Work colleagues

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Was talking with a couple of work mates at lunch there as I'd had my first wet shave in about 5 years over the weekend. One of them cracks up that when he shaves (using a beard trimmer type thing) he goes outside. Myself and the other workmate looking rather baffled, we ask why? He says that it's easier to get rid of the hair. We then asked him to walk us through his process, and thus, I give you;

1. Puts on his dedicated "shaving jacket" which is apparently good for keeping the hair shavings off of his clothes.

2. Goes out into his back garden with his beard trimmer in one hand and a small mirror in the other.

3. Completes his shave and removes is shaving jacket, which he then shakes in the garden to rid it of any loose hair.

We genuinely thought he was at the wind up, but no, this is actually how he shaves. Not only that, but he was amazed that we thought this was so ridiculous, and it seemed he thought everyone must shave outside. The thought of him standing in his back garden with a shitty kagool wrapped around him, frantically shaving his unkempt beard, whilst his next door neighbour quickly hangs out the washing before returning to his house to tell his wife about the weird kagool wearing outside shaver that lives next door, has fair brightened up my day.

Any members of P&B match that madness for a shaving process?

I'm a back garden shaver, no shaving jacket though. Shaving at the sink just builds up blockages in the pipework, it's more eco-friendly outside as the beardy droppings are collected by the local birds, squirrels and insects to build nests, it's all about recycling.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Was talking with a couple of work mates at lunch there as I'd had my first wet shave in about 5 years over the weekend. One of them cracks up that when he shaves (using a beard trimmer type thing) he goes outside. Myself and the other workmate looking rather baffled, we ask why? He says that it's easier to get rid of the hair. We then asked him to walk us through his process, and thus, I give you;

1. Puts on his dedicated "shaving jacket" which is apparently good for keeping the hair shavings off of his clothes.

2. Goes out into his back garden with his beard trimmer in one hand and a small mirror in the other.

3. Completes his shave and removes is shaving jacket, which he then shakes in the garden to rid it of any loose hair.

We genuinely thought he was at the wind up, but no, this is actually how he shaves. Not only that, but he was amazed that we thought this was so ridiculous, and it seemed he thought everyone must shave outside. The thought of him standing in his back garden with a shitty kagool wrapped around him, frantically shaving his unkempt beard, whilst his next door neighbour quickly hangs out the washing before returning to his house to tell his wife about the weird kagool wearing outside shaver that lives next door, has fair brightened up my day.

I shave mine over the compost bin.  Hair is the tits for compost.

10 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I have a sink. Not a sink I'm happy to block with hair.

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I'm a back garden shaver, no shaving jacket though. Shaving at the sink just builds up blockages in the pipework, it's more eco-friendly outside as the beardy droppings are collected by the local birds, squirrels and insects to build nests, it's all about recycling.

Do you guys have some excessive beard hair on the go? I've washed my beard hair down the sink for about 12 years now and I've never had to deal with a blockage. I hadn't thought about the bird nest angle, I suppose that's fair enough, but you will still not see me in the back garden for a shave.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The thought of him standing in his back garden with a shitty kagool wrapped around him, frantically shaving his unkempt beard, whilst his next door neighbour quickly hangs out the washing before returning to his house to tell his wife about the weird kagool wearing outside shaver that lives next door, has fair brightened up my day.

If there was some twat shaving in the next garden I wouldn't hang out my washing. Imagine all the loose hairs blowing over the fence and sticking to the wet clothes...

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mr. OCD would be as well to tape his beard trimmer gizmo to the hoover tube attachment and he could stay indoors.........his present regime seems just a tad over the top.......emoji41.png

You can buy shavers with a vacuum built in. They're decent enough. 

I haven't had a wet shave in years either, next time I get a hair cut I will get a hot towel shave at the same time I think. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Your work colleague is a sensible, logical guy and I like him.

I started shaving out the back last year after a flash of inspiration while being pissed off cleaning up my beard trimmings yet again from the sink, all around the sink and the floor as per every shave. I sit out on the patio with the mirror on the table and my face to the sun meaning I don't miss a single hair as my face is completely illuminated compared to the shite light in my bathroom. 

Probably the best decision I have ever made tbh. 

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Your work colleague is a sensible, logical guy and I like him.

I started shaving out the back last year after a flash of inspiration while being pissed off cleaning up my beard trimmings yet again from the sink, all around the sink and the floor as per every shave. I sit out on the patio with the mirror on the table and my face to the sun meaning I don't miss a single hair as my face is completely illuminated compared to the shite light in my bathroom. 

Probably the best decision I have ever made tbh. 

Please remember that this guy is sitting out his back in Cardross and probably doesn't have beaming sunshine lighting up his face like you in Western Australia, and he wears a kagool. There is nothing logical about it.

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There's a handheld hoover in our house. Conveniently, this is quite good at sooking up the hair that comes off my face and onto the floor.

Going outside 😂

Wasn't he once President of the United States?