Work colleagues

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you’re looking for someone to go to Barra with im up for it!
The previous posters are correct with BA, they won’t change anything. I did get them once but that was because they messed up what they told me. We cancelled a flight due to my wifes dad having had a heart attack, I phoned and explained, they cancelled the flight and said ‘I can just rearrange the flights for whenever I wanted to take them no charge’. I phoned up to rebook and someone in the Indian call centre said i’d need to pay £1000 extra, I said no, passed about to various managers one of whom reviewed the call and agreed the person had said what I knew they had, got the flights rebooked ‘as a courtesy’. I have seen BA answering questions on social media re a missed first leg and its very much the whole thing is cancelled!

I tried to cancel or postpone a flight when my Dad was dying and was told by the call centre I could keep in touch with him by phone from Cuba if I needed to. Think that was Virgin. You'd think the big legacy airlines would be more customer friendly than the budget ones but it's the other way around.

They have asked me to cover a phone whilst the person is out of the office for an hour - its taken me 25 minutes to notice that they have switched the ringer off and therefore I cant actually tell when a call is coming in.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Most folk in this office have a different ringtone for their desk phone.

Despite this there are still folk who ask 'who's phone is that?' when one is ringing. These are folk who have been here for years.

In a previous workplace a colleague started calling me 'Harry Potter' because I wore glasses. Such patter. She genuinely thought it was hilarious and some others found it really funny as well.  Just awful chat.

Despite this there are still folk who ask 'who's phone is that?' when one is ringing. These are folk who have been here for years.

In a previous workplace a colleague started calling me 'Harry Potter' because I wore glasses. Such patter. She genuinely thought it was hilarious and some others found it really funny as well.  Just awful chat.

Aye, terrible patter.
Hiya Daniel Radcliffe, hiya pal.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You should've called her '3'.  And when she questioned it, tell her that was what she was out of 10.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Aye, terrible patter.
Hiya Daniel Radcliffe, hiya pal.

I don't look anything like him. It was simply because I wore glasses.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

You should've called her '3'.  And when she questioned it, tell her that was what she was out of 10.

I'm not a cruel man. I just made a face that was a mixture of exasperation, bemusement and pity.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In my day it was 'Joe 90'. But then we were ten-year-old kids so there was some excuse.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Tell her your new nickname should be Johnny Two Times then tell her to f**k off.  Twice.

In a previous workplace my boss decided to do a lookalike quiz like a pub quiz picture round of everyone in his team. I was Harry Potter in that purely because I wore glasses. They weren't even round glasses, rectangular frameless glasses, obvious link to Harry Potter!

1 hour ago, pj_puttz said:

Tell her your new nickname should be Johnny Two Times then tell her to f**k off.  Twice.

It was years ago that I finished/was punted from that place.

8 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

In a previous workplace my boss decided to do a lookalike quiz like a pub quiz picture round of everyone in his team. I was Harry Potter in that purely because I wore glasses. They weren't even round glasses, rectangular frameless glasses, obvious link to Harry Potter!

It's just such unoriginal chat. A total lack of wit.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was years ago that I finished/was punted from that place.

It's just such unoriginal chat. A total lack of wit.

Sounds like an opportunity. You should be able to trace all life problems and health issues back to this cruel bullying, and sue the f**k out of her and the company.

Obviously I'm not suggesting it was actually bullying, but they deserve it for the shite patter.

31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

An ex colleague has been caught from these "child protection Scotland " also known as "vigilantes" for wanting to meet a 14 year old online

Now this is better than the Gemma or my colleague missing Vegas chat....