Work colleagues

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

We had one alcoholic labourer who used to wear loads of jewellery, big chunky gold chains and bracelets, sovvy rings and a watch. As the week went on the amount of bling he was wearing would get less and less, then when we got paid on a Friday it would all be fully restored after a quick trip to get it all back from the pawn shop.

Sad to hear that Mr T has fallen on hard times. 

I've definitely posted this before, but it's one of the funniest things on the internet ....

https://drunkard.com/07-03-juicing-on-the-job/

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Started giving a lassie a lift to work every day cos she doesn't drive. It's only 10 minutes out my way so not a huge deal. But she's often running late, and leapt in the car this morning clutching her breakfast ... toast and peanut butter - and then proceeded to drop crumbs and stink out my motor on the way into work. 

Am I right in thinking this is some shameful shit?

49 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

This site is going to the dogs.

PICS OR GTF

Car-Share-920793.jpg

1 hour ago, Crroma said:

My work colleague who is obsessed with the phrases "I'll take a screenshot", "ill put it in a spreadsheet" and "at my old work we did it this way".

Its became a meme how much these phrases get said.

Noone cares about your old job, we dont need to hear "at my old work we did this" twice a day every day. Shut up

Aye, we had a lassie like that - she came highly regarded from her last place, where she'd been for a long time.

It quickly became apparent though that she was actually fairly dim and had only ended up doing well in her last role because she'd been there forever - there are some people that are only capable of learning one job well per lifetime.

She spent her whole time trying to dig in and recreate her previous job in her new one despite the fact that the two had nothing in common..."In my old job, we used to do it this way..." was her mantra.

Did they, aye?

She didn't last long.

Started giving a lassie a lift to work every day cos she doesn't drive. It's only 10 minutes out my way so not a huge deal. But she's often running late, and leapt in the car this morning clutching her breakfast ... toast and peanut butter - and then proceeded to drop crumbs and stink out my motor on the way into work. 

Should have grown a pair and lied about having a peanut allergy.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Toast is an unacceptable passenger snack IMO. Shouldn't be anything that's likely to cause a mess or smell.

I'd suggest brewing up a rancid fart to cover the smell of peanut. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Packed in car sharing due to one guy who would ask to meet at a different time just about every morning and then be both late to arrive for his specifically requested time and then fucking disappear at the end of the day.

Hope you didn't actually tell him you were packing it in and just didn't turn up.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but leaving speeches...what is the point? Whenever I've left a job I've just said "bye now" and walked out the door. If you want to have a proper farewell with the few people in the office you get on with or consider friends, go out for drinks afterwards.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but leaving speeches...what is the point? Whenever I've left a job I've just said "bye now" and walked out the door. If you want to have a proper farewell with the few people in the office you get on with or consider friends, go out for drinks afterwards.
Never heard anyone do a leaving speech before. Sometimes people get a collection. I did when I first left my job... then 5 months or so later I was back to same job.

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

Leaving emails even piss me off, some fucking 3 paragraph spiel about all the 'friends you've made' and the 'opportunities you've had'.  It's all complete

Image result for birthday caird pish

Just fucking leave, the company will survive without you and you'll be forgotten about in a month or so.

The reason for my mild rant is that my colleague and I have a  fairly important meeting with a client tomorrow about the next stage of the project we're currently doing for her. This has been postponed by half an hour so she can attend her boss' leaving speech. Priorities sorted.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's a woman n our office who recently learned the terms "inter" and "intra".

Unfortunately, she didn't bother to learn that there is a difference in meaning, and regularly invites the whole company to department meetings and vice versa.

Billy Butlin, spoons,

And looking very relaxed, Adolf Hitler, on vibes. Nice!

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, nsr said:

Never heard anyone do a leaving speech before. Sometimes people get a collection. I did when I first left my job... then 5 months or so later I was back to same job.

Did you pay it back?

On 14/08/2019 at 09:33, Dons_1988 said:

Was in a similar situation a few years back with a colleague. I’d arrive outside (at the agreed time), phone him and tell him I was outside. 15 minutes later he’d rock up breakfast muffin in hand. This happened everyday for 2 weeks.

Eventually told him I’d give him 2 minutes after the agreed time and if he wasn’t there I was leaving and he could explain to his boss why he wasn’t able to get into work. I had some irrational rage during that period.

A mate of mine had a lemonade run - you could have set your watch by him, 8.00 am on the dot the bottles were delivered every Wednesday. He had arranged for a new start/inspector/some one to meet him at a prearranged spot at a certain time. Come the day and the hour Davie was at the meeting place, rang your man, "I'll be there in 15 minutes" he was told, "Well I won't" said Davie, and off he went.

On 14/08/2019 at 09:45, Crroma said:

My work colleague who is obsessed with the phrases "I'll take a screenshot", "ill put it in a spreadsheet" and "at my old work we did it this way".

Its became a meme how much these phrases get said.

Noone cares about your old job, we dont need to hear "at my old work we did this" twice a day every day. Shut up

Nah, he doesn't give a f***, either.

Image result for peter noone