Work colleagues

8 hours ago, Adam said:

A group email came in this morning to mention that the head of department is having a milestone birthday next week and to celebrate, we're to have a game of Bingo, which is all about him.  It reads, "...so I’m asking you lot if you can think of a word/words/short sentence that will fit on a bingo square, that you would use to describe or even reminds you of him.  If you can send me these by the end of the week I can make the cards."

Nearly vomited when I read it.  Never have I been more happy to be on holiday next week.

How big are the squares?

Would they accommodate "arsepiece", "cockwomble" or "wankpuffin"?

I worked in a well known IT joint in Inverness and the pay in there was fucking mental.  
For example, if you came in as a phone monkey, you got something like 15k a year.  Fine if you're just out of school.  There was one guy there who started on that and worked his way up to a server engineer role (and now I believe he's doing high profile project work).  Anyway I came in to the server engineer role and ended up working alongside him.  We got chatting one day and it turns out I was on 3k more that what he had worked his way up to.
Now this guy had far more client experience than me, and I would say more server engineer experience too.  I felt really embarrassed getting more than him but it highlighted to me the crazy salaries in there.  There was absolutely zero pay structure.  I would put money on that every single person in that place was on different money.  Bizarre.
The folk who had worked there for years, like this guy had, were getting shafted whereas folk coming in cold could basically name their price.

I assume that’s the place I used to work. I got paid a pittance for what I did, no idea about anyone else. I did get paid more than some people because I stayed as a contractor for longer.

Not if it is like my Company, buried in the small print of my contract is a sentence that basically says revealing your salary to others is a Gross Misconduct offence.

Wouldn’t the salary be easily obtainable through the Freedom Of Information Act if someone were to request it?

Guest Moomintroll

Wouldn’t the salary be easily obtainable through the Freedom Of Information Act if someone were to request it?
Not a clue but seriously doubt it due to it being a Plc rather than a Local Authority etc.

9 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Any hot food products should be kept to the canteen.* Sometimes the young lad that sits behind me will bring back a macdonalds or KFC and eat it at his desk while working.

* same goes for cold food products that stink the place out - pasta, sushi etc.

Can't imagine sushi having any smell at all unless it's heated up or past its use by date... 

Water coolers. Selfish twats that don't change the bottle when it empty but keep taking water.

It has a reservoir inside that chills the water so if you keep taking water out the reservoir empties.

When I come along and change it the water coming out is now tepid as it hasn't been chilled in the reservoir.

All because 2 bints have weird water flasks they keep filling and think changing the water cooler bottle isn't their job, even if they have fucking emptied it.

Happens at least twice a week.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
54 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:
We are back. 
5cb71e2837eeb_Milkyisback.thumb.png.cdd3ab56d249c540bc7f6b06237a6631.png

Have we ever established on here if Gem (thanks) is a wid?

She seems awfully helpful so if she isn't she could maybe become an honorary one. Just so she doesn't feel left out.

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

According to the security experts at my place of employ's parent company: "Security begins with a clear desk and an empty screen".

Pretty sure most theft or destruction of valuable data isn't done by people physically sneaking into an office, walking up to a desk and stealing papers or having a swatch at P&B on someone's monitor.

According to the security experts at my place of employ's parent company: "Security begins with a clear desk and an empty screen".
Pretty sure most theft or destruction of valuable data isn't done by people physically sneaking into an office, walking up to a desk and stealing papers or having a swatch at P&B on someone's monitor.
Yep. I cant stand logging in every few minutes. My job involves a PC but working back and forward to it. It's a secure building who the f**k is just waiting to read my screen? Can IT not give everyone a secure server with access to certain need to know stuff then another personal login? Also what is reasonable IT personal usage? I don't trust that at all. Do all surfing on phone unless its 100% work related. Guy next to me watches YouTube for hours a day thinking it's fine because it's only streaming. Good luck explaining that m9 lol.

I realised today that tomorrow there will be several people in the office wearing flip flops because of the nice weather. My ears are going to be on fire with the constant flip flop, flip flop, flip flop, flip flop all fucking day. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

It was absolutely roasting in our office in winter because the heating is knackered. Some lassies were firing around in scarves and had heaters and hot water bottles. I was sat with my fan going full blast about 2 foot away from my face all day.

Today it was the same temperature as then in the office (there's a thermometer in the office). The same lassies were firing around in flip flops and more 'summery' clothing demanding all the windows and the door to the fire exit be open (which to be fair everyone was in favour of, although I was in favour of it in the winter too).

It's been mentioned a few times but it's mental behaviour.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I realised today that tomorrow there will be several people in the office wearing flip flops because of the nice weather. My ears are going to be on fire with the constant flip flop, flip flop, flip flop, flip flop all fucking day. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

What do you call a Frenchman in sandals? 

Phillipe Phelopp.