Work colleagues

13 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I vote Tory & I voted for Brexit, yet I will always do all I can for an employee during a consultation or disciplinary because no one want's to f**k up on purpose, unless they are abusive or a thief, in which case, they get what they deserve. Do not blame the doctrine, blame the person.

Moomintroll is cancelled

You vote that way because you’re in a senior management position in a retailer and don’t want to pay more tax. 

Do me a fucking favour with your ‘greater good,’ pish. 
Senior team in Tesco. Dinna even get me started.... wonder who's hours get cut back first. ..
Hows my bonus next year ? Dingies nae bonus

Guest Moomintroll
[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] is nowhere near the front of the queue of P&Bers needing cancelled tbh.
Thank f**k someone still likes me.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Mothercase is really expensive, we went in for a browse a few times when my wife was pregnant and it was far too pricey.

I am looking just now. I might get a deal...

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Well yes cos if the tax dodging and terrible treatment of staff. But not cos badly run businesses that haven’t adapted in 20+ years of online market are going bust

People complain about materialism and capitalism but continue to support shitehawk companies like Amazon, Facebook and Apple over smaller, local businesses.

People complain about materialism and capitalism but continue to support shitehawk companies like Amazon, Facebook and Apple over smaller, local businesses.

I paid £450 for a TV last week from an online retailer and they delivered it the same day. The same TV was over £600 at the only local retailer that had one. The other main one had nothing in stock in rhat price range.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local pc repair shop to buy a cable. He didn't have any, didn't offer to get me one and I got it next day from amazon for a couple of quid.

I'd love to support local retailers but it's not easy

Any high street chain should look moving to a warehouse environment unless they offer cheap or bespoke items.
A halfway house idea of a high end fashion store with a headquarters in london and maybe a store in Manchester or glasgow and a large warehouse for online with great courier service will capture the market.
Places like end or Hanon are the way forward.
A store charging more for less quality than online is doomed unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Could you tell me the smaller, local alternative to Facebook that people should be using?

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You're posting on it right now

Well, not really. I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends who live a long way from me. They aren't on P&B and while I love most of you dearly, this isn't really an "alternative".

Edited by Shotgun

5 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:
[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] is nowhere near the front of the queue of P&Bers needing cancelled tbh.

Thank f**k someone still likes me.

I'm not sure if they actually like you. It may be they just dislike you less than they dislike others.