Work colleagues

Just now, NJ2 said:

They do. They’re too polite or disgusted to say anything though.
Would you like to be the one who questioned “sock walker”?

Some folk, including management, have noticed before. They didn't seem bothered.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Some folk, including management, have noticed before. They didn't seem bothered.

They have probably done a cost benefit analysis of confronting you about wearing your tatty socks.

Benefits - No more awkward glances between staff about being exposed to your manky feet.

Costs - Potential that sock boy could be provoked to go on a kill crazy rampage by being confronted regarding sock habits.

Did you ask her what she was doing whilst timing your conversation?

Been making a point of asking her all day if her conversations are work related.

She’s yet to snap though I think it’s close.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why does the fact that you work in admin seem to make this sort of behaviour okay in your mind?

It's not customer facing and I'm not walking around a supermarket or stock room or factory floor without shoes.

Although I'd do it in most offices. My comfort is more important than potential reactions of weirdos who think that a person walking short distances on the odd occasion is in any way odd.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

They have probably done a cost benefit analysis of confronting you about wearing your tatty socks.

Benefits - No more awkward glances between staff about being exposed to your manky feet.

Costs - Potential that sock boy could be provoked to go on a kill crazy rampage by being confronted regarding sock habits.

Tatty socks? Manky feet?

You are mistaken.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Tatty socks? Manky feet?

You are mistaken.

I have prejudged you, I apologise.

Maybe you share an office with a load of foot fetishists and they are secretly getting sexual pleasure from your exposed hooves.

I have no doubt they’ve noticed, how could they not notice someone skidding about in their cottons?! Polite, shocked or scared explains the lack of reaction.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

I have no doubt they’ve noticed, how could they not notice someone skidding about in their cottons?! Polite, shocked or scared explains the lack of reaction.

Skidding around? On a carpet?

Who would be shocked or scared by someone not wearing shoes?!

Okay, I’ll give you benefit of the doubt and accept you don’t do skidding (I suspect you do).
I think it’d be a natural reaction, given the setting - the workplace.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Okay, I’ll give you benefit of the doubt and accept you don’t do skidding (I suspect you do).
I think it’d be a natural reaction, given the setting - the workplace.

If anyone is shocked or scared by that then they need serious psychiatric help.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The skidding of cotton on carpet could create some friction and therefore creating static and therefore shocking someone if you then touched them!

Therefore, start wearing shoes!

Kicking your shoes off is perfectly acceptable, if you’ve got a 5metre walk to the printer, why would you put your shoes back on for a 15 second return trip? If you’re going to the canteen 200m away, then that’s a little strange. What DA is doing is perfectly acceptable IMVHO.