Work colleagues

20190315_142112.thumb.jpg.e6638c4d9913486d5e22ed3dfc256282.jpgSomeone ( identity confirmed by a grass) has put this on the toilet door at work. What disciplinary action should be taken in these PC days?

Option A: boring lecture about being a professional organisation and that you are disappointed by their immaturity.
Option B: none
Option C: ask then to prove this is a factual statement made by themselves
Option C: no action
Option D: sack the grass.

10 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

20190315_142112.thumb.jpg.e6638c4d9913486d5e22ed3dfc256282.jpgSomeone ( identity confirmed by a grass) has put this on the toilet door at work. What disciplinary action should be taken in these PC days?

It's shite patter so I'd sack him for that alone. If it was funny I'd promote him, happy to help.

20 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

If it's a man, stick it up his arse - sideways. If it's a woman stick it in her coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of my job is putting values into a spreadsheet. Already it’s an old fashioned way of doing things. Then someone else checks the values as their actual job. Like this is their actual job to check values in a spreadsheet. Then the values are checked again by quality department.

If someone finds a wrong value they stop their job, interrupt me and then ask the daft question, aye see how that value is 2000 should that be 2.000? 

Well duuuuuh. Can you not just sort it yourself? Is that really beyond your skillset?

Genuinely baffled by this, we are paying out over a hundred grand in wages for this shit.

Myself and several others have provided the solution with proven spreadsheets that check and validate but we got turned away.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of the madness.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Part of my job is putting values into a spreadsheet. Already it’s an old fashioned way of doing things. Then someone else checks the values as their actual job. Like this is their actual job to check values in a spreadsheet. Then the values are checked again by quality department.
If someone finds a wrong value they stop their job, interrupt me and then ask the daft question, aye see how that value is 2000 should that be 2.000? 
Well duuuuuh. Can you not just sort it yourself? Is that really beyond your skillset?
Genuinely baffled by this, we are paying out over a hundred grand in wages for this shit.
Myself and several others have provided the solution with proven spreadsheets that check and validate but we got turned away.

Looking for a job mate, help me out?

15 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Looking for a job mate, help me out?

To clarify it’s not one hundred grand each.

:lol:

TBH you would like doing that for so long then just go braindead. Best of it is these guys think they are the gatekeepers of the company and adding value. It’s only because the job is designed so badly you need the checks. I was working in a more advanced place in 1996 and that was a penny pinching shithole. We are making a fortune, that’s the problem really it’s hiding all the dysfunction.

A guy in my work took 2 weeks annual leave to go to Bali and returned to work last week. Towards the end of his holiday he fell ill with food poisoning and ended up bed ridden for four days. He just returned to work the other day and asked to be paid sick leave for those four days and his annual leave to be returned to him. The weird thing is, it appears to be the law in Australia and had he had a medical certificate, he would have had his request accepted. 

I've never heard such madness in my life. Is that a thing in the UK? It would never have crossed my mind to try to get sick pay if I happened to fall ill while on leave. 

I know what will be happening the next time I'm on leave though...

A guy in my work took 2 weeks annual leave to go to Bali and returned to work last week. Towards the end of his holiday he fell ill with food poisoning and ended up bed ridden for four days. He just returned to work the other day and asked to be paid sick leave for those four days and his annual leave to be returned to him. The weird thing is, it appears to be the law in Australia and had he had a medical certificate, he would have had his request accepted. 
I've never heard such madness in my life. Is that a thing in the UK? It would never have crossed my mind to try to get sick pay if I happened to fall ill while on leave. 
It is a thing in the UK. I think that employers tend to want a 'doctors note' type thing in instances such as this though as opposed to allowing self certification.

People who go to foreign countries because "waay cheap booze and sunshine" and then fail to account for disease and the impact long distance travel has on the body affecting their compatriates are shit people.

38 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

In theory yes it is the law here, in practice in my experience I've rarely seen anyone have the balls to try it.

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The same in my work. One guy used to do it almost every year.