Work colleagues

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry dont agree. Their selection and interview process should do all of this. You phone up HR wtf are they going to know? They are usually in a different building. The boss or manager could have a grudge or be tired. Most HR and senior managers are sneaky horrible two faced people. Why not ask for appraisals just trust the fact that the cv plus the fact they held a job for years and did it well. Suddenly the people doing the appraisals are lying? What's the real agenda?

:lol:

Sorry to appear complaining but just calling it like I see it. Maybe it's from working in factories where management are a bit more full on than in an office.

Have seen really evil things where it seems like they are enjoying harming people.

I don't trust management anymore as a result.

....awaiting the you must have deserved it replies

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171102-do-psychopaths-really-make-better-leaders

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think it's against the law to give informal reference info.

Nearly all my jobs have been through word of mouth or a recommendation from a previous boss, so he's ok at his job and turns up on time, but he'll probably disappear when it's his round would be about standard. 

I can see from your final sentence that you obviously have an axe to grind against management in general so not up for reasoned debate 

This guy constantly moans about management and his co workers. Perhaps he should look a little closer to home tbh.

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

In the long term a company that denies the truth and tries to harm people will shoot themselves in the foot.
A high turnover of staff should prompt hr or senior management to step in but usually they do the opposite. Bury their heads and blame the people leaving.
An honest truthful exit interview does more good for everyone in the long run. No point lying or being scared they will give you a bad reference. If they talk off record then it shows them up to be untrustworthy and devious. What are they trying to hide? Would you want to work for a company that works in this underhand way?

There was a former partner at my work who was a borderline psychopath egomaniac control freak type. He was cited in about half of exit interviews as a main reason for leaving. It just meant that some hr flunky had to give him the feedback and get a lecture about why the leaver and interviewer were in the wrong. 

This guy constantly moans about management and his co workers. Perhaps he should look a little closer to home tbh.
I'll constantly threaten you nearly every day and turn people against you and then blame you for complaining I'm sure you would cope really well. This is a thread about work colleagues why are you so surprised if someone is moaning about it?
I've suffered anxiety PTSD and depression because of it. If you don't believe that people can be evil then you're pretty naive. I've worked in several workplaces and never been disciplined or spoken to ever.
I did nothing wrong to warrant being abused other than working hard and doing my job.
If someone got shot twice do you say they must be doing something to deserve it? Some of my language and tarring all with the same brush may appear extreme but please try googling workplace mobbing or narcissistic leadership and try and learn about something you know nothing about.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'll constantly threaten you nearly every day and turn people against you and then blame you for complaining I'm sure you would cope really well. This is a thread about work colleagues why are you so surprised if someone is moaning about it?
I've suffered anxiety PTSD and depression because of it. If you don't believe that people can be evil then you're pretty naive. I've worked in several workplaces and never been disciplined or spoken to ever.
I did nothing wrong to warrant being abused other than working hard and doing my job.
If someone got shot twice do you say they must be doing something to deserve it? Some of my language and tarring all with the same brush may appear extreme but please try googling workplace mobbing or narcissistic leadership and try and learn about something you know nothing about.

“Most HR and senior managers are sneaky horrible two faced people”.

Pipe down Helen Lovejoy.

Regarding alkies you have worked with, I was going to recount my ex colleague Neil but the thread is in gold so here is the Neil post.

Another favourite was Neil, a guy I worked with after getting a promotion of sorts. Neil was an older guy, most of the people there were in their early 20's. He was about 45 and when I first joined the team he was pretty quiet but he was always keen on a night out. This was because he had a drink problem. He wouldn't drink all the time but if he got started he didn't finish for days/weeks/months. He took a holiday once and didn't come back to work for four or five months. The company couldn't contact him and after a month or so sentthe police round to check he wasn't dead. He admitted he had 'a problem' and was allowed back. That's when the fun really began.
When he came back he was quite different, he was obviously on medication to control his urges towards drinking and it turned him into a walking comedy sketch. He would jive across the office, call everyone man and constantly, I mean constantly, hum to himself. I used to sit next to him and it was like sitting next to a radio constantly tuned to Jazz FM. "Dooo bee doo doo doo bap doo wop doo waaaah" for every second of the 8 hour shift. He would also talk/sing to himself about what he was doing, as Swampy remembers. So if it was his week doing the morning reports you'd get "doo bee doo be dobeee, ahh'mmm doooooin the morning report, doop doo dee waaah".
Eventually he'd take things that were said or mentioned and work them into his routine. So if someone said "Who's coming fro lunch? I fancy a sandwich" you'd get about 30 seconds later "Lunchy lunchy woo beee doooo". This was noticed and we'd deliberately mentioning things completely out of context to get them into his songs. One notable occasion was when a mate of mine stood up apropos of nothing and said very loudly "GLOVES" and sat down. Thirty seconds later "gloves, wooo hoo dop yeah, gloves yeahh"
Neil eventually left, the company gave him an ace reference to get rid of him. On one of his drinking benders (which continued despite his treatment) he saw our line manager shopping with his wife and kids and followed him around Tesco shouting abuse, probably like thisL "dooo bee doo deee doo you are a c**toooo".
[\quote]

My workshy colleague who I’ve post d about on here before is getting worse and worse. We’ve had a few staff members away on holiday the last two weeks so we’ve all had t pick up the slack and he is a dead weight in the team, utterly useless. He arranges meetings so he can try and palm off work to other people, when we have to give progress reports on work and investigations he just can’t do it, it’s embarrassing. We were in a call where was required to give everyone an update on some work and he had pasted information from an email and that was it. When asked for anything he just said “I don’t know”, offered nothing. Eventually a colleague and myself just said we will pick it up and took over the investigation he was doing.

He’s also a utter dick about things, demanding and needy and completely tin eared about how people are feeling. He will try and have a laugh with people who are clearly really busy and needing left in peace. He has claimed to management he is having personal problems but I think he’s making it up to get some slack.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry to appear complaining but just calling it like I see it. Maybe it's from working in factories where management are a bit more full on than in an office.

Have seen really evil things where it seems like they are enjoying harming people.

I don't trust management anymore as a result.

....awaiting the you must have deserved it replies

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171102-do-psychopaths-really-make-better-leaders

images (24).jpeg

45 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Nothing in South Wales works like a dream.

This is a highly ignorant opinion. The Red Dragon Centre has one of the smoothest parking validation set-ups I've ever come across. 

One of the grabber machines at Barry Island is pretty good too. 

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. 

On 14/08/2019 at 09:38, staggy1929 said:

people who are given a set time to be ready for and continuously fail to be ready at said time are the worst kind of scum.

There was was a group of guys from Perth travelling to stirling in a car share setup years ago who would take turns a week picking each other up. The oldest chap was a real old fashioned boy who wouldn't be a second late for work and if the boys weren't standing outside their house would just whizz past not even slowing down. It also meant that when the old lad stayed late the others all had to as well. They never spoke to each other in work so I imagine the drives were just awful.