Work colleagues

44 minutes ago, throbber said:

I would be terrified if I saw a co worker with his shoes off in the office. Terrified!

Just stand on their toes as you pass, or if you really  scared just go outside,

they can't follow you until they put their shoes on. Plenty of time to get away.

Nah. A lot more to it.

Was telling me he was seeing Aliens :-(

Okay, that’s not so good. Hopefully he’s in a better place to him. My initial reaction was good, as someone in the rat race with no sign of escape, was good on that man.
Jesus Sandals?

Awk, that was his boy. He was trouble from the very start.

Just found out the woman I manage at work gets paid the same as me. It's everyone's annual pay review next month and she's not getting a pay-rise beyond the standard inflationary one everybody gets (this isn't my decision, I'm only getting the standard one as well).

If she asks why, is "Cos if you get a pay-rise, you'll be paid more than me" an acceptable reason?! 

Guest Moomintroll
Just found out the woman I manage at work gets paid the same as me. It's everyone's annual pay review next month and she's not getting a pay-rise beyond the standard inflationary one everybody gets (this isn't my decision, I'm only getting the standard one as well).
If she asks why, is "Cos if you get a pay-rise, you'll be paid more than me" an acceptable reason?! 
Not if it is like my Company, buried in the small print of my contract is a sentence that basically says revealing your salary to others is a Gross Misconduct offence.

13 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
27 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not if it is like my Company, buried in the small print of my contract is a sentence that basically says revealing your salary to others is a Gross Misconduct offence.

Really?! That's evil genius ... if salaries were public knowledge, they'd likely have to give a lot of people pay-rises. 

Guest Moomintroll
Really?! That's evil genius ... if salaries were public knowledge, they'd likely have to give a lot of people pay-rises. 
Which is obviously why they did it, the whitabootery would be off the scale otherwise.

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Weird rule, screams of jobs for the boys pay rises.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A woman I (used to) manage was getting paid 5k more than me and spent every day telling me how she didn't have to work. To sit and deal with that knowing she's doing f**k all was pretty difficult. 

She was late 50s, early 60s, and had a banking pension as well as her salary. I'm mid 30s and she was clearly pissed off she was getting managed by me.

Anyway, she threatened to resign a few times and I just ignored it. She then offered her resignation which I accepted and immediately processed. She couldn't believe I called her bluff.

I've just recruited her replacement who is getting substantially less than her.