Work colleagues

We have them too and the same shit comes up needing fixed and the same management solemnly swear to fix it and it never is.

They removed the option to write what you want to change in ours 2 years ago because of this.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We have workplace satisfaction surveys and I’m always positive in them as I like my job and colleagues for the most part.

^^^Doing it wrong

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

We have them too and the same shit comes up needing fixed and the same management solemnly swear to fix it and it never is.

Our senior management acknowledge the things that need fixed then ask us to 'volunteer' (ie part of your appraisal) to form working groups to then fix it yourselves. Their token involvement is to 'sponsor' (turn up to the odd meeting) the groups. Of course people don't have to time to fix these things as bau takes up all their time hence it starts again in another year. I'm surprised we don't have more mad employee shooting sprees aimed at senior management. 

Edited by Alert Mongoose

My works annual surveys used to have separate sections for your direct boss and then upper management.  What would generally happen is that you'd give your direct boss a decent survey but eviscerate the upper management.

They tried to get round this by merging the two sections so that there was no definition between the two. 

Now, even your direct manager gets a shite score in a sort a friendly fire type incident, which is sort of a shame as their bonuses are reliant on getting a good mark.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Just now, MixuFixit said:

They could always, I dunno, manage things better?

In my 20+ years at the company I've only had a couple of managers who were dicks, but most of them have been brand new. Generally as you move up the ladder the amount of arseholes/incompetents increases dramatically.

Same where I work. The directors are the most hideous, pretentious, frauds imaginable and the senior management of my department the most pathetic bunch of yes-men and yes-women. Unfortunately they create much of the problems that need fixed, so nothing gets fixed and large chunks of public money gets pissed away.

If you’re going to be truthful, but constructive then fill them out. If you’re going to use them as some attempt to give someone an undeserved shoeing then just don’t bother filling them out.
I’m sure if you explain to your gaffer that you intended to over exaggerate their incompetence then they would be fine with you not filling it out.

You could also not be a shitbag and sit down and give the feedback directly to management...

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

If you’re going to be truthful, but constructive then fill them out. If you’re going to use them as some attempt to give someone an undeserved shoeing then just don’t bother filling them out.
I’m sure if you explain to your gaffer that you intended to over exaggerate their incompetence then they would be fine with you not filling it out.

You could also not be a shitbag and sit down and give the feedback directly to management...

The second paragraph only works with decent management though. The careerist arse kissers will go on the defensive and probably get vindictive on those giving the challenging feedback. 

23 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yup, my old employers' annual survey was anonymous, but contained compulsory questions like gender, age, length of service and such like that would  really narrow down the possibilities for who completed each one........if you answered those questions truthfully.😎

same with my employers annual survey, those questions easily identify you.doesnt bother me as I don't give 2 fucks if they know its me but it clearly makes the survey anything but anonymous

18 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm surprised we don't have more mad employee shooting sprees aimed at senior management. 

if guns were freely available in this country I suspect we would have.

cant imagine its as easy to go on a murder spree in your workplace if all that's available to you is a baseball bat with nails hammered through it

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

cant imagine its as easy to go on a murder spree in your workplace if all that's available to you is a baseball bat with nails hammered through it

Sounds an amazing way to do it. With open plan offices you could get a good few and no need to reload. Well, thats the how bit sorted...

After my survey which laid waste to one and all I got a follow up email asking for suggestions on which improvements could be made.
This is what I wrote:

Problem-
Senior management is a joke. Terrible leadership, corruption, blatant nepotism.

Proposed Changes-
Clean house from director level up.

9 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

if guns were freely available in this country I suspect we would have.

Try it and report back how you got on...

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

After my survey which laid waste to one and all I got a follow up email asking for suggestions on which improvements could be made.
This is what I wrote:

Problem-
Senior management is a joke. Terrible leadership, corruption, blatant nepotism.

Proposed Changes-
Clean house from director level up.

well,duh

On 15/06/2019 at 07:43, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Was in a file stores job few years back when we were all called in by management as someone had written "Bernadette sucks Dave's cock" on the back of one of the dirty vans.(Two of the managers) Everyone knew what was written but a few were asking in the meeting what it was. Eventually a fuming Bernadette said it out loud. Dave started trying to say it's not on but boys will be boys. Then Bernadette stood up furious and shouted at Dave "YOU START LOCKING THE DOOR WHEN YOUR DOING A SHITE TOO" and stormed off.

Just wanted to add that I work with a Bernadette, so this has greatly amused me.

On the subject of workplace surveys, I used to work at a firm that ended up on the Sunday Times' 100 Best Places to Work list. Apparently, the mother of one of the directors read the paper and he wanted her to see his company in it, which is how we ended up being considered. There was a three-line whip in effect by the time the staff were asked their opinion by the survey company; undisclosed consequences if we didn't make the cut.

Just in case anyone thought there might be any validity to those things at all.

There is no chance those workplace surveys are anonymous.

We did our annual one last month using an email link sent to you which they said would only work for you, alongside a sentence or two telling you not to share the link with anyone else.

Was less than complimentary, working for a company with massive staff turnover (compared to similar sized businesses) and a rampant culture of bullying.