear a suit?

I moved jobs internally and went in with a shirt and tie but no suit jacket. Depends on the position you're going for I suppose but I felt it was right to dress smartly.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
14 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

jings , some folks 

William Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice was what kicked it all off.

No, not really, but I'm surprised a book so blatantly anti-Semitic is still taught in schools today (at least it was when I did Standard Grade English)

Some fucking shite bearded melt complaining on the internal social media about how the only vegan option in our canteen doesn't fill him up everyday and has a lack of variety.

I helpfully replied that he is free to bring his own lunch in with him.

He cries back "that's not an option every day"

Me: "yes it is, you just have to get creative at home"

Vegancunt: that's not helpful

Yes it fucking is you dickhead. We're incredibly lucky that we have a huge canteen area with many ptuon and a dedicated vegan option for flakey wee knobs like him. I regularly bring my own lunch in and have no problems with it, despite the cheap yet quality dishes on offer.

I'm going to strangle the c**t with the biggest roll of schinken I can find.

Fucking hate vegans, utter fucking c***s that are never satisfied.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Some fucking shite bearded melt complaining on the internal social media about how the only vegan option in our canteen doesn't fill him up everyday and has a lack of variety.

I helpfully replied that he is free to bring his own lunch in with him.

He cries back "that's not an option every day"

Me: "yes it is, you just have to get creative at home"

Vegancunt: that's not helpful

Yes it fucking is you dickhead. We're incredibly lucky that we have a huge canteen area with many ptuon and a dedicated vegan option for flakey wee knobs like him. I regularly bring my own lunch in and have no problems with it, despite the cheap yet quality dishes on offer.

I'm going to strangle the c**t with the biggest roll of schinken I can find.

Fucking hate vegans, utter fucking c***s that are never satisfied.

Aye well maybe if you catered for them properly they would be. 

1 hour ago, nsr said:

William Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice was what kicked it all off.

No, not really, but I'm surprised a book so blatantly anti-Semitic is still taught in schools today (at least it was when I did Standard Grade English)

I thought Shylock came out of it pretty well, just trying to get some payback on some preppy Italian bigots.