Work colleagues

There's interviews for an internal job going on today, a few of my colleagues applied and they're all going in wearing jeans and other informal clothes [emoji36]

I know in those cases you know the folk doing the interviewing but christ would most folk not still wear a suit?
Shirt and trousers. Never a suit. Ever.

We have marched in lockstep all over this forum but today, brother, we must separate
In fairness, In my line of work, I either wear overalls if I am outside, or more usually, if I am inside I wear whatever I want. Usual choice is a pair of under armour trackies and a cheapo t shirt from H&M

A woman in my office just phoned her son and said, very loudly, "I've only ordered you a small pizza and a Diet coke.  I'm not made of money......... how's it ridiculous?"  and then the conversation ended.

It tickled me.

1 hour ago, Dosser0209 said:

At my work we all need to work 1 Saturday a month which can be a bit of a pain but nothing too bad. Anyway last month I had took my turn to work a Saturday and this girl in my team was frantically trying to swap her Saturday shift with someone so she could go out, so I obliged to do her a turn with the understanding that she do the same for me. This morning I took a look at the schedule and saw that I’m due in on the 7th which is when we play hearts at home, so I say to her in the nicest way possible that she work that weekend with her telling me “fuckin no chance am out that weekend” 

Seething doesn’t come close 

I never agree to these things unless I get the return leg agreed too. People are c***s like that.

At my work we all need to work 1 Saturday a month which can be a bit of a pain but nothing too bad. Anyway last month I had took my turn to work a Saturday and this girl in my team was frantically trying to swap her Saturday shift with someone so she could go out, so I obliged to do her a turn with the understanding that she do the same for me. This morning I took a look at the schedule and saw that I’m due in on the 7th which is when we play hearts at home, so I say to her in the nicest way possible that she work that weekend with her telling me “fuckin no chance am out that weekend” 
Seething doesn’t come close 
A swift kick in the pie is merited here.
For future.... what would happen if you agreed to do one of her Saturdays again but
didnt show up?
Is it an agreement between 2 people or does management need to be informed?

23 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

For future.... what would happen if you agreed to do one of her Saturdays again but
didnt show up?

I like where you're going with this. 

Guest Moomintroll
Shirt and trousers. Never a suit. Ever.
Always a suit for a higher level job, other jobs I don't care, I just want to know if you are good people & I will get that through talking to you, be presentable & wear what you want as long as you dont turn up in Lonsdale jobby catchers.

Always a suit for a higher level job, other jobs I don't care, I just want to know if you are good people & I will get that through talking to you, be presentable & wear what you want as long as you dont turn up in Lonsdale jobby catchers.
Also, should follow instructions ie if it says dress code on the invitation to interview and you do something different it maros you out as a bellend.

Guest Moomintroll
Also, should follow instructions ie if it says dress code on the invitation to interview and you do something different it maros you out as a bellend.
Are dress codes for an interview a thing? Bugger that.

1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

didnt show up?

If I had to do that the blame would be with me unfortunately otherwise I’d be doing that in the future 😂, these sort of shift swaps can be/are very informal and management will be informed once 2 people have agreed to swap.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

There's interviews for an internal job going on today, a few of my colleagues applied and they're all going in wearing jeans and other informal clothes emoji36.png

I know in those cases you know the folk doing the interviewing but christ would most folk not still wear a suit?

Why?

I haven't worn a suit to an interview in ages. I'd imagine it's probably best to wear whatever the norm for the company is. If I was doing an internal interview and some guy had been wearing jeans for the last 2 years and and suddenly comes in wearing a suit, I'd think that was a bit weird.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Because it shows you're treating the occasion seriously. I do dress like Wurzel Gummage so maybe I'm projecting.

It doesn't really have any bearing on how seriously you're treating it though. The only advantage would be if the interviewer had the idea that people who wear suits are serious and people who don't aren't. And I think that's generally not a commonly held view anymore outside of a certain set of professions or industries.

What kind of job do they need to tell people the dress code for an interview?

I wouldn’t give a job to someone who couldn’t be arsed to put on a shirt and tie for an interview. If you turn up for an interview in jeans you might as well not turn up.

What kind of job do they need to tell people the dress code for an interview?

I wouldn’t give a job to someone who couldn’t be arsed to put on a shirt and tie for an interview. If you turn up for an interview in jeans you might as well not turn up.
I have seen emails for interviews saying smart dress and ones saying formal dress not required etc.

I am unsure if its a test. It does happen though

Not work related but university related.

A lassie in my class who is roughly in her 40s and has two kids will accuse any man of being sexist if they disagree with her.

Eg I had said I would rather have went to Glasgow Uni but due to my qualifications and work experience of having worked in the prison service it wasn’t deemed enough.

This was sexist, and I was to stop it with my patriarchal bullshit. Merely for pointing out that at Glasgow uni an A is between 90-92% where as at UWS an A is 70%.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
On 06/11/2019 at 21:02, bishopburn boy said:
It’s been pretty mainstream , all over europe since about the 12 th century , sadly it’s been a problem longer than our green and blue friends , and I find that deeply depressing 

Why's it been a problem for so long?

Are you genuinely ( difficult to believe on this forum ) asking me why anti semetisim has been a problem in Western Europe for a 1000 years 

Sadly I am not a qualified historian able to accurately answer your question , but I would guess the deep fear of “ the other “ or outsiders will have a part to play , along with prejudices that are imagined , again against the outsider 

jings , some folks 

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

A lassie in my class who is roughly in her 40s and has two kids will accuse any man of being sexist if they disagree with her.

Eg I had said I would rather have went to Glasgow Uni but due to my qualifications and work experience of having worked in the prison service it wasn’t deemed enough.

This was sexist, and I was to stop it with my patriarchal bullshit. Merely for pointing out that at Glasgow uni an A is between 90-92% where as at UWS an A is 70%.

Have you asked her why the kids' Dad has almost certainly fucked off and is banging a woman who probably isn't a perma-seething bunny boiler?

^^^ Knocked back for a shag imo.