Work colleagues

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just attended our annual diversity training update.

One person (I won't assume his/her/their gender) described the use of the terms "red man" and "green man" at crossing signals as inappropriate in the 21st century.

It's certainly inappropriate in Sandy Row...

36 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:
Just attended our annual diversity training update.
One person (I won't assume his/her/their gender) described the use of the terms "red man" and "green man" at crossing signals as inappropriate in the 21st century.

What's their alternate suggestion, both renamed as rainbow person?

Stop person and Go person. Seriously.

What's their alternate suggestion, both renamed as rainbow person?

Stop person and Go person. Seriously.

Just have a green light and red light for pedestrians? Just an illuminated circle signalling whether to cross or walk. Similar to how the card work. I don’t see the “green man” or “red man” as an issue but surely that’s a pretty easy, sensible option to replace it if need be.

I've seen ones in London where they don't have red or green men but instead have the male and female symbols, you know the ones that look like its come off a Volvo, interlocked. So you get flashed by a shitty sign but at least it shuts the virtue signalling twats up for 10 seconds or so.

10 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Just have a green light and red light for pedestrians? Just an illuminated circle signalling whether to cross or walk. Similar to how the card work. I don’t see the “green man” or “red man” as an issue but surely that’s a pretty easy, sensible option to replace it if need be.

People would get confused when the green circle for pedestrians is next to a red circle for cars. Especially tourists. How about this, designed for toilets?

_90920481_bb093c51-b018-4e0e-ac17-8dd563

Edited by welshbairn

People would get confused when the green circle for pedestrians is next to a red circle for cars. Especially tourists. How about this, designed for toilets?
_90920481_bb093c51-b018-4e0e-ac17-8dd563ef4037.jpg&key=6eefc4c062906ae1104263187336208d0ac63f8310afb1e69c53c395c2d7a5f9

I’m not sure you’re crossing the road correctly if the lights for the road can be mixed with the lights for pedestrians. Absolutely agree on the don’t care design. What about an arrow pointing forward for go, in green, and a car for wait, in red. I’m a non-existent problem solver, apparently.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’m not sure you’re crossing the road correctly if the lights for the road can be mixed with the lights for pedestrians. Absolutely agree on the don’t care design. What about an arrow pointing forward for go, in green, and a car for wait, in red. I’m a non-existent problem solver, apparently.

Not a great example but tourists are easily confused. The walking person symbol is incredibly clear for anyone, it's only because the stick figure's nomenclature  has been expropriated by the patriarchy to deny its gender neutrality that the issue has been mentioned by some virtue signalling sad act.

image.thumb.png.955234c87462fd7cebd8505d84844560.png

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Have what they have in Spain, a countdown timer in green with time left until you get mowed down by the first car.

Love that, in Inverness it can seem you're waiting for them for ages so you think they're broken and then get mowed down when you run for it.

Just witnessed the most creepy sychophantic boaby sooking show. Turned my stomach and will never give the people involved the time of day again.
Coincidentally they all were promoted recently. Everything I thought was happening is and it's worse. Its like a weird cult.
Oh you want me to stay back and do more stuff that you cant do so you can get credit for it simply because you kiss ass.
In the sea you go.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just witnessed the most creepy sychophantic boaby sooking show. Turned my stomach and will never give the people involved the time of day again.
Coincidentally they all were promoted recently. Everything I thought was happening is and it's worse. Its like a weird cult.
Oh you want me to stay back and do more stuff that you cant do so you can get credit for it simply because you kiss ass.
In the sea you go.

The new you lasted a while.

The new you lasted a while.
I'm still not caring really but what annoyed me was one of them was someone who goes around ripping others for doing the same. I realise it goes on in lots of places but jesus this was creepy and it was actually good to get confirmation of the asskissing.

It was like this

In the sea you go.

You seem to have a lot of issues at work. Maybe (and I’m just guessing here) you’re the c**t.

In the sea you go.

Cant a guy get his boabie sooked in peace

You seem to have a lot of issues at work. Maybe (and I’m just guessing here) you’re the c**t.
It's probably a correct assumption to make and I can see why you would think that even if you're half joking.
I've had too many colleagues confirm what's happening to me and others though and recently it has become so obvious that they're not even trying to hide what's going on.
I really hope you or anyone else goes through working in a toxic dysfunctional workplace run by covert narcissists because its mentally draining and bad for your health.
It's easy to say they're just arseholes and ignore them but this is my livelihood and seeing others control it unfairly and supplement their livelihood through BS and lies is or was awful.
Anyway its going to change hopefully soon as the main protagonist is leaving.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

In the sea you go.

You are a complete headcase. I think you’re entirely to blame for the toxic environments you claim to constantly end up in.