Work colleagues

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Been in an open plan office for about 3 weeks now. Mostly enjoying it so far to be honest as most colleagues are decent and like a laugh. 

Working up to getting everyone to the pub at lunchtimes next week.

man-in-pub-alone-swan-public-house-thaxt

all-smiles.jpg

Re management and all that stuff.
In education I believe it’s vital to have been a teacher before being a PT (done both) and also before getting into management in schools. Seems to work in Scotland from my experience.

Over here? You get “Administrators” (e.g. depute/ heidie equivalent) who have a degree in education then a masters in admin who run schools never having been in a classroom in their career. No wonder US education is poor

Just now, Raidernation said:

Re management and all that stuff.
In education I believe it’s vital to have been a teacher before being a PT (done both) and also before getting into management in schools. Seems to work in Scotland from my experience.

Over here? You get “Administrators” (e.g. depute/ heidie equivalent) who have a degree in education then a masters in admin who run schools never having been in a classroom in their career. No wonder US education is poor

I suppose that avoids the Scottish approach of having to promote shite teachers to get them the f**k out of the classroom.

I've just sat listening to a contractor tell one of the guys at my work, how he's heard from a reliable source that the SNP government is about to be brought down. 

According to this chap there's high ranking SNP government ministers involved in the cover-up of a paedophile ring operating at Celtic football club.

image.jpeg.b64774e32e084757898e5485e09b1547.jpeg

I've just sat listening to a contractor tell one of the guys at my work, how he's heard from a reliable source that the SNP government is about to be brought down. 
According to this chap there's high ranking SNP government ministers involved in the cover-up of a paedophile ring operating at Celtic football club.

My pals Dad, who is an alcoholic tells me this every time I see him.

His evidence?

“THEYRE AW FUCKIN SYMPATHETIC TO RA IRISH”

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT WAS THE SNP!!!! Even when it was the Tories I knew it was the SNP.

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Could I have a guess at what football team this guy supports?

On 21/06/2019 at 14:24, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not a week goes by without a "How are we doing?" type survey getting sent to everyone in the work. 

However, Today's email wasn't a survey. It was an email to whet our appetites - to inform us about a NEW survey that's coming next Monday. It was even accompanied by the hashtag #threedaystogo

Yes, we're now getting a countdown to surveys. The opening line informed us that the survey is BACK (I honestly didn't think it had gone away). And now, instead of giving scores from 1-5, we get to use SMILEY FACES. 

Haud me back. 

On a scale of 1 to 5 I rate this,

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

On 24/06/2019 at 18:27, MONKMAN said:

True story, it’s a conspiracy between the SNP, The orange lodge and Scottish water, there’s antibiotics in the tap water captain. 

Suddenly wasting money has become a massive concern at work (for folk at the bottom end of the pay scale, naturally). I've just had an angry lecture from my new boss about buying bin bags instead of trying to blag some for free from other companies.

It's time to look for another job, isn't it?

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Suddenly wasting money has become a massive concern at work (for folk at the bottom end of the pay scale, naturally). I've just had an angry lecture from my new boss about buying bin bags instead of trying to blag some for free from other companies.

I quite like the sound of free bin bags. How dose one blag them for free from other companies?

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I have a colleague who will spend tens of thousands on one (important, but not that important) aspect of the work that they are obsessed with, which we could easily save money on, but then will buy the absolute cheapest tat for other areas that doesn’t work/fit properly to save £1.