Work colleagues

does anyone have folk in their office who repeat the same stories over and over? In this case I'm not talking about random stories about their personal life. I'm talking about stories that have happened in work or maybe on works nights out concerning the people they work with?

We've had two lassies in my old office who used to constantly bring banal things up and then go on and on about them. "remember that time Dave sang '500 Miles on the karaoke". Yes I do remember, it wasn't funny at the time so reminiscing about it doesn't make it any funnier.

The thing is there have been some gernally funny/embarrassing/stupid things that had happened in my ten years working in there that they would bring up from time to time and take great pleasure in mocking the individual who was part of it. However if anyone ever mentioned or laughed about any of the stupid/embarrassing things they'd done, the atnosphere would change and they'd go in the huff.

A few years ago when I was the supervisor I was in charge of ordering the stationery.  Not really reading the catalog correctly I ordered 50 packs of Post-it notes not realising there was 10 in each pack.  So as you can imagine much hilarity in the office when this big box arrives.  I took it on the chin, but this lassie then decided to take a picture and plaster it all over social media.  Again, I can take a joke but suddenly got a bit paraniod about a silly mistake becoming more known throughout the company as she was one of them folk who adds every c*nt in the company as a facebook friend(we've got around 850 employees) not to mention my mates seeing it as she obviously tagged me in!)  

So few years after it gets brought up again by this lassie, to which i replied, "well at least I didnt take the wing mirror off one of the directors cars when coming into the car aprk on the wrong side of the road" - this it appears was not a laughing matter...she didn't speak to me for about 2 weeks afterwards!

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Is this card c**t a manager or just doing it off their own back?

I've heard of this in building sites where it makes a bit more sense but Christ I'd be kicking someone out the window if they did that to me.

off his own back, he's not a line manager.

Guest Moomintroll
off his own back, he's not a line manager.
Wish him good luck at the Employment Tribunal when they are hearing the case for Constructive Dismissal then.

One of the printers at work isn’t working. It’s a print server issue rather than a printer issue so while we wait for IT to fix it me and m’colleague are having a competition to see how many people we can get to switch it off and on again.

So far we are up to 7.

Unfortunately m’colleague is winning 5-2.

6 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

does anyone have folk in their office who repeat the same stories over and over? In this case I'm not talking about random stories about their personal life. I'm talking about stories that have happened in work or maybe on works nights out concerning the people they work with?

We've had two lassies in my old office who used to constantly bring banal things up and then go on and on about them. "remember that time Dave sang '500 Miles on the karaoke". Yes I do remember, it wasn't funny at the time so reminiscing about it doesn't make it any funnier.

The thing is there have been some gernally funny/embarrassing/stupid things that had happened in my ten years working in there that they would bring up from time to time and take great pleasure in mocking the individual who was part of it. However if anyone ever mentioned or laughed about any of the stupid/embarrassing things they'd done, the atnosphere would change and they'd go in the huff.

A few years ago when I was the supervisor I was in charge of ordering the stationery.  Not really reading the catalog correctly I ordered 50 packs of Post-it notes not realising there was 10 in each pack.  So as you can imagine much hilarity in the office when this big box arrives.  I took it on the chin, but this lassie then decided to take a picture and plaster it all over social media.  Again, I can take a joke but suddenly got a bit paraniod about a silly mistake becoming more known throughout the company as she was one of them folk who adds every c*nt in the company as a facebook friend(we've got around 850 employees) not to mention my mates seeing it as she obviously tagged me in!)  

So few years after it gets brought up again by this lassie, to which i replied, "well at least I didnt take the wing mirror off one of the directors cars when coming into the car aprk on the wrong side of the road" - this it appears was not a laughing matter...she didn't speak to me for about 2 weeks afterwards!

@ICTChris

On 24/07/2019 at 12:29, fuzzydunlop said:

You've told us this already

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:29, fuzzydunlop said:

does anyone have folk in their office who repeat the same stories over and over?

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

You've told us this already

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

did I? some memory cos i can't remember doing it.

Hmmm...

I see this far too often at work. Scum, subhuman scum.20190726_040206.thumb.jpeg.6f1aa522b1c636e53d5187c369eccd73.jpeg

I had a manager who would change the roll to face that way if somebody had started one off facing correctly. After a while, I started changing it back, sometimes multiple times per day, as I am a petty-minded p***k.

Unrelated, but she ducked out of providing a reference for me and didn’t speak to me during my month’s notice.

(well, I hope it was unrelated)