Work colleagues

On 16/08/2019 at 18:50, ICTChris said:

My workshy colleague who I’ve post d about on here before is getting worse and worse. We’ve had a few staff members away on holiday the last two weeks so we’ve all had t pick up the slack and he is a dead weight in the team, utterly useless. He arranges meetings so he can try and palm off work to other people, when we have to give progress reports on work and investigations he just can’t do it, it’s embarrassing. We were in a call where was required to give everyone an update on some work and he had pasted information from an email and that was it. When asked for anything he just said “I don’t know”, offered nothing. Eventually a colleague and myself just said we will pick it up and took over the investigation he was doing.

He’s also a utter dick about things, demanding and needy and completely tin eared about how people are feeling. He will try and have a laugh with people who are clearly really busy and needing left in peace. He has claimed to management he is having personal problems but I think he’s making it up to get some slack.

Pretending to be useless and having everyone else run around covering for him? He should be running courses on how to work like a boss IMO.

Or, more likely, make a pig's ear of running a course, then getting you to do it for him  :P

On 16/08/2019 at 17:27, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry to appear complaining but just calling it like I see it. Maybe it's from working in factories where management are a bit more full on than in an office.

Have seen really evil things where it seems like they are enjoying harming people.

I don't trust management anymore as a result.

....awaiting the you must have deserved it replies

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171102-do-psychopaths-really-make-better-leaders

You must realise that throwing a blanket over all managers based on one persons experience is a bit silly though?

It'd be like saying you don't trust all Muslims because a few of them have blown themselves up before.

On 17/08/2019 at 00:27, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry to appear complaining but just calling it like I see it. Maybe it's from working in factories where management are a bit more full on than in an office.

Have seen really evil things where it seems like they are enjoying harming people.

I don't trust management anymore as a result.

....awaiting the you must have deserved it replies

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171102-do-psychopaths-really-make-better-leaders

Aye,  but having spent 23+ years in HR (Yes, OK...OK...)  and all of that in manufacturing and  at the shitty end of manufacturing too, I can honestly say that I came across way more unreasonable employees than I did unreasonable managers.  I'm not saying all managers are good and all others are bad, that would be a ridiculous generalisation to make, wouldn't it?  

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye,  but having spent 23+ years in HR (Yes, OK...OK...)  and all of that in manufacturing and  at the shitty end of manufacturing too, I can honestly say that I came across way more unreasonable employees than I did unreasonable managers.  I'm not saying all managers are good and all others are bad, that would be a ridiculous generalisation to make, wouldn't it?  

As a proportion, or absolute numbers? There are presumably far more employees than there are managers so it's natural more unreasonable people would be shop floor.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

As a proportion, or absolute numbers? There are presumably far more employees than there are managers so it's natural more unreasonable people would be shop floor.

Yes, that is fair comment.  It's merely an observation based on my personal experience.   I'd even go as far as to say unreasonable people tend not to get promoted (I'm full prepared to take stick for this last comment!)

Was talking with a couple of work mates at lunch there as I'd had my first wet shave in about 5 years over the weekend. One of them cracks up that when he shaves (using a beard trimmer type thing) he goes outside. Myself and the other workmate looking rather baffled, we ask why? He says that it's easier to get rid of the hair. We then asked him to walk us through his process, and thus, I give you;

1. Puts on his dedicated "shaving jacket" which is apparently good for keeping the hair shavings off of his clothes.

2. Goes out into his back garden with his beard trimmer in one hand and a small mirror in the other.

3. Completes his shave and removes is shaving jacket, which he then shakes in the garden to rid it of any loose hair.

We genuinely thought he was at the wind up, but no, this is actually how he shaves. Not only that, but he was amazed that we thought this was so ridiculous, and it seemed he thought everyone must shave outside. The thought of him standing in his back garden with a shitty kagool wrapped around him, frantically shaving his unkempt beard, whilst his next door neighbour quickly hangs out the washing before returning to his house to tell his wife about the weird kagool wearing outside shaver that lives next door, has fair brightened up my day.

Any members of P&B match that madness for a shaving process?

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was talking with a couple of work mates at lunch there as I'd had my first wet shave in about 5 years over the weekend. One of them cracks up that when he shaves (using a beard trimmer type thing) he goes outside. Myself and the other workmate looking rather baffled, we ask why? He says that it's easier to get rid of the hair. We then asked him to walk us through his process, and thus, I give you;

1. Puts on his dedicated "shaving jacket" which is apparently good for keeping the hair shavings off of his clothes.

2. Goes out into his back garden with his beard trimmer in one hand and a small mirror in the other.

3. Completes his shave and removes is shaving jacket, which he then shakes in the garden to rid it of any loose hair.

We genuinely thought he was at the wind up, but no, this is actually how he shaves. Not only that, but he was amazed that we thought this was so ridiculous, and it seemed he thought everyone must shave outside. The thought of him standing in his back garden with a shitty kagool wrapped around him, frantically shaving his unkempt beard, whilst his next door neighbour quickly hangs out the washing before returning to his house to tell his wife about the weird kagool wearing outside shaver that lives next door, has fair brightened up my day.

Easier to get rid of the hair 😂

Does the lad not have a fucking sink?

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Easier to get rid of the hair 😂

Does the lad not have a fucking sink?

He does, but claims that having to then clean the sink is a pain in the arse. Doing it outside means he just takes of his jacket, a quick shake of it and job done. I have a lot of time for this work colleague, he's a good guy, but a complete mad man.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He does, but claims that having to then clean the sink is a pain in the arse. Doing it outside means he just takes of his jacket, a quick shake of it and job done. I have a lot of time for this work colleague, he's a good guy, but a complete mad man.

I've never timed it but I'd estimate cleaning the sink after a shave takes me less than 10 seconds.

If I saw one of my neighbours shaving outside then I'd assume they were a lunatic.

^^^^^

Shaves outside

Mr. OCD would be as well to tape his beard trimmer gizmo to the hoover tube attachment and he could stay indoors.........his present regime seems just a tad over the top.......[emoji41]

On 19/08/2019 at 13:57, hk blues said:

Yes, that is fair comment.  It's merely an observation based on my personal experience.   I'd even go as far as to say unreasonable people tend not to get promoted (I'm full prepared to take stick for this last comment!)

Dick managers probably have a far bigger impact on folk they come into contact with. That's probably why they tend to stick in people's minds more often.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

image.png.d1c9c854aa535c7e896c1df3fcf0917a.png

Secret Santa sorted

40 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Dick managers probably have a far bigger impact on folk they come into contact with. That's probably why they tend to stick in people's minds more often.

Image result for mark mcghee wife

41 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Is that a polite term for wankers? (in more ways than one)