Work colleagues

Just came back today from Bank Holiday weekend off and the girls in my office still insist on having the heating on as if it's -2 outside.

I'm at the point where I feel it should be air conditioning on nevermind the heating blasting and am melting away in to nothing like the fucking snowman.

I don't have enough feet to boot the amount of pies that need booted in this office.

We had a buffet today in work to celebrate our profits... aye cheers , you celebrate while some of the staff have just been shafted.
My work did a similarly crass event whilst in the middle of a major dispute. An unknown employee leaked this to an industry based news site who ran it [emoji23]

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We had a buffet today in work to celebrate our profits... aye cheers , you celebrate while some of the staff have just been shafted.

I hope this was mentioned to them. Also get the press told.

I’m a big fan of employers throwing inappropriate parties. If I am ever in the position to do so I’ll make sure all the executives of my organisation have a French Renaissance themed masquerade ball with complimentary champagne, cocaine and midget hookers laid on the same week that we make Tiny Tim and his starving family redundant with no compensation.

I realised today that tomorrow there will be several people in the office wearing flip flops because of the nice weather. My ears are going to be on fire with the constant flip flop, flip flop, flip flop, flip flop all fucking day. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
Only one wore them but she waited until the afternoon. No idea why they weren't deemed suitable in the morning. Women!

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Like David Brent telling the staff "Good news and bad news - the bad news is half of you are being made redundant. The good news is. I've been promoted!"

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

If this isn't in the Courier tomorrow I hold you entirely responsible. Unless they have loads of Tesco adverts. 

Like David Brent telling the staff "Good news and bad news - the bad news is half of you are being made redundant. The good news is. I've been promoted!"
A few years ago in my work our director came up to let everyone know that it's likely they would be going down the route of redundancies, then in the same meeting went on to talk in length about how it was so expensive to get the brakes replaced on his maserati that he just bought himself an audi as a runaround in the meantime.

A few years ago in my work our director came up to let everyone know that it's likely they would be going down the route of redundancies, then in the same meeting went on to talk in length about how it was so expensive to get the brakes replaced on his maserati that he just bought himself an audi as a runaround in the meantime.

One of the new bosses at my work is a female who’s been shoehorned in to the position for a reason unknown to most. She took great pleasure in telling one of the boys her runaround car is a Nissan GTR and her Sunday car is a Ferrari, yes a fucking Ferrari.

Also told one of the other boys her husband is beyond minted from a robotics company he founded and she doesn’t actually need to work. She’ll comfortably earn a 6 figure salary and doesn’t have a clue about the job she’s doing.

People who can afford not to work but choose to do so, are in my opinion worse than Hitler.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

One of the new bosses at my work is a female who’s been shoehorned in to the position for a reason unknown to most. She took great pleasure in telling one of the boys her runaround car is a Nissan GTR and her Sunday car is a Ferrari, yes a fucking Ferrari.

Also told one of the other boys her husband is beyond minted from a robotics company he founded and she doesn’t actually need to work. She’ll comfortably earn a 6 figure salary and doesn’t have a clue about the job she’s doing.

People who can afford not to work but choose to do so, are in my opinion worse than Hitler.

See the source image

I worked in a well known IT joint in Inverness and the pay in there was fucking mental.  

For example, if you came in as a phone monkey, you got something like 15k a year.  Fine if you're just out of school.  There was one guy there who started on that and worked his way up to a server engineer role (and now I believe he's doing high profile project work).  Anyway I came in to the server engineer role and ended up working alongside him.  We got chatting one day and it turns out I was on 3k more that what he had worked his way up to.

Now this guy had far more client experience than me, and I would say more server engineer experience too.  I felt really embarrassed getting more than him but it highlighted to me the crazy salaries in there.  There was absolutely zero pay structure.  I would put money on that every single person in that place was on different money.  Bizarre.

The folk who had worked there for years, like this guy had, were getting shafted whereas folk coming in cold could basically name their price.

The pay structure is mental across the country, not just in Inverness. I got moved away from the Inverness service centre space pretty quickly although it took a good 18 months for the pay to catch up. I worked on a project in London with a guy a couple of years ago, he was the same age as me, had more experience and was paid £5k less. He was from the Midlands which was even more surprising.

I've worked for the last 3 years on client sites on various projects so I have it pretty easy. Pay is good, working conditions are good and I get to piss about on expenses most of the time. Probably in the extreme minority in the Highlands that has been able to make a decent career out of there.

On the sunject of robots I was talking to field manager the other day. He loves robots. Thinks its great and was harping on about driverless cars. Told him I didnt like it as the implications for jobs etc didnt sit right with me.

He said "yeah well robots have taken jobs before, drivers will find other jobs".

The measure of a c**t in one small sentence.

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Maybe she wants to have her own money and not be reliant on her husband.

Maybe she wants to have her own money and not be reliant on her husband.
She was already in a well paying job, and had taken an utterly bizarre step into a job several rungs up from where one should start, where she is blocking career progression for people actually qualified to do it, despite having literally no knowledge of what she is in charge of.

It is in fact, quite a dangerous move.

I know the back story about this one obviously.

She was already in a well paying job, and had taken an utterly bizarre step into a job several rungs up from where one should start, where she is blocking career progression for people actually qualified to do it, despite having literally no knowledge of what she is in charge of.

She's blocking it, or the people that recruited her for that position are either hopeless or pals with them?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Monkman's verion came accross as jealousy and possibly a bit sexist. 

These types of shoe horn moves happen fairly frequently and are always a source of resentment in this industry.

That one such totally unqualified person would start their tenure by gloating about not needing a job that someone like me would be looking at as their next natural step having been learning my trade since leaving school would hose me right off.

I doubt its to do with gender and more to do with attitude tbh.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's nothing sexist whatsoever, had it been a male there would be no difference.  She's completely out her depth in the position and lacks any experience whatsoever.  

Jealous, of course I am.  If I was in the position financially that I didn't need to work, then there's absolutely no chance I would be.

She also, happened to mention her car service cost more than most earn in a month.  I'm not a fan.  These types rarely stick around for long though, and I'd imagine she'll be pushed further up the ladder in no time. 

Edited by MONKMAN

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

These types of shoe horn moves happen fairly frequently and are always a source of resentment in this industry.

That one such totally unqualified person would start their tenure by gloating about not needing a job that someone like me would be looking at as their next natural step having been learning my trade since leaving school would hose me right off.

I doubt its to do with gender and more to do with attitude tbh.

Gender didn't need to be mentioned then. I understand he was probably "setting the scene" for the story.