Work colleagues

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

There's nothing sexist whatsoever, had it been a male there would be no difference.  She's completely out her depth in the position and lacks any experience whatsoever.  

Jealous, of course I am.  If I was in the position financially that I didn't need to work, then there's absolutely no chance I would be.

People say lots of things at work. Maybe they are mortgaged to the hilt. Ferraris don't come cheap either. That's poor lifestyle choices, but it's their perogative.

I can't explain getting the job, but "unqualified" managers isn't unique. If questioned it's usually "the ability to manage" that supersedes technical knowledge. She's probably been brought in to oversee the redundancy process...oops!

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

She's probably been brought in to oversee the redundancy process...oops!

The c***s have already done that.

I’ve no issues with bettering themselves if they’re that way inclined, but as long as it’s earned.

I’m content at the opposite end of the spectrum though, I do as little as possible at work without arousing suspicion that I’m a lazy fucker. Each to their own. 

I stand by the statement that anyone who works when they can afford not to, is worse than Hitler. 

Gender didn't need to be mentioned then. I understand he was probably "setting the scene" for the story.
Not sure about that. Revealing her gender is inevitable if he is to tell the full story. Would it seem normal to you if he came on here and typed the story about a person and their spouse!

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Gender didn't need to be mentioned then. I understand he was probably "setting the scene" for the story.

Not sure about that. Revealing her gender is inevitable if he is to tell the full story. Would it seem normal to you if he came on here and typed the story about a person and their spouse!

That's why I qualified it with "scene setting".

Cùnt, rich bàstard etc would have done.

There's a boy at my work in his 40's.  Totally despises the job despite being pretty good at it.  His wife and brother-in-law own a company that is doing pretty well.  It's one of those companies where they pay themselves the minimum salary possible, then take dividends out.

Anyway my work colleague literally doesn't have to work.,  His wife is fucking loaded.  They live in a brand new 3 story town house, and all he does all day is sit and moan about every aspect of the job.

Literally fuck off mate.  You don't need to be here. 

13 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

People who can afford not to work but choose to do so, are in my opinion worse than Hitler.

It boils my piss when lottery winners say they're going to keep working. Why buy a sodding ticket then?

Bring your step son in and plunk him in his office. He'll soon get the hint...

Scarf only goes to work to keep the wee man in crisps. By the lack of official result, we know who won the square go.

14 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

People who can afford not to work but choose to do so, are in my opinion worse than Hitler.

On this subject, when I was doing my apprenticeship there was a guy in his sixties in our college class.  I had just assumed he was an old guy who had been told to go and get a qualification as it was now mandatory for his job or something, but about 3 months into the course he informed everyone that he was in fact retired and he paid himself onto college courses each year to "prevent boredom and keep the mind active".  Fair enough if that's what you want to do, but I often ask myself just how fucking boring an unimaginative I'd need to become to do that in my old age. Guy has all the time and money he needs and he chooses to sit in a fucking classroom learning shite about 3 phase electrical systems that he will never use. 

Edited by The Moonster

On this subject, when I was doing my apprenticeship there was a guy in his sixties in our college class.  I had just assumed he was an old guy who had been told to go and get a qualification as it was now mandatory for his job or something, but about 3 months into the course he informed everyone that he was in fact retired and he paid himself onto college courses each year to "prevent boredom and keep the mind active".  Fair enough if that's what you want to do, but I often ask myself just how fucking boring an unimaginative I'd need to become to do that in my old age. Guy has all the time and money he needs and he chooses to sit in a fucking classroom learning shite about 3 phase electrical systems that he will never use. 
Maybe he enjoyed learning. Nothing wrong with that.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Maybe he enjoyed learning. Nothing wrong with that.

I enjoy learning. I can learn interesting things without going on a college course.  I can keep my brain active without having a teacher tell me to do a task. It's just a strange choice IMO.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

image.jpeg.af98d202ebf8d2ea861ee9708260cf1c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bring your step son in and plunk him in his office. He'll soon get the hint...

26 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Scarf only goes to work to keep the wee man in crisps. By the lack of official result, we know who won the square go.

He got fucking telt last night.  Straight to bed after his tea with no Easter egg after.

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Maybe he's got a shed at home where he tinkers about inventing stuff. You can't build a warp drive without knowing the basics of 3 phase electrical systems.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

It boils my piss when lottery winners say they're going to keep working. Why buy a sodding ticket then?

Mary, 64 from Wolverhampton wins £95 million on the euros. She’s going to keep her part time job as a cleaner and possibly splash out on a caravan in Torquay. 

f**k OFF!!!